It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometric Scans Reaches India : And You Could Be Next.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Like I said, castes create divisions.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
An ideal way to track terrorists... and then homegrown terrorists.... then street thugs, murderers and conmen... then me and you. Although now I think about it, with this type of system the hardest part is implementation. So why not sell it to one of the largest countries in the world and learn from their mistakes as they try to make it

Thanks for posting, all the developing and third world nations are there for just experimentation, in US and UK at least people have shown some resistance against it, but in India people are still sleeping.
edit on 11/1/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

Then why can't people leave the caste system voluntarily? Why must the upper caste beat them up or kill them because they no longer want to participate in the religion which discriminates against them? They're like a slave class, who upper castes think they are masters of. "Oh, some missionaries use dubious means of making them convert, so I should kill them or force them back into the religion." Does this really make sense? If you really cared about their welfare you wouldn't kill them. This is just an excuse to kill people who don't have the same religion you do.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Then why can't people leave the caste system voluntarily? Why must the upper caste beat them up or kill them because they no longer want to participate in the religion which discriminates against them?

Caste system is only prevalent in remote rural areas and not in the four metro cities i.e. Delhi, mumbai, kolkata, chennai. Getting out of that caste system would mean immediate denunciation, and everything they ever had including their homes would be taken away from them. And also their is a sense of greed and ego associated with upper caste people, so they want to keep the lower caste people where they are. Even in islam followers in india and south asia have caste system.

Muslims in India are sharply divided into two categories, Ashrafs and non-Ashrafs. The former have a superior status derived from their foreign ancestry. The Ashrafs, or those who claim a foreign descent, are further divided into four castes, Sayyads, Shiekhs, Mughals and Pathans, in that order of rank. The non-Ashrafs are alleged to be converts from Hinduism, and are therefore drawn from the indigenous population. They, in turn, are divided into a number of occupational castes.

Link.

All religions are simply their to cause conflicts among people, better wake up and denounce all religions.
As i said earlier caste system came from religions and all religions came from....maybe evil globalists, elites, aliens, controllers.....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

You were telling me how pure India was before the colonists came and I point out the caste system. But that's besides the point.

I'm sorry you think all religions are made up. One day the whole world will know that's not true. Or do you truly? In another thread you said we were all genderless because scriptures said so. So if religions are all false, why are you then believing in any scriptures?
edit on 13-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by vinay86

I'm sorry you think all religions are made up. One day the whole world will know that's not true. Or do you truly? In another thread you said we were all genderless because scriptures said so. So if religions are all false, why are you then believing in any scriptures?
edit on 13-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

The scriptures that i have talked about there were not religious in any way, they were the written accounts of my ancestors handed over from one generation to another and nowhere in those scriptures was mentioned anything about worshiping any gods or deities which religions preaches us today. And i will quote it here:

Soul is immortal, non-localised, and not in the realm of space-time and it cannot be burned, shattered, divided thats what i have learnt from my ancient hindu scriptures, which does not tell me to worship any god but makes one realize that they themselves are gods.

And there are accounts of androgynous beings in greek, chinese, african indigenous mythologies.
I dont know how much credible you see credo mutwa as but his claims about humans being androgynous in this thread seems as truth to me:
Credo mutwa says humans were androgynous.

I have nothing against your beliefs in Christianity, and i have no intention to hurt your feelings about it in anyway.
My religion is hinduism and i have openly talked about the strange things that i found in it in this thread:

Ramayana the Hindu Epic : Proof of Extraterrestrials and Original Earth Race.,

I would like to further discuss your personal spiritual experiences on that thread.

edit on 13/1/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Then why can't people leave the caste system voluntarily? Why must the upper caste beat them up or kill them because they no longer want to participate in the religion which discriminates against them? They're like a slave class, who upper castes think they are masters of. "Oh, some missionaries use dubious means of making them convert, so I should kill them or force them back into the religion." Does this really make sense? If you really cared about their welfare you wouldn't kill them. This is just an excuse to kill people who don't have the same religion you do.

Listen, its not like you are born and you are automatically assigned a caste. Your caste is judged by what you do professionally or who you are religiously, and I believe there are more factors for different castes. From that, you can see that any person has the potential to change their caste. Upper caste abuse of the lower castes are rare, but that is just like the bourgeois beating or cursing the proletariat for not being "better". Its not like a common sport for the brahmins or anything. From my own experience being considered part of a 'brahmin' family and maintaining relations with many other 'brahmin' and 'vastriya' families, I can assure you that we appreciate very much the 'shudras', and that we never consider the caste system when we deal with others. Humans are humans, friends are friends, employees are employees, and employers are employers. Any intelligent Indian that still (surprisingly) believes that the caste system is necessary to discern certain parts of society for whatever reason they can think of, at the very least understands that such a system is not a divisive, conflict brewing construct unless the individual in a certain class either feels either egotistical and self-righteous or cynical and despondent (which are personal characteristics, not caste characteristics), and that all four groups of peoples rely upon each other in order for society to function. It is obvious though, that the caste system is not as much a part of Indian society today as you seem to believe-it does not determine how people interact with one another. The only people that will refer to the caste system are government officials strictly for identifying demographics in the nation, moronic nationalists such as the Shiv Sena, or pessimists.

Im not sure what you mean with the missionary statement. Are you talking about certain dalits attacking Christian missionaries because they are converting people? And? People hate people because they believe in something else. This is nothing new. This is something that is not reserved to India, nor is it something that has developed out of the caste system or Hinduism, nor is it widely practiced and considered acceptable. Once again, the reasons why this occurs is because a person is either egotistical and self-righteous or cynical and despondent. These four qualities, and many others, are the real cause of violence and hatred, and are the real elements that cause division in Indian, as well as world, society- not castes.

Also, Hinduism (and this is a very brief way to summarize the Gita and Upanishads) discriminates against the mental and behavioral quality (the gunas) of the individual, not the profession nor the class. Any other implication of discrimination is of prejudiced creation by some human other than the one(s) that wrote the vedas.
edit on 13-1-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hinduvta will be a real threat in the future.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Hindutva ideology is a an extreme nationalist ideology that is grounded on the religion of Hinduism. Hindutvas may wave the flag of Hinduism, but they obviously know nothing about the thread and dyes used to create the flag or the meaning of symbols embossed in it, nor the processes of sewing and weaving. In other words, they are superficial Hindus that only know they must pray to Hanuman and Rama whenever they want anything, and they essentially know nothing of what it means to be a Hindu. Hindutva is a political ideology, so obviously when you mix religion with politics you have problems. Like I said they are also nationalists, something equivalent to Nazi's in theory. Any real Hindu knows that Hinduism is less about the Gods and more about the morals and lessons learned from the Vedas. That being so, Hindutvas are not the same as religious Hindus, which most of the nation is. Hindutva ideology is no more of a threat than radical Islamists or white supremacists. Stupidity is never a real threat. Ignorance however...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join