It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up to the sound of birds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What do you think of this, when you start hearing the chirping of birds early morning, from your bedroom window (if you sleep near one), that is a good time to wake up and start our day. It is natural for birds to wake up at dawn break everyday. Earlier when I used to sleep in a room from where I could hear the sound of birds every morning, I used to wake up at same time. I never needed to set an alarm. It was quite nice and refreshing I think. But now, in a different room I don't do the same and it has got me thinking about it...
Do you think working in accordance to the nature and the universe, not only can be good for mind and body but it's a rather sustainable way of living...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Yeah-Alright

Thats the number one killer I feel, is not working according to natural time. Nowadays we are so mentally screwed by this false illusion of time its cause extra stress. I felt I was the healthiest during the summer months when school was out when I was a kid. Every morning I can remember birds waking me up.. Me jumping out of bed and heading outside to find some mischief. Now the alarm clock is my bird....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeah-Alright
Do you think working in accordance to the nature and the universe, not only can be good for mind and body but it's a rather sustainable way of living...

Well, of course, working in accordance to nature is a sustainable way of living. We are all connected as we are all a part of the universe. Now, as far as using birds as an alarm clock... I wonder what makes the birds start chirping, what's their alarm clock?

By the way, I'd love to be able to sleep until dawn
... I have to get up at 4:00 am every morning. So, yes, I think it would do me very good to be woken by birds chirping at dawn!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It seems that this week all we have heard is the sound of birds hitting the ground.

2nd

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Don't you think that's a bit old hat?
These days one can wake to the thud, thud, thud of our squishy little feathered friends slapping into the pavement.

By the way, have you ever woken to the hooting mockery of merrily cackling kookaburras?

Or the raucous chatter of a gang of galahs planning to mass poop you when you venture outside to pick up your newspaper?

Or the foul epitaphs of a cahootery of once-tame cockatoos?

Or a lyrebird alternating between imitations of a chainsaw, and imitations of a running video camera, outside your bedroom window?

Or when you wake especially depressed, the funereal dirge of the mourner birds, dismally intoning, "no hope, no hope, no hope . . . "

Give me the splat, splat, splat of our feathered friends exchanging flying for falling, any day.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Wake up at 530 am during the summer and sleep entirely through the winter. I love it.

I prefer to sleep until I wake up. Seems more natural to let my body tell me when it has had enough rest; not some birds who decide they love my window sill for the morning sun exposure.
edit on 1/8/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
By the way, I'd love to be able to sleep until dawn
... I have to get up at 4:00 am every morning. So, yes, I think it would do me very good to be woken by birds chirping at dawn!

It must be so difficult waking up at 4am! Good thing is at least you get to witness the beauty of dawn, early morning mist & those dew drops, unlike people who wake up late... I have developed a bad habit of waking up late these days, which I am gonna change.

Originally posted by Kailassa
By the way, have you ever woken to the hooting mockery of merrily cackling kookaburras?
Or the raucous chatter of a gang of galahs planning to mass poop you when you venture outside to pick up your newspaper?
Or the foul epitaphs of a cahootery of once-tame cockatoos?
Or a lyrebird alternating between imitations of a chainsaw, and imitations of a running video camera, outside your bedroom window?
Or when you wake especially depressed, the funereal dirge of the mourner birds, dismally intoning, "no hope, no hope, no hope . . . "

It took me time to understand ur post. I can remember of sparrows, parrots, seagulls and few others...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Yeah-Alright

Yeah, to keep in-tune with the natural flow of the seasons, those in the northern hemisphere should be hibernating until March. We should have had the semi-hibernation of early winter before our mid winter blow out and now instead of going to sleep, we go back to the daily grind. Many get up in the dark and give all their daylight hours in toil. Not at all healthy!

When the seasons turn again, try going to bed just as light dawns and let the birds sing you to sleep!

Listen out also for the blackbird singing in the dead of night and perhaps the most easily overlooked, avian evensong when the birds herald the dying of the sun.

edit on 8/1/2011 by teapot because: edit

new topics

top topics

join