It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes YOU and ME different?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Why do we (conspiracy theorists/truth seekers) not accept what is given to us?
Why do we challenge everything regardless of people thinking we are crazy?

There has to be something that made us able to slip through the cracks of control, they use chemicals, lies, mindcontrol, subliminal messages, and whatever else they can to deceive us, yet it didnt work on us.

Genetics?
Parenting?
Substance use?
Spirituallity?

What do you all think?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I think it has to do with genetics. My father and grandfather were always ones to question everything. So I attribute my curiosity with them, although some will disagree with the answer.

Good topic man...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
Why do we (conspiracy theorists/truth seekers) not accept what is given to us?
Why do we challenge everything regardless of people thinking we are crazy?

There has to be something that made us able to slip through the cracks of control, they use chemicals, lies, mindcontrol, subliminal messages, and whatever else they can to deceive us, yet it didnt work on us.

Genetics?
Parenting?
Substance use?
Spirituallity?

What do you all think?

It depends. Sometimes its intelligence, being able to realize that people are being lied to. Sometimes its paranoia, making people make connections that arent there.

I dont think there are any other common factors....if you realize that the rabbit hole is there, its about how deep enough you think you cam go down it before you get lost and go into other rabbitholes that lead nowhere......

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

even if that isnt genetics you probably grew up learning to question what you were told.
when i have kids, i dont want them to join the flock

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't think it is genetic. I do think that if you were encouraged as a child to ask questions that has a lot to do with it. Having an open mind is a must too, I believe. If your parents encouraged your curiosity and took the time toteach you that there was more to everthing than what meets the eye, then we feel more comfortable digging into different things.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Genetics?
Can't be my Father was a pretty staunch Navy man who believes everything the MSM tells him his mind is like a steel trap. Mum never questioned anything.

Parenting?
I was always taught to do as i was told and to keep my opinions to myself. nice try folks :-)

Substance use?
Although it is a real eye opener my thirst for knowledge and my ability to challenge my peers was strong inside me from a very young age well before i ever tried any substance.

Spirituallity?
This is something that i am only starting to feel / get in touch with now.

Maybe its a gift or maybe it is a choice we made sometime in our lives. To this very day i can remember the first time it really struck me. I was in my very first year of school at a public school mind you and we had religious study's once a week. I remember asking the teacher a question about something she read to us from the bible, she could not answer she became uncomfortable then finally came back with the word faith. I asked what is faith, she said "it is believing in god it is trust" like santa clause and the easter bunny I said. from that day forward i have always questioned authority.

I guess we are just gifted maybe slightly more evolved (nature always comes up with a new trick to get past a challenge).

Or maybe we are wrong.

tlasalt.

PS. I in no way wish to down play peoples belief in god or the bible after all i could be wrong about that to.

edit on 8/1/2011 by tlasalt because: edit

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I not sure exactly though for me I had a deep feeling something was off, I remember thinking if kids all around the world are lied to about holidays maybe we are being lied to still. I have always sought to teach myself rather than rely on others.So me waking up to the NWO was never caused by anyone telling me anything.I just stumbled upon it and kept seeking.I was never into following others lead.Even now I feel the choices I make can have a big effect.Even though I am awake to the NWO and some of its Ancient history I still feel there is something else.
edit on 8-1-2011 by SimpleKnowledge because: none

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My first real exposure to authority was school, I naturally rejected the control for controls sake, the Pavlovian conditioning and the breaking of the spirit. This is where the sheeple are truly mass produced.
After that, thank God for punk rock!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It comes to me naturally....don't know how to explain this but I've started to question everything from very young ages....when my peer hang out at the playground, I prefer stay home reading weekly scientific magazine (one that has article about new discovery or this and that, pyramid, UFO, new invention, future speculation, ...etc)
(put my tin-foil hat on)
So I'd like to think that "upper management" decide the old world is ending and they need people like us to lead the new age.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
cool thread.

i went to waldorf school til grade 4.

i think that definitely aided in me straying from the traditional path later in life.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
i always felt like everyones view of the world was off, never had any idea how tho. till recently it all started when my friend showed me videos about jay z being a freemason (whether that is true or not) and i dove right into the rabbit hole to see what i could find. Turns out theres not very many people in the hole cuz people think im;
A) Crazy
B) Unpatriotic
C) An idiot
D) (This one is my favorite) Easily persuaded into believing conspiracies

For the most part trying to teach a conspiracy on someone is like trying to teach religion, if they dont WANT to learn, your efforts are futile.

But no matter y i study conspiracies, i just have some feeling deep down that im being deceived and so is everyone else, and that i cant just sit and watch it all happen.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You and I are no different. Whoever can control the mind can create the same monsters you see within yourselves.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

i know i'm different, idk how but i just know, i got a feeling

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
reply to post by pikypiky

i know i'm different, idk how but i just know, i got a feeling

I have the same feeling, in fact when i try to focus on it my spine tingles my heart races and the energy within me boils, i just know there is more to me some day i will learn to sustain the energy and maybe control it.

tlasalt.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I think there are two types of conspiracy theorists, the ones who are naturally sceptics like to research topics and have quite moderate and balanced conspiracy believes. The second group will believe just about anything you tell them so long as it fits into their conspiracy filled world views about the NWO, UFO’s, 9/11, FEMA and other such spectacular theories and this is for two reasons.

All people who have a rabid believe in everything conspiracy have some form of mental illness (I saw an interesting documentary about this one) basically have a higher inclination to buy into paranoid believes and seek deeper meaning to everything. The second reason I think is religion, I think allot of the rhetoric some more extreme conspiracy theorists is very similar of religious rhetoric, it’s just that they don’t know it’s became their religion.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by iSHRED

The second group will believe just about anything you tell them

I know what you mean, like believing something as ridiculous as airplanes taking down some of the toughest buildings around. That is one goofy conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
the basic thing is the Gene because your appearance .character your height and everything about you are decided by your Gene so if you don't have the same height with other people it means your Gene in the height is not the same

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I too think it has to do with genetics, it seems that I have some kind of firewall that keep the ELF waves out, and keeps me curious and asking questions all the time. I come from a long line of questioners. I figure, if you are not allowed to question a thing, then the thing is not read in the first place.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In my opinion, its mostly genetics, everyone in my family is the same way, we want facts and when they dont add up we go looking for more answers, plus the whole "feeling" thing which so many here talk about.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by iSHRED

The second group will believe just about anything you tell them so long as it fits into their conspiracy filled world views about the NWO, UFO’s, 9/11, FEMA and other such spectacular theories and this is for two reasons.

The second group to me, are like you said, but I think the reason is some people are just less intelligent and dont need the facts like we do, or some people just literally can't handle the truth of some things they figure out and lose thier minds so to speak

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join