It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Solar Eclipse Seen From Space: (short but Awesome vid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The Earth-orbiting satellite Hinode caught this stunning video of the annular solar eclipse Jan. 4.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7291d461f8d1.jpg[/atsimg]

An annular eclipse occurs when the moon is slightly farther from Earth than usual and appears slightly smaller. When it moves between the Earth and sun, it covers the center of the sun, leaving a bright, fiery ring, or annulus, at the edge. Hinode, a Japanese mission, studies the sun’s magnetic fields and surface eruptions. The satellite carries three NASA-developed telescopes that capture different types of light:

Source: www.wired.com...
bcove.me...

What do you say? Amazing. Amazing that we, as humans, were there to document this event.

More and more each week. Keep it coming. I find it fascinating.

I wish I could have unfettered access to all the stuff, raw fottage, that the scientist have.

I could sit around all day looking at this stuff.

Like I said, short but Good. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It looks fake to me, the sun is like a picture in the back ground... Or is this just an illustration?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

well, according to the article, it's real.

The credits indicate NASA.

Take a look

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Great video, thanks for pointing it out!

reply to post by StarBoy

It's real, I think the reason it looks like that is because it is actually a bunch of images taken and put together to show the movement of the moon.

Here it is on the Nasa website:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anodyne

I think some people's presception of things gets "altered" from to much fake stuff that when the real stuff is presented, they don't believe it.

Thanks for your input.

Glad you liked.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anodyne

If pictures would of been put together then they would of been different all the time, or does the sun surface looks the same all the time? Nah.

It should of looked something like this (the movement)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is ridiculous.I could say the same thing: I think some people's perception of things gets "altered" from to much "real" stuff that when the fake stuff is presented, they believe it.

Seriously just look at the video, i could make you the same video in less than an hour. All you need is an image of the sun and then just crop the sun evenly all the time so it looks like an eclipse. Get real and dont believe everything they throw at you. This is really a stupid fake nonetheless.

top topics

join