Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Thousands Of Egyptian Muslims Show Up As 'Human Shields' To Defend Coptic Christians From Terrorism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Thousands Of Egyptian Muslims Show Up As 'Human Shields' To Defend Coptic Christians From Terrorism

thinkprogress.org

On New Year’s Day, a devastating terrorist bombing at a Coptic church in Egypt killed 21 people and injured 79 others. Although the identity of the culprits was not known, it was assumed that they were Muslim extremists

As Egyptian Copts attended mass at churches across the country, “thousands” of Muslims, including “the two sons of President Hosni Mubarak,” joined them, acting as “human shields” to protect from terrorist attacks by extremists. The Muslims organized under the slogan “We eithe
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wow!!!!

In the midst of Obama's Internet ID news this is a sign of hope

Possibly the most important news on ATS yet

“We either live together, or we die together,”

Beautiful!
United they stand vs. Extremism, i'm pretty sure I know which group willl win and it will NOT be the latter!!!

I must say.... this news is a strong sign of hope to say the least!!!!!!!!!

This MUST continue!!!!!
It just has to, it cannot end here, IT MUST CONTINUE!!!

thinkprogress.org

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Now this news is something that can even warm the Atheist's heart to these people.

Nice find.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Wow it's nice to see some positive news!

I wish we could see more news like this of mainstream Muslims standing up against extremists!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What a beautiful thing, we are all brothers.

Muslims, Christians, and Jew, have often lived together side by side for centuries, know the true enemy of humanity wants to create division and hatred,

edit on 103131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Finally something to remind people that fundamentalists/extremists do not represent the views of the people.

Good slogan, too.

S+F for a post that didn't make me die a little inside.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

This is the best piece of News in a long time ....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is a little like vindication for me. I have always supported ethnic minority groups, ever since I was a kid, standing back to back with muslims and hindus against fascist attacks from other white kids at school. Im of Celtic origin, and a Christian, and as such I cannot stand to watch imperialism at work. When I stood and defended people of ethnic minorities, I was outcast by my peers for a time, until everyone had learned how to live side by side.
Even now if I hear people bad mouthing muslims as a group I get fustrated and angry at thier ignorance. I am pleased that in a time where sectarian violence has been on the increase, that Christians and Muslims can stand shoulder to shoulder in this fashion, with thier differences aside against dark forces.
I only hope that in the future there are further collaberations within nations of mixed religious beliefs, because only in this way can the world truely be healed of the scars of the holy wars.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Well this video seems fitting....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Egypt is alot different from other middle east countries, so its not surprising
Good post ModernAcademia.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Wow!!!!

In the midst of Obama's Internet ID news this is a sign of hope

Possibly the most important news on ATS yet

“We either live together, or we die together,”

Beautiful!
United they stand vs. Extremism, i'm pretty sure I know which group willl win and it will NOT be the latter!!!

I must say.... this news is a strong sign of hope to say the least!!!!!!!!!

This MUST continue!!!!!
It just has to, it cannot end here, IT MUST CONTINUE!!!

thinkprogress.org

MODS...Why is this not front page News?
SnF with standing ovation (far superior than an applause)

For those that doubt that this happened here is a photo of Mubarak's two sons in the church!

As a kafir crusader, My eyes moistened at the sound of this prospected peace initiative.
I pray that this extended olive branch from the Egyptians, takes root and flourishes throughout not just the Muslim community, but the world itself.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There was a thread with the same subject.. just saying.

It's still great news, though.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

As I posted in the other thread:

Apparently Christians do NOT have a monopoly on "Christian values."

S&F.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Most human beings are basically decent, no matter their place of birth or religion they were taught. This is a good example of that.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

As I posted in the other thread:

Apparently Christians do NOT have a monopoly on "Christian values."

S&F.

What I was thinking,

Any act of love and loving kindness is where GOD can be seen through US.

Where there is love, there is god.
edit on 113131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Where there is Love there are simple and humble people

Massive deaths all throughout the world, then a group of people show a sign of light and you give props to some God?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Coptic Christians are the original inhabitants of Egypt and can trace their culture back to the builders of the pyramids. They are not of Arab descent. Much of the pre-Islamic history of this mighty nation has been erased by Jihad. I think it would be great if Egypt were to re-find this nearly forgotten past, revive it, and live it. This event may provide a tiny beacon to your long-suffering muslim brothers who desperately seek to apostate but fear for their lives.

Or....

It may be a subtle form of fitna. Jihad on a few Christians, then do a little "we are of peace" song and dance. After a while, the vicious (and it has been brutally violent many times) Friday Night beatdowns can resume. The raping of the Christian girls for sport and money can resume. Gotta have a few kaffir to mutilate! Don't want to frighten off all the Christians because then the mighty muslim men would not have anyone to beat up and kill.

Remember, the penalty for leaving Islam, The Religion of Peace, is well, Death. The Christians of Egypt should use this opportunity to apostate as many suffering muslims as they can. Reclaim the history and culture of pre-Islamic Egypt.

Free Alexandria!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Also, if anyone has photographs showing the thronging muslims coming to the defense of the Christians, please post them. I have not seen any.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No.

If we are made by a God (and that god, being omnipotent, does not make mistakes), then everything that everyone does, from wonder to wickedness, gives us a look at what that God is like.

The Good just makes it worth being human.
edit on 8/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Where there is Love there are simple and humble people

Massive deaths all throughout the world, then a group of people show a sign of light and you give props to some God?

But they have come together in the name of god, and peace, and love, and once a prophet taught that.

I don't know why you find it so upsetting.
edit on 123131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join