It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA (or NWO)don’t Run the Media!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have noticed this on quite a few threads and posts on ATS the claim that the CIA or some other element of the American inelegance apparatus has paid stooges in the media who publish fabricated stories as part of misinformation campaigns.

This paranoia all gose back to the WWII propaganda campaigns to the 60’s and 70’s when the CIA did indeed have the capability to plant stories in the press knowing that the Soviets would have a read it. The most notable story is the UFO article planted in Time magazine to try to persuade the Soviets that the lights they were seeing over their territory were UFO’s and that there was a genuine UFO threat. The context of these highly unethical actions however has to be taken into account, this was at a time when no one had access to the internet and there where almost no international papers or foreign news channels broadcasting in America. It was easy to plant a story and have no one question it, some journalists could even have been persuaded that they were doing this to defeat the communist threat.

Now it is not possible.

According to recent statistics 77% of Americans have access to the internet and for the period 2000-2010 there has been a 150% increase in the number of people using the internet and this upward trend is expected to continue. In addition to this the advent of satellite TV and increased demand for braking news has lead to a explosion of 24 hour news channels both national and internationally. This dramatic change in the media industry has lead to most people having access to every news paper with the touch of a button and watch almost any major news channels they want such as BBC, France24, Russia Today, Aljazeera and so on in addition to this let’s not forget we have wikileaks.

With all of these massive resources at the average person’s hands it is not longer possible to plant a story in the press. To attempt to do so would be very dangerous, it would only take one investigative journalist to expose the CIA for planting stories in the national press and the CIA would be facing the axe and then there would be shouts for the president to be impeached for manipulating the free press. If the CIA got one story that was a total lie into a American news paper, pretty quickly a foreign news paper or news channel would expose the lie and with the ever increasing globalisation of the press, the conspiracy would be exposed. The risk is just too much.

A much easier way to plant stories in the press is just to tell the journalist lies, let’s face it they are politicians, lying comes with the job. We all know this goes on, including the journalists, take the Iraq war for example, they lied about WMD did and although the press reported what the Politicians were saying they also crucified them for there lies.

If the CIA were really planting stories in the press the first thing they would have done in 2003 is write a totally fabricated report for FoxNews that they had found 12 nuclear warheads in Iraq and they were right along and this would have validated the administration’s foreign policy. They didn’t do this however because this was a lie, 40 years ago perhaps they could have but the media is a massively powerful truth seeking corporate machine and this lie would have been exposed and with it the CIA and presidency would have a massive question mark hanging over it.

Yes I do agree that the media is bias, has political motivations and is prone to exaggeration but this does not mean that the CIA or NWO (which ever you prefer) are secretly controlling the American media it just wouldn’t work.

The media are not part of your NWO or 9/11 conspiracies.

edit on 8-1-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Without using lies, having a good puppet in place can help choose the stories to be aired.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

People generally don't take advantage of the international news sources available on-line. Language doesn't need to be a barrier when there are translators like 'google translate.' Big stories can be read on Arabic, Latin-American, Russian sites etc. That way they can get a few sides of the story. Easy?!

You'll be wasting your time with the guys who think every damned event in the world is a CIA/NWO false flag and that *all* news is lies.

More sense outta children...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It is not the CIA in control it is the Banksters, Bilderbergers, Elite, TPTB or what ever the heck you want to call them.

I have on two separate occasions seen planted stories where I knew the real story first hand.

The first was right after the Kent State Riots. Mom called me frantic about whether I had been hurt in the riots at my Big Ten Univ. It was on all the news channels nation wide with film footage showing the riot. Because I was taking 21 credit hours including lab courses and an art class, I was on campus all day crisscrossing the campus. THERE WAS NO RIOT. None zip, zilch, da nada.

The second was also nation wide coverage that resulted in the near bankrupting of the company I worked for. I have since done a lot of research and found out the owner was a "new guy on the block" who crossed the European royals... TWICE. The whole thing was revenge. One of these days I will post the full story here.

That does not include the orchestrated hysterics about child molestation at daycares that brought us government regulated indoctrination centers. Or the carefully orchestrated hysterics about Food Borne Illnesses that just saddled us with the Food Safety Farce Law. A Law designed to transfer US farmland to the Ag Cartel. 41% of the USA is rich farmland that provides 46% of the world’s soybeans, 41% of the world’s corn, 20.5% of the world’s cotton and 13% of the world’s wheat.

CONTROL of the MEDIA

U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917: J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media. www.mindfully.org...

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership:

...by the end of 2006, there are only 8 giant media companies dominating the US media PDF formatted document, from which most people get their news and information:

* Disney (market value: $72.8 billion)
* AOL-Time Warner (market value: $90.7 billion)
* Viacom (market value: $53.9 billion)
* General Electric (owner of NBC, market value: $390.6 billion)
* News Corporation (market value: $56.7 billion)
* Yahoo! (market value: $40.1 billion)
* Microsoft (market value: $306.8 billion)
* Google (market value: $154.6 billion)

Yahoo!, Microsoft, and Google are newer media companies compared to the other “traditional” 5 players.
Most of these companies are in the global elite of media companies, too.

At the end of the 1990s, there were 9 corporations (mainly US) that dominated the media world:

* AOL-Time Warner
* Disney
* Bertelsmann
* Viacom
* News Corporation
* TCI
* General Electric (owner of NBC)
* Sony (owner of Columbia and TriStar Pictures and major recording interests), and
* Seagram (owner of Universal film and music interests).

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's ideological control. There is no evil NWO man calling the shots at every TV station and newspaper. But there is an ideology and plot:

Representative Oscar Callaway reports to Congress in 1917, which involved JP Morgan hiring twelve high ranking News managers. The twelve were asked to "... determine the most influential newspapers in America." They were to figure out how many news organization it would take ... to control generally the policy of the daily press of the United States." The twelve found that it was only necessary to "... purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers." "An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, and an editor was placed at each paper to insure that all published information was in keeping with the new policy." Soon that policy would be defined by a front group formed by JP Morgan and his colleagues (Warburg and Rockefeller). Morgan’s personal attorney was the founding President of the organization. The organization was known as the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My friend,

reply to post by crimvelvet

Great post

And in addition to what you presented > Who Controls The Media

Im in complete agreement, its the CFR etc that are behind the scenes of this " Manipulation Madness "!!

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by againuntodust

Never a true'r word spoken

I hadn't seen this footage before so many thanks for presenting it

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Then there are just those times when the news is being made but for some reason the mainstream press takes a different angle on it.

C-SPAN can be boring and tedious to watch but I used to watch it all the time when I lived in the US. During the Iran/Contra hearings when Noriega was on the stand he turned from being an asset to a nuisance in seconds flat. He was being frank and honest with his answers when he told how he helped Ollie North do a drug deal to buy the missiles that were sold to Iran so the funds could be used to support the contras in Nicaragua. The truth really hurt but not for long.

By the 6 o'clock news the spin was that admitted drug dealer Noriega tried to implicate Eagle Scout Ollie North in his evil doings. There was not much left to do than declare North a national hero and put former asset Noriega on the enemy list. You all know what followed with it culminating in US agents blasting the church with loud rock and roll music where Noriega was taking asylum until her surrendered, then deposing him as leader of Panama.

It really was all quite a circus. Glad I was watching C-SPAN that day at that moment. The news is out there but people believe what they are told to believe. It was necessary to make North a hero just to give the story credibility as it played out.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
not saying the media is totally controlled that would be too hard, but your looking at it from a false planting view, when...

some one can just commit the act in a certain way as to look like anyone really, then a witness believes whatever they are seeing to be true and no need to plant any story CREATE the events let the news run what they want, add to that the overall surpression of anything contrary to popular opinion, like dominoes you can set up the pieces know which way it will fall most of the time and just set it into motion, add another layer of compartmentalization, and and who knows

I would be more surprised to find out they didn't

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh Cool! A new game of semantics and dialectics.

I'll take groupthink for $500 Alex.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Planting stories is not the only way to run the media, although I'm sure the tactic is still used even with Internet access. Many people, even those conspiracy theorists who think themselves brilliant, are too lazy, uneducated, or careless to consider checking citations. The whole thing is a pyramid and whoever is at the top (in the case of our society, whoever has the most money) gets to tell everyone else what to say.

The illusion of us having no power or no voice is perpetuated by the mindset that there is nobody there to put in place the illusion.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The gov't. has ALWAYS tried to manipulate and control the media. Check out the 2005 movie by George Clooney called "Good Night and Good Luck". It portrays the conflict between Edward R. Murrow and U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy ; focusing on the theme of media responsibility , and also addresses what occurs when the media offers a voice of dissent against the gov't. This was a VERY public feud which I believe led to the PTB's decision to just plain "buy them out",( in one way or another). Personally, I have many questions about 9/11 that I could put to the media, but what would be the point, if they didn't have the testicular fortitude to ask those questions themselves?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, according to this site: Six Jewish Companies Own 96% of the Media.

So it's not the CIA or anything US related.

It's a group of Jewish families who own/control the media.
Who do you think the richest families in the world are?
Rothschilds?
What families are in the CFR?

Anyone else see the corroboration here?

My post is not in any shape or form racist.
It's real.
The bloodlines that run the media across the world are the same bloodlines that control your money.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What do you base your assumption on? The media is in the hands of a very few people, doesnt rupert murdock own most of the American media? Dont the rothschild own reuters?

Its the same reasoning 911 deniers use. It cant be kept hidden, therefore it wasnt an inside job. Well we all know now they did not manage to keep it hidden.

Television is still a very powerfull tool. Even in this day and age, a story needs to be verified through the television media for people to take it seriously, else "its just the internet". That might change down the road. Bottom line is, only because the internet is a counterpole to total information control, does not mean they did throw in the towel yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Oh Cool! A new game of semantics and dialectics.

I'll take groupthink for $500 Alex.

Seriously though. Control of the media and the money are the two most important failsafes needed to rule a people by consensus. With these two, you can steer everything else in the direction you want it to go.

With these. You have the luxury of creating reality for the masses. (See "Groupthink" and "Consensus Reality" on Wiki)
Whoever and whatever can't be purchased, can be swayed or publicly humiliated.
You get to create and own all sides of a debate or argument. (Dialectics)
You get to program the minds of the young, and reinforce the programming of the old. They don't call your favorite shows "programming" for nothing.
The list goes on and on.

In short. The media is too important not to own and control.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 8-1-2011 by Klassified because: Correction

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It's funny that you say they don't run the media, yet in your second paragraph say

"This paranoia all gose back to the WWII propaganda campaigns to the 60’s and 70’s when the CIA did indeed have the capability to plant stories in the press knowing that the Soviets would have a read it." Acknowledging the fact that they did.

I agree with you to an extent OP. The CIA doesn't DIRECTLY control what news stories are printed, they more so just guide them.

Your example of:

"If the CIA were really planting stories in the press the first thing they would have done in 2003 is write a totally fabricated report for FoxNews that they had found 12 nuclear warheads in Iraq and they were right along and this would have validated the administration’s foreign policy".

Well, 12 nuclear warheads is a hard lie to sell, and you can't sell hard lies. Instead they chose to go with the WMD lie, and people bought it hook, line, and sinker.

I wish I could talk more about this but alas my girlfriend wants to go on a walk. Maybe we can U2U in the future because I truly do enjoy your posts.

edit on 8-1-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here is a list of exactly who controls the media and how the directors interlock with other corporations www.fair.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

It is not the CIA in control it is the Banksters, Bilderbergers, Elite, TPTB or what ever the heck you want to call them.

you are correct

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The US government has spent billions...did I say BILLIONS? I believe I did. But in case you didn't get that, I'll repeat...the US government has spent BILLIONS OF DOLLARS on studies to find out exactly WHAT MAKES YOU TICK. They have spent BILLIONS OF DOLLARS studying the art of control. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. It's nothing to them.
If you were being mind-controlled, do you think you would know it?

Control the media, control the masses-Marshall McKluhan.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Not all mediums , mainly BIG mediums.Maybe the elite is not running the media completely but is highly visible their involvement in big events or crucial news with twisting the news.
You are wrong here 1000% , i will suggest you to watch "Outfoxed" direct from journalists mouth.
Or the "War you don't see " .

top topics

join