It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of the Russian baby swinging video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The mystery of the Russian baby swinging video

www.salon.com

Oh my God, that cannot be real. Can it? But what if it is? Better watch it again. Oh my God.

When a clip called "Baby Yoga With Lena Fokina" featuring a lithe Russian blonde vigorously swinging around a tiny infant for an excruciating five and a half minutes surfaced earlier this week, the Internet promptly went agog. Suddenly the smoking toddler thing doesn't seem so bad, now, does it?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Not really sure what to think of this, but it appears to be causing quite a bit of controversy.

The gal is supposedly 'exersizing' with the baby by flinging it all over the place like a rag doll.

I will let the viewer take a gander at the video and come to their own conclusions: Real, or fake? Possible CGI, fake doll, or is this some sort of actual practice that people in certain areas of the world do?

And if so, how dangerous IS something like this to an infant? I know of such things as "nurse maid's elbow, where it is quite easy to pull a kids elbow out of the socket by swinging them around by the arm, so I was cringing while watching some of this. Not to mention this kid's BRAIN being jarred around if this is real.

It has gone VIRAL after airing, and people seem to be deeply divided on the authenticity, as well as the safety vs. danger aspects...

Watch and weigh in folks:

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride isn't going to do it for this kid.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That's odd..
The video never cuts away and at the start and near the end you do see the baby move..
If fake It's very well done..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The video never cuts away....... but the baby seems unreal when she is thrashing it about. Very weird.

My real question is where in Russia was this video taken??? I have never seen a Russian women dressed in such casual clothes in my life!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I really love those Russian fitness hippies (and for once not one with dark hair^^)
Either she knows exactly what shes doing and how to do it not to cause any dislocating twists on the joints, or she is completely irresponsible. The g-forces mentioned by an earlier commenter are not an issue at those moves. I agree we are as a society being totally overprotective and telling others what to do or not to do, but if that was any of the mothers i personally know i would be horrified.

I am not an expert enough to say if this is beneficial baby gymnastics or not, but it sure looked dangerous (dangerous things usually are)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Maybe this is why the Russians are so damn tough!!

Ever seen Fedor Emilianenko? The guy is as tough as nails...

Crazy video, I would say hoax though. The way she has the baby moving some joints would have to become dislocated. That is just too much strain on a babies body. Unless of course, they start as young as possible and almost condition the body to go through this.

But geez, that's a lot of thrashing around. She seems very graceful and not too many hard jerks on the baby.

I don't know, I'm more confused now then when I started writing.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's gymnastics training, people. Not yoga or child abuse.

When Russians say they were training for gymnastics since before they could walk, they're serious.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Not that bad when you look at how other primates handle their young.

link   
broken mouse double clicks

edit on 8-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm gonna call fake. Something about the way it moves at the start of the video just doesn't seem right. And also (and this a little bit of assumption here) don't babies of that age/size need to have their heads supported when they're being cradled? If thats true, I'd estimate that its head would be too heavy to do most of the things seen without severe spinal damage.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
different cultures/regions train children at different ages, like here in america they make diapers for 2 year olds but all around the world kids are potty trained by 6 months

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Maybe this is why the Russians are so damn tough!!

Holy tilt-a-whirl Batman! I was thinking the same thing.

Gawd I hope this is a hoax.

If not? I hate to even think of what the rest of this kids life is going to be like...

peace

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I believe this is genuine. I would never do this with my child but the woman in this video seems to be very careful and deliberate in her movement and hand position on the baby. Not sure what I think of it exactly as this video gave me a slight brain-fart.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I am not sure myself if its real or not. Found another video that seems to imply its real:

gawker.com... - NSW - Contains Boobs in some clips.

Looking at the Op posted video I am inclined to say its real. Blood pools in the babies head as its swung around and watch the feet reflex as its dropped down.

Open verdict on this but leaning towards the 'Genuine' root at the moment

edit on 8-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
you wanna see an ef'd up video with a baby, youtube bowling ball juggling, it should be the first video. id link it but i cant get on youtube on the network im on.

could someone post a screenshot of the baby swinging, cant watch video

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

I'm not 110 percent sure you're wrong about children being potty trained in most parts of the world by 6 months old but I would love to see some kind of proof of that right there....I mean really? Think about that for a moment...A 6 month old baby can't walk and at best can let you know they are hungry by crying. How would a 6 month old baby do such a thing like go to the bathroom on their own? (And all that is not an attack...it is an honest question...I just seem to think you might be exaggerating a bit there....had you said a year....Well I might have believed that but until I see proof....)

Now on topic...Had I watched this video 5 years ago I might have called fake immediately but I am apprehensive about doing so at this point in my life considering a guy that has been a friend of mine for about 2 years does pretty much this same thing with his child all the time and his child (she) loves it! Never seems to hurt her and if anything it makes her more flexible than most kids that age. I have never seen any injuries on her either....so I am inclined to think it doesn't hurt her. Heck, sometimes he will get tired doing it and she will start crying and trying to get him to do it some more.
It really is funny to watch now (though when I first saw him do it I was terrified to watch because I was more or less afraid he was going to drop her in the process)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
LOL(i rarely go all caps but its warrented here)
OMG FUNNYST VIDEO ON INTERNET IVE SEEN IN WHILE HAHA
especially in the (lol) where she walks haha the baby along hehe

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I believe this is a genuine video..the baby looks very real and its dont seem to mind what mom is doing to it i see no crying or limbs jerking ..Looks like the mom has been doing this since the baby was born,,not saying its right i would never do that to a child id be afraid of dislocteing a arm or leg or droping the poor child..but i dont think this vid and the baby are fake either

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
There are alot more videos that this....And yes they are real. The mother is being somewhat careful, but never the less, I believe this worries most people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join