It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's purchase of anti-missile system to counteract China's DF missiles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

India's purchase of anti-missile system to counteract China's DF missiles?

www.peopleforum.cn

India, the regular customer in the world arms market, now plans to spend three billion US dollars to buy anti-missile systems.

According to reports from US media, the Pentagon's report on the Peoples' Liberation Army (PLA) deploys DF-21 medium-range ballistic missiles in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. Therefore, India holds the opinion that the slow development of its home-made anti-missile systems cannot fulfill strategic needs and it thus seeks to purchase the most advantaged anti-missile system
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Actually it is obvious that India's anti-missile system is prepared fr China's missiles, you know tension occurs on the issue of territorial disputes on their borders.India has deployed large army and forces there to prepare for something, but at the same time China plays a low profile on this dispute although they have DF missiles....I am afraid of the start of arms race over the related countries......

www.peopleforum.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ackeiyword

S & F

The games afoot.
This is only the tip of the iceberg. Buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy ride in this century of the upcoming multi-polar world.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ackeiyword

This is quite disturbing news. Especially when you've read about Chinese soldiers infiltrating Indian territory around Kashmir and harassing civilians:

Chinese troops cross into Indian territory

Scary times. Which side would Russia pick to side with if there is ever a Sino-Indian war? My money is Russia will side with India. Russian and India have a number of joint military projects, especially the new Alfa II class attack submarine. If that's the case, would US side with China since their economies are so intertwined?

Man, I wish I was working for a think tank. It'd be interesting to think of game theories for these type of scenarios.

top topics

join