It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE story behind "The Hoax Heard 'Round the World." (Exclusive e-book for ATS visitors)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Was meandering the internet when i came across a site with the following (BAID) i

thought you may be interested?

"QUOTE"
The following is directly fromWaynes website for anyone interested in assisting to promote

this wonderful information and book. Wayne is currently setting up regional promotional

personnel in major cities as an after hours part-time project for those seeking EXTRA income.

If you see yourself as an entrepeneur with a passion for this genre and would like to hold, what

has already proven as very popular 1 hour presentations of the Hidden Records talk/slide show

events then please consider this offer.

If you are comfortable with public speaking, book marketing and organising on presenting

(pre prepared script) slide shows (and TV clips) then please contact

Wayne [email protected] and title your e.mail 'Talk Presenter application'

Enough said by me - go grab a cuppa your favourite beverage sit back at your computer and

check out his website.

So i dusted off my best interview suit grabbed a glass of wine got back to the computer and

then..........................the BIG LET DOWN.................i noticed the date 1st March 2007 !!!!!

Still it could have been worse it could have been April 1st "April Fools Day "

Wonder what he was paying? $27 per hour plus expenses?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I see a tent... a plate being passed around and something like this...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Excellent work but... I would like to focus on one part of it, if I may, in hopes that someday, we will overcome the mistake...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence...

Think about that for just a minute. Do extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?

First of all, anything that does indeed exist, is real, no matter how seemingly unusual. No extraordinary involved.

Secondly, proof is a form of truth and truth is a freestanding statement that does not require more than itself to exist. Once something is proven to be truth, then it need not be proven over and over to satisfy this concept of extra-ordinary.

The hoax mention here in the OP was uncovered not because there was anything extraordinary about the claim. Had the signal been genuine, then the absolute proof of it would have withstood all challenges.

It was, in fact, that lack of ordinary, everyday proof that undermined the hoaxers and led people using logic and solid reasoning to expose it.

This concept that 'extraordinary' even exists... meaning above and beyond normal, is far more ludicrous than any combination of theories regarding UFOs or life elsewhere in the universe.

If they do exist, they exist as natural... or ordinary fact.
If they don't exist, then that is not above or beyond ordinary either.
Things are what they are. Period.

It is the human mind that invents these fuzzy brackets for concept and misunderstanding.

NOTE TO MODS: I feel that this comment is relevant to the story of the hoaxed ET signals because the 'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence' concept was applied as being critical to the effort.

-R

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Yes, your post absolutely WAS relevant. No need for a disclaimer, I would think.

I agree with your assessment in general. Anything that "is", that actually exists, must by logic be "natural" Whether it is ordinary is another discussion, I would think. There are a number of things that are natural, but which are not ordinary in the course of that progression. Some things are just offshoots from the main line, not "ordinary", but are no less natural for all of that.

What I said there is that the claim was extraordinary, not the facts of the matter. The claim itself, that a UV signal had been received on radio equipment, is neither ordinary nor natural. In the event of claims of that nature, evidence is required to back it up that is commensurate with the claims made - which in this case, in my opinion, were both extraordinary AND supernatural. Supernatural in the sense that they would transcend the natural, and be in direct opposition to it.

Also note that I rely heavily on the use of the term "evidence" rather than "proof". Evidence backs up a statement, but proof ends the discussion right then and there. Evidence is sought and made use of in all sorts of investigations, from scientific to criminal, but proof, absolute and incontrovertible, is a comparative rarity.

I didn't require "proof" because of that, but I certainly demanded some sort of evidence, and it was NEVER forthcoming, not even to this very day.

edit on 2011/1/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What a difference three years make March 2007 Wayne is looking for people he is prepared

to pay to sell his books. Today i came across a site 'Forum Project Avalon'.

The forum is now closed to new posters but will remain up for reference and research purposes

for an indifinate period. There is only one posting on 4. 8. 2010 by someone called 'firstfruit'

(the gist of the post is) "Friends of an enlightened and free humanity your help is desperately

needed........help with a donation large or small appreciated and humbly received. I dont know

Wayne apart from an e.mail or two..........As from Thur 15th April I will be donating £20 every

two weeks.........My friends searchers of enlightenment and truth its up to us, please donate

what you can to anyone of Wayne's websites

.............................................hiddenrecords

.............................................keyofsolomon

.............................................oneism.org

As i said that is the gist of it (those who have followed this thread will recognise) that the full

tome of this begging blog was first posted by 'dcmb' on page 98 of the original thread by

some-one called Steellesco. It is word for word the same (probably a copy and paste) and as

'dcmb' says on his post "All over the web someone called steellesco is dropping the same spiel

every where asking for money to fund Wayne. Now Wayne has on his credentials that he has

...............................A Landscaping business

..............................Website Design/Managing business $27 per hour

..............................Youtube productions

...............................Author and Researcher/Egyptoligist

ALL THIS AND HE IS BEGGING

Full Text of the begging blog can be seen on page 98 of 'dcmb's post 14. 7. 2010 on the
original thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

"Friends of an enlightened and free humanity"

Yeah.

I think if he'd added in a "humanity uplifting message of my..." it might have sent me off the rails. I wonder how much I could make if I went around the internet begging 20 quid donations from everyone on Earth to support my "work"? Nah. It ain't gonna happen. I've only got the one job, not multiple enterprises, but I have a modicum of pride to go with it.

Here is the dcmb1490 post on page 98 of the other thread which you referred to, for the sake of convenience.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think we should all set up troll email accounts ([email protected], [email protected]. [email protected], etc, etc.) and send in our troll resumes for that job posting. I'm sure no one applied and the position is still available.

Credentials include:

Once did landscaping as well
Seeking truth and enlightenment
Undercover agent for the Army of Darkness/ CIA
Willing to do public presentations on how badly this hoax was done
Ready to answer tough questions on Oneism/hoaxes

I can score myself a $27 per hour job talking about Wayne?!?!?! Sounds like a deal- even if presentations are probably only an hour long and that $22 cheque ($5 deducted as a donation to the Light Brigade) will probably bounce.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Something for everyone before Wayne gets a hold of it and uses it on his usual over

the top face book entries.

"WOW"!!!!! The Pleadians have sent ME a sign they will be arriving on one of these

au....spici...ous days !!!!! and eases his star charts to fit in with the numerical

symbology.

This year we will experience four unusual dates.......1. 1. 11 and 1. 11. 11. and

11. 1. 11. and 11. 11. 11. Now go figure this out, take the last two digits of the year

you were born and the age you will be this year add them together and it will equal 111.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....

And NO Wayne it dosen't have Any signifance..........just an oddity.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

And NO Wayne it doesn't have Any signifance..........just an oddity.

I agree... he is!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

we should all set up troll email accounts ([email protected], [email protected].
[email protected], etc, etc.) and send in our troll resumes for that job posting.
I'm sure no one applied and the position is still available.

I'm not sure what it is, but something tells me that the ploy would be spotted very quickly!!
(biad@...!!!)

Credentials include: Once did landscaping as well

I too, had a spade once and a small bucket.

Seeking truth and enlightenment

I personally, have never had a 'OBE' but I once won a 'Good Knots' badge
in my Girl Guide's Unit.

Undercover agent for the Army of Darkness/ CIA

My contract indicates I can't discuss this.

Willing to do public presentations on how badly this hoax was done

As long as the correct wardrobe is available.

Ready to answer tough questions on Oneism/hoaxes

As long as I rambled on about others attempting to 'scupper' my plans and
my audience filled the passed-around plate, I think I could succeed at this.
(and remember... nothing succeeds like a budgie)

But staying with the 'Wayne Program' -just send your money and I will remain vague.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
eletheia I dont know if youve seen this:

wayneherschel.wordpress.com...

somehow I had to laugh but then I felt sorry for him lol

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nitromaria

Hmmm. Yes Nitromaria, I saw that a few months back.

Suspicious if you ask me. I mean, really - how many people are discussing Judy Fältskog at the pub? Really? And how does a "a simple old man who only uses the internet for communicating with my family and occasionally updated football results or news" set up a lovely wordpress page like that?" And why?

But anyway - if it is legit - I'll chip in for a round.

And anyway, doesn't bother me too much cause I've already clicked on it months ago and they have my IP address.

Can't quite work out the translations but it's still a bit weird for my liking.

And on a side note - sad
The original Hoax thread has dropped off my subscribed threads on My ATS.
Guess that means it's all over folks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Hi Netts and thanks to Nitro for the strange blog.
I too find it odd that this person is approached in bars about this subject,
but then again... there's a lot of people on the internet.

It does seem that this Hoax has ran it's course and we could possibly look
at the idea of slouching on guard and believe that the thuds at the gates have
ceased.

But knowing Nenothtu, he won't.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Shhh! There's snares set at the gate... let 'em think we're sleeping!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nitromaria

Yes Nitromaria i did see that !! and i do feel sorry for anyone who would have the misfortune

to be called Wayne Hershel with the legacy that that name carries. However on reflection

i had the same thoughts as Netties, he refers to himself as a simple old man, well Wayne

is a somewhat 'new' name and not a usual one for 'a simple old man' he has his own

website which is incidently 'word press' isnt that one of Waynes favourite sites?? The

one he blackmailed into closing dcmb's blog ?? Then again the links on that blog go to

sites which are two years old and not very flattering to Wayne. Infact two of the postings

on that two year old blog site have been brought right up to date by 'm0riarty' linking up

to the threads on ATS!!

I feel sure that the if the 'regulars at the pub' were conversant with UFO's, star visitors,

star maps, ultra violet signals etc. the "old" Wayne would have had to make his blog

two years ago when Wayne was being 'best friends' with Blossom.

Yes Netties it is all quiet at the moment Wayne is somewhat subdued in the effusive

claims on his fb page. (for the time being) Judy is virtually off the net seems she has

gone into 'stealth mode' So TRUTH has prevailed for the time being at least !! But

as Nenothtu says we must not rest on our laurels make no mistake they will be back

different names ???? different hoaxes????? Reading between the lines Wayne has

2012 lined up for something !! and he still has books to sell £'s and $'s to extract

from preying on the vunerable..........................WE WILL BE WAITING.....................

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

As Captain Quint said in the movie 'Jaws'...
"he can't stay down with three barrels... not with three he can't"

And stop playing with yourself Hooper!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Good to see an obscure thread I posted in brought up!! Wonder how this 'old man' found it?

I used to teach 'older' people how to use the internet - hyperlinks and images (never mind blogging) aren't skills easily attained. Perhaps he's savvy enough though, he mentions communicating with his family and getting football results.

The weirdest thing about it all though is that the link to the South African sceptics forum indicated that the forum post was posted 1 day after the Wordpress post. Plus he mentions he wanted to reclaim his name for a long time now...

Foregoing time zones and horseplay; I wonder who his friend at the pub is?

Accepting Horseplay I'd say I would be the most obvious suspect due to how closely the blog was posted and the date of the SA sceptic forum post. I like petty but would have used the blog much more aggressively against him and the hoax. Neno's book would be there for one!

Anyone got any light to shed on this?

-m0r
edit on 29/1/2011 by m0r1arty because: Irony of failed hyperlink is not lost on me...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Yes m0riarty i have come across quite a few posts by you on many obscure sites !!

But do you ever read your U2U's. ??????

Many times i marvel at coincidences in life and i wonder if Waynes " pub pal " is Wayne!!!

Like Wayne meet the REAL Wayne lol....lol ...

Not as inconceivable as it may seem............I have in the past introduced myself to

someone who didn't know me, but was impersonating me as, Eletheia meet the REAL

Eletheia. (using my proper name obviously)
:roll

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Yes m0riarty i have come across quite a few posts by you on many obscure sites !!

But do you ever read your U2U's. ??????

Hey Eletheia, I just had a quick scan through and see one from you in return to my Christmas card, it mentions a prior message but I can't find it if it was sent. I'm not too hot on private messages and don't give them much value (not a personal thing to you, ask anyone who's messaged me ever) as I like to keep my opinions out in the open so that anyone can read it if they wish and not have to worry about 'privacy' concerns on a public discussion forum. I'm always available for a chat in the chat room if you fancy a good ol' chin wag though - you can U2U me for that!

Not as inconceivable as it may seem............I have in the past introduced myself to someone who didn't know me, but was impersonating me as, Eletheia meet the REAL Eletheia. (using my proper name obviously)
:roll

That sounds like quite the tale there - be interesting to know more of it!

-m0r

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I spent all day & night reading the whole e-book!

It's more & more interesting every coming page!!

It's just like the movie "Catch Me if you can!"

I think it's part 2 with sci-fi elements!!

1. Cancer swindled grand ma
2. UFO crash hoax
3. Document proof hoax
4. Slander
5. Sex Change
6. Pregnancy swindled guys
7. NASA Signal Hoax
8. UFO Cult
9. Murder Accusation
10. Cyber war using light warriors!

I am surprised the above are not made into a epic movie maybe "Catch me if you can Part 2"

Let's get Christian Bale? Or someone Matt Damon? I don't know...Or get a girl to pretend to be a guy first...then convert back to a female for more bitchy acting!

However, I am not sure how to end the movie!

edit on 3/2/2011 by simontay78 because: video not showing

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join