It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Cloaked Mothership?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why is everything nowadays "motherships"?!

What goes through the mind on a poster who blindly believes in any Youtube video as evidence of anything. A video can be a key piece of evidence, but there are so many other variables that need to be determined.

* Interview the witness
* Find more witnesses
* Police reports
* Multiple angles
* Examine the raw video file
* Corroborate story and evidence with previously listed variables

All of these things hardly ever done. So how come users lately just post a video, hardly comment on it and will fight tooth and nail to say it's a "mothership"?!

I'm not asking whether you are a believer in U.F.O's or not. I am interested in the mental status being of people who can make such conclusions with such little information. What does that say about them and how their brain functions?

If you came here actually expecting a "mothership" continue on here or here.

Good luck

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Deceptive post....you could have come up with a better title to discuss legitimate ufo sightings describing motherships..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
EDIT: Actually.. nevermind..

edit on 8-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
Deceptive post....you could have come up with a better title to discuss legitimate ufo sightings describing motherships..

That's why it is placed in Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics and not Alien & U.F.O's. The thread title also does not suggest a picture or video. Still feel deceived?! I placed some crumbs on the bottom to pick at. Good luck

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I am interested in the mental status being of people who can make such conclusions with such little information.

Times are tough, and getting tougher. When that happens what do people tend to do? Look for a Savior.

Well, Christ/Religions is on the outs with so many people (sad) so, what's the next best thing?

A MOTHER SHIP is coming to save us all! Or at least change the status quo.

I’m now two pennies poorer...

peace

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I didn't come here expecting a Motha ship. I saw it was Cluckerspud !!! and came to agree knowing full well what to expect. Kudos.
And flags and stars and stripes with two thumbs up and you get a cookie.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I am interested in the mental status being of people who can make such conclusions with such little information.

Times are tough, and getting tougher. When that happens what do people tend to do? Look for a Savior.

Well, Christ/Religions is on the outs with so many people (sad) so, what's the next best thing?

A MOTHER SHIP is coming to save us all! Or at least change the status quo.

I’m now two pennies poorer...

peace

The blind faith angle does mirror that of a religious faith. Desperate for a savior seems like a logical explanation. Keep those 2 pennies.
I would never bilk my friends here. Consider your thoughts a piece of knowledge instead. Thanks.
edit on 8-1-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Seeing phage in your avatar reminded me that I haven't seen him on the boards lately, has he done a Maybe Maybe Not ?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I didn't come here expecting a Motha ship. I saw it was Cluckerspud !!! and came to agree knowing full well what to expect. Kudos.

Happy New Year Randyvs. I expected a few replies that I would be deceiving, baiting, trolling or whatever. Glad you are wise to your surroundings... wait... and a cookie?! I gained ten pounds since Thanksgiving. I will give the cookie to my girl she just got home and wants lunch.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

When the appointed hour arrives a fleet of Marauder class battleships will decloack

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

your punctuation at the end gives one the impression that you are questioning the validity of a mother ship..posts are sometimes miscategorized... all is well...
edit on 8-1-2011 by chrismarco because: spelling error..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well as far as UFOs go I'm not in disbelief . I myself have seen to many things that can't be explained. I simply
applaued your critique. Plus eveyone knows me as a man who just won't abandon his faith.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

your puntuation at the end gives one the impression that you are questioning the validity of a mother ship..

I am questioning the use of "Mothership". Read it again.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Well as far as UFOs go I'm not in disbelief . I myself have seen to many things that can't be explained. I simply
applaued your critique. Plus eveyone knows me as a man who just won't abandon his faith.

Agreed. I had an experience in Phoenix over 10 years ago (an I know what I saw moment).
We shouldn't abandon anything that gives us comfort. Be well friend.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Hardy har har

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Hardy har har

Glad you see the point now. You weren't really expecting me (Cluckerspud) to submit something that I would identify as a "mothership"?! Were you?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Sorry not familiar with your style of posts....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sorry not familiar with your style of posts....

It's ok. No hard feelings.
I feel the same way about these posts.

Mothership hidden as a cloud above Bucharest Romania, Dec 25, 2010

A Mothership appear above Lima (Peru)?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

how do you know who poster is?
what i mean is, I usually head straight for the new topics hose and i dont see who the poster is till i open it in a new tab or preview using cooliris

getting back to topic yeah too many people looking for "salvation/deliverance" from external source

then again age/experience could be factor

I'll always remember my 1st UFO:

it looked like a spinning disk with lights on the edges all the neighbors started to come out when when my friends and I started a ruckus everybody was like in awe until it came over my house,
and made contact:

don't' miss the specials this Friday at...

it was a biplane with one of those billboards made out of light bulbs.

still watching the skies

don't stop either

but don't jump to conclusions work/question/analyze your way to them

S&F

edit on 8-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

edit on 8-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment for clarification

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well for one thing it's a tad sexist.

When was the last time you heard dark, out of focus images referred to as 'Daddyships'?

Allow me to answer that, never.

I smell a conspiracy here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join