It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of the Russian baby swinging video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It's fake.

You can tell from the body and texture of the baby it is cgi.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
LOL(i rarely go all caps but its warrented here)
OMG FUNNYST VIDEO ON INTERNET IVE SEEN IN WHILE HAHA
especially in the (lol) where she walks haha the baby along hehe

What is wrong with you?

Funny?

Sick people make me sick.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Those crazy Russians.. I would rather be swung around for 5 minutes than do this:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Again its not fake, these are real babies, real mothers swinging their real babies. I could post a few more links but some contain partial nudity(breasts) and I think I would get flagged the wrong way for that. There is also water swinging, or dunking rather. A little bit more disturbing

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Oh gawd, watching this actually made me feel really ill!
I can't say if it's real or not, but damn I really hope it's fake! That looked absolutely disgusting!

I was watching this with my hands in front of my eyes, peeking through, waiting for a limb to fall off!

If it's real, this exercise should be banned - a mistake could very easily happen, what if she accidently lost her grip?!

I really hope this is a fake.

Although like another poster said, something doesn't quite look right at the beginning when the baby is walking.
So, I prefer to call a hoax here, and hope I am right!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
That is a bad case of trying to teach your child to walk before it can even crawl

fake or not ....if I saw someone swinging a cat... let alone a human child in such a way ...

I would have to have a few words with them.....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
People it's real...Do some research and google it. They have been doing this for many years. They are very much into yoga and have incorporated that with their babies. I think it is funny that everyone wants to assume it is fake because we think it is so shocking. I dont care for it myself but it is what it is. They are Russian hippies, what else do you expect? Here I'll give you a hint

Garyuchka
edit on 8-1-2011 by Moose318 because: Additional comment

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
how could anyone not see that this is not real?

if you have ever had or held a baby, you would know that the size of the head vs the strength of the neck creates some issues with holding the head level and straight. Kids heads roll around a lot. In this video, the kids head doesn't really move. It is as if that big, huge, bulbous head was completely uneffected by gravity and inertia.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
People it's real...Do some research and google it. They have been doing this for many years. They are very much into yoga and have incorporated that with their babies. I think it is funny that everyone wants to assume it is fake because we think it is so shocking. I dont care for it myself but it is what it is. They are Russian hippies, what else do you expect? Here I'll give you a hint

Garyuchka
edit on 8-1-2011 by Moose318 because: Additional comment

Then i would say the burden of proof is in your lap. What do i "Google"? "Lady swings baby around"? I will end up getting news stories from a Georgia trailer park. Instead, could you provide some evidence to back your claim that this is real?

Otherwise, the physics seen in that video do not match reality. It matches CGI.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Try this video. It's a compilation and shows that it is very real.

gawker.com...

I think we find it shocking because most of us take very careful care of our babies. They are rougher with their offspring than most monkeys and apes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Perfectly normal.

People have just forgotten what the norm is nowadays...

Besides isn't this what Doctors all over the world do when a baby (human & animal) is born not breathing? They pick it up from the leg and shake it around to get the blood circulating?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
what all you, parents, fail to understand, is that she does less harm to her kid with that than you did to your kids with words only.

live long and prosper, and let others do the same thing.
edit on 8-1-2011 by jedi_hamster because: i don't need a reason.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I know someone who had the police called on them
for yelling at their kid,then you see this...
crazy world we live in for sure.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Absolute nonsense. That is not what DOCTORS do to induce breathing. For a start, doctors have access to complicated medical machinery which can induce breathing a hell of a lot better than shaking a kid around by its floppy easy to damage limbs. The furthest they go down the route of physical manipulation of the body route when a baby stops breathing, is a modified version of standard CPR . Obviously with an infant you have to use far less force when performing chest compressions. Usualy this is achieved by using the tips of two fingers to push on the chest, rather than the heels of both palms.
At no point do doctors EVER shake babies or very young children.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The only thing that I can say on these videos is that the baby, real or not, is not in distress.

If the baby is real and the "twirling" was hurting the baby, then the baby would be letting the viewers know about it.

It would be crying and struggling ... for all that it could.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oh shucks...looks like youtube has taken the vid down due to its content or whatever it said.

Geez

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am of Eastern European decent and I can say, yes, it is pretty common to do things similar to this although I never witnessed anything so extreme. Tossing up in the air and catching was common for some reason and babies usually love it. Holding by one arm and swinging? - Never!

I am calling fake on this one. The "baby" looks like its made of rubber. If it was real every arm and leg would be out of its socket for sure. It would be having aneurisms from blood pressure in the brain after swinging.

Yes, the parent moves to reduce impact with soft, flowing motions, in the real case. This woman might have been practicing or doing this for her own exercise.

The really sad thing is that more than one idiot watching this is going to try this for real with their own child -- God forbid!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
It is as if that big, huge, bulbous head was completely uneffected by gravity and inertia.
I don't know if it's real or not but I do see the head being affected by gravity and inertia.

If it's a fake they got that part right. It may not be a fake, but if it's fake it's a very good one.

Edit to add:

Look at the head at 1:55 in the video in the next post, the head is completely tilted back by gravity! How can you say it's unaffected?
edit on 8-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: added comment

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk
Oh shucks...looks like youtube has taken the vid down due to its content or whatever it said.

Geez
This one is still up

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, I didn't see the head move much at all. I didn't even see genitalia. The baby was naked, it should have been there.

<< 1    3 >>

join