It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is my truth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hi guys. My first thread! I guess you gotta have 20 posts first but anyway here we go. I believe there is a massive concealment, coverup, whatever you wish to call it in our world of religion and our attempt as conscious beings to understand the nature of our existence. it stems from our curiosity and is quelled by our incessant desire to control. i haven't been to college as a theologian but i have studied religion, philosophy, and others schools of thought that attempt define our existence for about 11 years.

During this time, the 9/11 business happened as well as the illegal invasion following so i was primed to understand the nature of control of a population by a few. In a way i feel blessed to have experienced this because i think this has contributed to my (extremely limited) understanding of universal principles.

Even before i witness a police state born through the implementation of government propaganda, i was a catholic for 16 years. confirmed. 5th sacrament. that's right. altar boy and all. i wasn't molested though. it would have been a travesty for a father to try to molest me. he would have lost an extremity. off topic sorry. i brought up Catholicism to display the level of indoctrination of which i am aware. i am not complaining about my religious upbringing at all. i have met awesome individuals because of it. but i have seen individuals' higher thought cut off because of it. the whole point wasn't trying to find the higher self and the existence of your individual spirit as was taught by Christ, that i have read in the New Testament. It was more about submission. The only way to heaven is this way.
otherwise you burn in lava for eternity which i though was absurd anyway because our composition can only burn for a certain amount of time anyway before disintegrating unless there is a magical way of reconstitution in that life which would be similar to torture which is illegal under geneva convention. lol....
imagine if the Bush admin were dipping subjects in lava... i stray.. sorry.. ill get into hell more in a bit.
the entire point of this thread is to demonstrate that someone ( a group of people if you will) has learned the truth a long while back and manipulated and scrambled it in a way to make it obsure. hell is the existence of refusal of the truth.
In that, if you combined all the religions and took them all in the context in which they were presented it would make sense. "Oh... So that's what they meant." type moment. i think that it is worth mentioning that what i said is completely possible and in the very least most folks will agree that the King James Version has been "translated" several times. I am sure the Quaran has been as well to make it a conflicting entity in our soap opera drama of existence. "Have someone to fight so your faction can be righteous."
I think if you take the beard and masculinity of the Christian God then you will see that God is the master of all things known and unknown and that to know God closer is raising your own consciousness toward the existence within the creator. "Eternal life with the Father." It is just part of understanding existence. Buddhism explains nearly the same thing without a deity. Hinduism with several. Islam with almost the same. Paganism in more easily understandable terms.
what it comes down to is this. Be Good. Love your neighbor. Help those in need. Meditate to find your soul and your next phase of existence in the eternal timeline. Love God as if God were your Daughter, Son, Grandmother, Father, Mother, Friend, because God is all of these. God is all of us. We are in God now as God is in us. We are one. We are designed to make the concept of One even smaller so that Oneness is tinier than an atom. there have been those who seek control in the name of vanity to deceive us. The truth is known by all by forgotten by most in the web of intertangled deception (preoccupation) media.
Those who have forgotten will remember eventually. Those that vaguely remember will try to teach the other fraction of the one how to become part of the whole. i hope this may stimulate some. I have been trying to get that out for a while. first post. hope it is good for our community here.
edit on 7-1-2011 by TomJoad because: informed to do so

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-- Seneca the Younger

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TomJoad

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD, LORD AND CREATOR OF ALL THINGS. HE MADE THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH AND EVERY LIVING THING THAT WALK ON THE EARTH. HE IS YOUR LORD AND YOUR SAVIOR. JESUS CHRIST, OUR KING, WHO EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW DOWN TO. "FOR IT HATH BEEN WRITTEN, 'I LIVE! SAITH THE LORD- TO ME BOW SHALL EVERY KNEE, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS TO GOD;'
W ether you like it or not, in the end, you WILL bow before the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ Almighty Lamb of God.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i dont like the word religion
i am not religious i am spiritual, we are all spiritual being
TPTB use whatever they can to put a callas (sp?) on our spirits so we dont seek and find the truth
the truth removes their power

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TomJoad

It's a tough job... Learning to remember.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

dude, what about that percentage of the population that was never introduced the the Savior, Jesus? Are they doomed to hell by default?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

that is the truth
it's simple to confess but difficult to grow spiritually
people please and grow in the flesh because it's easy but not a good investment
growing spiritually lasts forever, the only worthwhile investment you can make

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

excellent words.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

i also shred. Have been doing so for 11 years. rock on!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TomJoad

I don't have all the answers, ask Him.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

i do. every day. i think we are trying to argue the same point, brother.
edit on 8-1-2011 by TomJoad because: clarity

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TomJoad

We are not in agreement. Jesus is the -only- way to everlasting life.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This is to the original poster. You might be interested in this interview between Kerry from Project Camelot and the man behind www.wingmakers/lyricus.org/event-temples.org (not sure about the last one's address at the moment. I think you might see something in his thinking that you can assist you in your progress towards reality. You are certainly on the right track, but there is just one more step that could completely fulfill your quest.

Best Wishes

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Even the Pope admits to key portions of the Bible as allegory. Yet, here you are preaching about our salvation.

Know God. There is no middleman. What you find are vessels.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
For me, to understand god is to understand life, the sciences are one important tool to help sort out the facts from the fiction and delve deeper into the glory of god. While religion is about submission, this has been perverted to deprive you of your self determination and give it away to a higher authority. Responsibility and support for the community is important, but not blind faith and unquestionable obedience, that is for slaves. It is good you have expanded your religious studies as there are many important moral lessons, there is also a lot of crap. Stand on your own feet and think for yourself if you value your freedom.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Does answer back? How do you know he exists for sure? What information do you have that i don't?

I'm not saying "he" doesn't exist, i just want to know how you know "he" does?

also @OP

i wasn't molested though

I love how this was mentioned! I, personally, didn't assume you had been xD

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Does God answer back? How do you know it's God, and not your sub-consiouss? How do you know he exists for sure? What information do you have that i don't?

I'm not saying "he" doesn't exist, i just want to know how you know "he" does?

also @OP

i wasn't molested though

I love how this was mentioned! I, personally, didn't assume the OP had been xD
edit on 8/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

i get my answers in the form of happenings at the right moment which is the case for a lot of people i know. things that happen at just the right time to confirm a thought or in the form of karmic payment or me paying back. but i have never shaken hands with him. lol

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

thats why i chose the field of biology since i was in second grade. for me there is no other profession than to study life.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TomJoad

I don't understand what you mean, isn't this just cognitive thinking? Acting on what is currently happening around you?

edit on 8/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join