It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea reopens cooperation office, offers talk dates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

N.Korea reopens cooperation office, offers talk dates

www.peopleforum.cn

North Korea renewed its call for an early resumption of dialogue with South Korea, suggesting talks be held late this month or in early February.
In a statement carried by the official KCNA news agency on Saturday, it also said it would reopen an office for inter-Korean economic cooperation at the North's Kaesong City, which it shut down amid high tensions last year.
The North's official Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland stressed that there is "neither conditionality in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am really happy to see that the North Korea is so positive in restarting talks with the South Korea these days, at least the situation is not as bad as before... I don't know who have the ability that can persuade North Korea to calm down and extend the olive-branch to South Korea, China ? Russia ?or US? Or it is because they don't have any bargaining chip ?

www.peopleforum.cn

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ackeiyword

or an unreasonable demand. a foothold in S korea is a launch point for the west into the other large territories of the east. the "other superpowers are behind N Korea because of their aggression toward westerners.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ackeiyword

I am really happy to see that the North Korea is so positive in restarting talks with the South Korea these days, at least the situation is not as bad as before... I don't know who have the ability that can persuade North Korea to calm down and extend the olive-branch to South Korea, China ? Russia ?or US? Or it is because they don't have any bargaining chip ?

www.peopleforum.cn

Lets hope for a positive outcome, we can worry about the negative outcomes if China see Amercia has much longer threat standing in the region by building up the navy fleet.

A War is what Both Korea's don't need now, its fact North Korea only wants food for there people.

Good update ackeiyword.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join