It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just a thought, if I stole "your" internet ID card, login. . (whatever) then it could create more problems than solve.
Just imagine the abuses that would ensue.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

For some reason,I feel like screaming.
One of those deep,primordial ones that
shakes leaves off trees.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Honestly, if they implemented crap like that here in canada, I would just choose not to use the internet. The only thing I would miss was IM contact with friends and family in other states and provinces. I have been downloading massive ammounts of ebooks and such things in case something like that happens, I got enough info to keep me busy for a few lifetimes. I will miss the internet a little, but it is not important enough to me to put up with that kind of crap.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I would go into withdrawl without the net.
I spend a lot of time on my computer and ATS!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It's already official:

We all are just "consumers."

We have the Right to Consume, and the Right to Pay for Our Consumption.

That's it.

The rest of our Rights and Freedoms were traded away for the North American Union, and to establish the Global Corporate Government according to "Free Trade Principles."

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Does anyone really need an internet though? I refuse to be shackled to something like this. First a license then a knock on the door? Screw that stuff. There is nothing that could compel me to buy into this, it is pure governemnt and pig control tactics. It would ruint he internet for me anyway. I use it for entertainment. I WOULD miss my netflix, but I am certain I would recover.

yes. you know nothing about the internet because you use it only for entertainment.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Oh,I loved this post,star for you
and these for good measure

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just a thought, if I stole "your" internet ID card, login. . (whatever) then it could create more problems than solve.
Just imagine the abuses that would ensue.

Any data stream can be hijacked!

What if you are logged in to the new internet they want, and someone has found a way to hijack your connection and uses that for criminal activity?

Now YOU will have to prove beyond any doubt that YOU did not do it.

That is why this will fail, no matter how it is implemented.

How many court cases and lawsuits will it take?

Will YOU be one who is arrested, detained, interrogated for things you did not do?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Kind of off topic, but considering that knowledge, why do you suppose IP adresses and data on computers are admissable in court? Anyone with a little knowledge in computers can change timestamps and such as well. Who is to say the computer techs investigating didn't put some incriminating evidence on your computer, and change the timestamp? I know if I ever had the urge to do something illegal online, I would be doing some wardriving, not using my own internet connection lmao.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Hmmmmm, guilty until proven innocent. How 1984-ish!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

I believe this to be the tip of the iceberg. Soon,all forms of ID will probably be tied together into some sort of biometric/RFID/scan card that would be used to access everything and can track,monitor and corral you electronically by remote.

It does not take much to connect the dots.

The final step will be Implanted RFID tags to get medical care and for any type of travel..... RFID drivers licenses and Passports are already here

You didn't REALLY think Obamacare was for OUR benefit now did you?

New Jersey Hospital to Implant Microchips in Patients' Arms - July 2006
In a new test program, Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey plans to implant patients suffering from chronic diseases with a microchip... Horizon plans to announce on Monday that it is teaming up with Hackensack University Medical Center in a pilot program where 280 patients regularly treated at the hospital will be implanted with a chip containing a code....

The rice-sized microchip is implanted in a patient's right arm above the elbow and can be detected using equipment at the hospital.... www.foxnews.com...

And more recently....

VeriChip Markets Its Implantable RFID Tags and Services Direct to Consumers

The company has launched a three-month advertising campaign for its newly rebranded Health Link system, and hopes to convince 1,000 South Floridians to get injected with rice-grain-sized transponders linked to health records....

VeriChip is partnering with hearing care provider HearUSA to make the chips available. With the system, consumers can call an 800 number for additional information. HearUSA telemarketing personnel will answer questions about the system and direct interested parties to HEARx stores in their area. Customers can visit one of HearUSA's eight HEARx locations in Florida's Palm Springs, Martin and St. Lucie counties, and have a VeriChip-licensed nurse implant the transponder there in the store. Consumers need not be HearUSA or HEARx customers to have the chip implanted.... www.rfidjournal.com...

Thus far, about 900 hospitals on the East Coast have agreed to participate in the VeriChip system. These hospitals have received RFID interrogators that can be used to read a patient's embedded VeriChip RFID transponder to automatically access that person's medical records... www.rfidjournal.com...

VeriMed, a human-implantable VeriChip RFID chip about the size of a rice grain, is being studied by U.S. Navy and Air Force generals. The VeriMed chip will have an encrypted 16-digit identification number. www.technovelgy.com...

Given OBAMACARE, how long do you think it will be before the US government says No Chip - No medical care???

The rest of the dots:

1. First is the Governments attitude towards US citizens:
"The federal government and a private laboratory say they have no duty under Florida law to protect the public from anthrax or other lethal materials." - www.wwsb.com...

2. Airplanes: TSA is already doing Grope-N-Fly.

3. Trains, Subways and Boats: DHS secretary Janet Napolitano says that full-body scanners may be deployed in train stations, on subway platforms, and in marinas;

4. Buses: The Intercity Bus Security Grant Program (IBSGP) is one of five grant programs that constitute the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Fiscal Year (FY) 2010 focus on transportation infrastructure security activities.

5. Homeland Security considers Americans a THREAT: Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said the threat of “homegrown” terrorism increased during the past year and more U.S. citizens or legal residents are “becoming radicalized to the point of violence.”

6. The beginning of a citizen SPY network: Secretary Napolitano Announces Expansion of "If You See Something, Say Something" Campaign to Walmart Stores Across the Nation

7. Attorney General Holder: Home-grown terrorist threat keeps me awake at night "..The main threat to the US is no longer foreigners infiltrating the homeland..."

8.TOLEDO MAYOR TELLS MARINES "NO" TO URBAN WARFARE TRAINING IN CITY

9.Daily Times Herald in Carroll, Iowa: The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.

10. Military Commissions Act of 2006: the Act's stated purpose was "To authorize trial by military commission for violations of the law of war, and for other purposes."

I really really do not care for what I see happening in the District of Criminals these days.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Why do we always vote in dictators!

They try and trick us by saying we have an option to vote. That's the only difference in today's dictators and yesteryears dictators. We get to vote our dictators in. We have the privilege of choosing which dictator we want this day and age. Once you vote one in, our vote means chit! They dictate everything that goes on forthcoming. Every subject of the matter is whipped-up in closed doors and passed every time without any of our consent. When will we learn!? We need to start getting more politically involved and fight for every inch! Why do we continuously allow them to pass garbage like this internet ID infringement?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Windows Vista was the first operating system which registers your computer hardware serial number so your physical computer can be tracked.

MAC addresses of your router are also used to track you.

You already have serial numbers assigned to you so you can be tracked on the internet. Most don't even know it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Kind of off topic, but considering that knowledge, why do you suppose IP adresses and data on computers are admissable in court? Anyone with a little knowledge in computers can change timestamps and such as well. Who is to say the computer techs investigating didn't put some incriminating evidence on your computer, and change the timestamp? I know if I ever had the urge to do something illegal online, I would be doing some wardriving, not using my own internet connection lmao.

This is more reason why their plan will fail.

The best they could do is possibly configure a system that requires either electronic fingerprint or retina scans to log on to the net, and the same to log on to any website or online interactive services.... A software system also that can monitor any inbound and outbound communications on that computer, including scanning packets of data, when it reports anything suspicious the connection is terminated and the USER must again log in to confirm identity.

Even then there will be ways around it.

The feds are dreaming up a fantasy internet that they can neither create or implement.

But it will be entertaining to to observe their attempts and failures.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Lol scary thought. Retna scans needed.... Criminals that needed to gain access to the internet need to find someone living alone and either they cooperate and scan their eye, or they get their eye cut out and scanned anyways!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
Why do we always vote in dictators!

They try and trick us by saying we have an option to vote. That's the only difference in today's dictators and yesteryears dictators. We get to vote our dictators in. We have the privilege of choosing which dictator we want this day and age.

The sad part is that it was never rocket science to know who would be pro-tyranny and who would not be
that's the saddest part

It was always the media not the people who decided who front runners were and people chose within that group

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Going to sound like a nerd here but this is just like the last 21'st century America depicted in Deep Space 9 when three officers traveled in the past to San Francisco.

Everything was "internet." The televisions, the phones, your finances, all government interactions, everything.

And each person had an allotted ration of usage tied to their net ID card.

You could access anything you wanted from any terminal anywhere but you had to do so with your ration card.

Everything was "cloud" served by a handful of agencies and a couple of tech companies like Google and Microsoft so no individual ever really owned any software they all just leased access to it. And the gov agencies and the tech companies had complete censoring capabilities.

I hate it that all the bad totalitarian sci-fi stuff always seems to come true and the good stuff never does.

Here's the episode: en.wikipedia.org...:_Deep_Space_Nine%29

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Honestly, if they implemented crap like that here in canada, I would just choose not to use the internet.

Come on man, you know Harper is an Obama puppet
Someone tells Obama to Jump Obama says how high, Obama then tells Harper to hump and Harper says how high

If this happens in the U.S. it will happen in Canada

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Actually, I think Harper was a Bush puppet.

Now, it's Harper who's pulling Obama's strings for the banksters and corporate masters. ...Whatcha think?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Actually, I think Harper was a Bush puppet.

Now, it's Harper who's pulling Obama's strings for the banksters and corporate masters. ...Whatcha think?

I think Obama = Bush + A Better Public Relations manager

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join