It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Here and I Have a Question About Our Role As The World's Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Tried this once and bungled it badly. Hope to get it right this time.

The question is straightforward: how could the United States PTB defend their historical aggressiveness if the tables were suddenly turned and another country returns the favor, declares war, and marches on our cities, farms, and other properties in the name of human rights? Even though that particular motive would always be subject to speculation, what if they were genuinely concerned? Would you have any real difficulty understanding if they truly believed someone new should at least attempt to assume the role of "world police"? Clearly, our elected and otherwise leaders/officials are not in any position to lecture anyone else on the ethics, morals, or legal rights of citizens, or am I wrong?

Of course we know the self-righteousness rhetoric in Washington, but with our own internal mistrust for the government, how can we hope that the rest of the world would feel any differently? In other words, can it be true that our government is "asking for it"?

Given a choice, I suppose I would prefer a short, non-nuclear war followed by tons of restitution from every nation on earth that we have been pouring dollars into. It sure would be nice to be the benefactee instead of the benefactor for a change.

I'm sure it will happen this way, don't you agree (hint of sarcasm)?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.

You pose a good question and in my opinion our government "asks for it" rather frequently. Our beliefs are not so almighty that the rest of the world needs to live like we do. Our judgement and morals are not so superior that we need to thrust them upon everyone else.

People in other nations probably see us as elitist, materialistic, nosey, forceful, and more. They would be mostly right. We cannot attempt to save everyone and have them live as we do. Most are content, and we bring war and devestation in the name of freedom.

IMHO we should clean up our own backyard before we start digging in everyone else's.

Again, welcome to ATS. I hope you enjoy it!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said 'That if America is going to be invaded, it would be from within'. And it has happened with the Federal Reserve and IRS both private companies. There is heaps more to this invasion that has since happened www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see little chance that America will be invaded from a foreign power due to the nuclear MAD policy. If any foreign influence is to enter the shores, then a UN force of peace keepers is the most likely option as independent observers and to help in clean up as the dust settles after another civil war / revolution. American institutions and embassy's overseas may come under attack depending who wins and what country it is in.

If the people behind a lot of these problems want to defend their position then it is time for them to look in the mirror, take responsibility for the consequences of their actions and start helping to find a way through a lot of the serious problems that are affecting the Earth. The corporate culture is known to have a psychopathic / sociopathic culture to it, so going on tv, having a cry and back to work the next day is not going to cut it. Actions speak louder than words and major reform is needed.

Things I would like to see.
1/ Open source implementation of electoral system with fairer, transparent structure
2/ Federal Reserve and IRS back in government hands
3/ End to influence of money in government processes
4/ Removal of all politicians who did not sit through the recent reading of the constitution
5/ End to politicians voting on policy they do not fully understand including all implications
6/ New open and transparent investigation into 9/11 with United Nations support
7/ Disclosure on UFO's and free energy
8/ Integrity restored to Science and Media with end to corporation conflicts of interest
9/ Genetic Modification to come under much stricter regulation of all responsibilities
10/ The corporate and human entities both have basic rights and responsibilities that needs better definition.
11/ To open the workings of the economy to peer review to help build a more sustainable system.

There are lots of reasons why the powers are asking for it, a lot of it can all flow back to ignorance. There is a lot that needs to be considered when running a large corporation and some times it is hard to see the woods from the trees so to speak. Power can do very great things when used properly and very bad things when it is uncontrolled. With all the deregulation going on things are becoming uncontrolled and getting out of hand. One way or another this mess will get sorted out. I am just trying to find the way that makes the most of the potential we all have.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hi welcome to ATS.

To comment on your question :

I don't think the U.S.A. can be titled 'Police Force' , the title tyrant or bully is much ,ore appropriate.
A nation that says to fight for democracy and human rights and freedom would be awesome...

Unfortunately the U.S. forgets to behave according to these rights and freedoms in the process.

What I see happening is nothing more then the creation of an American creation of a world that is pushed into a form where they are susceptible to influence and the capitalistic enterprises that follow in its path take over the free markets...

Not only does this not benefit the American public, this is causing the consolidation of corporate power and is IMO direct proof of a force that uses the U.S. its position to their benefits. A government within a government maybe... Or simply the puppet masters.

Anyways...

Enjoy your stay here and if you got any questions feel free to ask me.

Peace

~ Sinter

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Sam Stone , came home , to his wife and fam-i-ly ...
Okay , you won't understand unless you're a John Prine fan .

Anyhoo , welcome to ATS . As per your topic , my sentiments are mirrored in the above post by Kangaruex . I also agree with this bit by Sinter :

a force that uses the U.S. its position to their benefits. A government within a government maybe... Or simply the puppet masters.

G'mornin everyone .
edit on 8-1-2011 by okbmd because: spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Just wanted you to know I actually am aware of the John Prine song. Fortunately, I am not quite old enough to be a Viet Nam veteran (though I am an avid admirer of all who serve their country honorably), nor do I have a "hole in my arm" as the anti-hero did in the song. Thanks(?) for the comparison?

I am interested in the position that you and Sinter mention. Exactly who would the people behind the people be? Would that mean that TPTB are symbolic and they have PTB above them? How far would that chain go? Conceivably, this becomes the classic right hand not knowing what the left hand does as well as the classic phrase "plausible denial", right?

It could twist my brain to where it looks like spaghetti......oh, wait.....too late!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thanks much for the welcome. I asked another person about a comment you both made earlier and thought I should clear something up. I did not intend to imply that the US should be or actually is the world's police. The sentiment was meant to be that our government or PTB seem to want the position and I think it is only one of the many negative perspectives it brings upon us from other countries. "[Tyrant" and "bully" are far more accurate.

Which brings me back to my concern. What if another country were to get fed up with it enough to act? I was thinking that this would make for an interesting, if not sincere, excuse to attack. As if they needed more reasons to be upset.

Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to a lot of learning from all the masters on board here.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Thank you for the welcome. As with the others, your response raises some great concepts. I thin k it would be quite interesting to see what others at ATS would offer as their own set of wishes for our government or PTB. You was able to whittle it down to only 11. I suspect you had more.

Thanks again for the welcome.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for the welcome. I certainly agree that it would be nice if we could clean up our own back yard, but I suspect that is wishful thinking. Can you just imagine if we were to concentrate on our own business instead of everyone else in the world? Add that to cleaning up our act and enacting common sense government and national budget spending and THEN we could take over the world........or not. But it would be awesome even if it is just dreaming.

Thanks again for the welcome.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I suspect you had more

This mess is for America to sort out, I just want to see it getting on the right track. I will still be around while I can if there is advice I can help with. I have an email in my profile somewhere if there is a specific question, might be a bit slow on that at times but I will get to when I can.

Take care and good luck, it is looking alright

new topics

top topics

join