It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quebec Bird Deaths Stump Wildlife Officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Source

Montreal - More than 80 pigeons have keeled over and died at a farm near Quebec City for unknown reasons, the latest in a string of mysterious animal deaths around the world.

Environmental officials in the province say there's no connection to a similar case in Arkansas, but Sylvain Turmel is wondering why he's been picking up dead pigeons for more than two weeks on his farm in Saint-Augustine-de-Desmaures.

The first dead bird was found on Dec.18. He's since found more bodies on his roof and inside the barn.

"I was stunned," he said.

"I went to see my tenant to ask whether he'd been feeding them poison. He ended helping me pick up 25 corpses. In the time it took us to collect them, five more had fallen. Authorities thought it might be gas. But that's not possible."

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries said tests are currently being performed at the animal pathology lab in the provincial capital.

This is getting weird, if I may say so.

All these damn birds dying everywhere is starting to get a bit unsettling.

Well this seems to be the newest of the bird deaths. Upsetting to say the least.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I just saw this a couple of minutes ago on channel 5 in the little entertainment news box thingy... Every post i have read about the birds the most common answer to blame is this Magnetic pole shift...and to be honest im starting to believe it..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

well if there stumped they should give the USA a call.. they have pleanty of dumb excuses to give to them

but on a serious note.. this is like the happening except birds.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Stupid farmer and is damn fireworks. didn't he get the memo the fireworks kill birds?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Even though this is probably the 100th post about this that i've seen, i still find this erie

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ok, maybe i'm getting worked up on connecting things, but it seems to me that the only explanation i can come up with(and i'm no scientist) is that this is the beginning of a string of events that has been coming for a while. If you believe in a downward spiral toward the predicted planetary alignment (2012 and every thing that goes with it), more birds and other species are gonna die off more rapidly. The pole has shifted 10 degrees and is suspected to continue. The animal die offs are just the beginning. I believe the poles shifting will cause more and more destruction as well as mass panic when it really starts to hit the fan. Fault lines will become unstable and earthquakes and volcanoes will become more active. Again, maybe i'm getting worked up, but this seems to be a symptom of all the pieces of the conspiracy puzzle that really seem to be beginning to link together.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dropdjones

this is a good summary of current events , we are starting to see things in the conspiracy world escalate .

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well it given the birds physical trauma to the head/chest area, as well as clots in the lungs(dont knoe if the clots are also trauma related, but it could be likely given the other breakage.
still what caused a perfectly "good"flock to plunge from above en mass and already dead?
Was it the same cause as the fish kill in the same area?(regardless if not connected to other die offs,,,,,)
What can suck the oxygen out of water?
In a localised area?
Bleach does, there must also be other chemicals which do so....
Perhaps the fish were contaminated and eaten by the birds who flew another while before succombing to the poison fish?
How about Warfarin?
It sucks the entire moisture from a rodents body after killing it , though i am not sure of the mechanism of death...Blood clots maybe?Or internal hemorraging>>>>>>perhaps that....
Nicotine based substances kill also, but here i only know half of europe is convinced nicotinoids killed all the bees.....(so they banned them)we however, continue to bow to the immense lobby pressure that the huge seed, and weed corps have arrayed in both houses.
The USDA regularly kisses arse to the giants like Monsanto et al.
So, something to make the birds die from oxy starvation?
Some chemical, fungus,virus,prion,bacterium, or other agent which shuts down the capacity of the lungs to transfer oxygen to the blood stream.....Chemical fumes, of many kinds...
Or some blood inhibitor that blocks the blood from picking up enough oxy from the lungs to sustain the body.
Perhaps something in the order of chlorine gas from somewhere proximate, like a resevoir?
The fish and birds have to cross paths somehow to have a related death cause, or they must encounter the same peril separately....
The unusually sporadic distribution worldwide is certainluy no guarantee that all the deaths have similar causes or even are remotely related.
Actaually statistically is highly unlikely.
However the possibility remains till we can eliminate some actual cases as solved.
time we got to work instead of passing useless comments....
There are things we could be checking out and reporting back on.....
We dfinatley need to check out chlorine gas sources! as they could be still actively leaking or being generated.
Same with other chemicals we add to our water...flourine .....etc.
Even a pulp mill could produce a gaseous cloud that was poisonous in its immediate vicinity.
H2 Hydrogen Sulphide gas is a colourless gas which smell kinds rotten eggy.
It can kill very quickly and i believe it robs the lungs of their abaility to make oxy...?
The concentrations in the air around drilling rigs or open holes which could trap it(it heavier than air, and can pool in low pockets....outdoors too.....)one can be standing in waste deep H2S and not succumb, but if you bent over to pick up a tool or whatever, you drop like fly.....very dangerous , naturally forming gas......
Verily, i tire of typing...back later with more way out theories
after all, everythings a conspiracy of some kind, isnt it,,,,,

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oswego

Most people only have dumb excuses, Canada is just not afraid to say this is weird, US just tries to make it like they are never stumped. They are too afraid to admit they are not too sure about anything and that includes UFO's.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
honey bees, bumble bees, bats, birds, trees, fish -- all on the death list

are we next?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Hopefully not but only time will tell. Maybe the Earth is cleansing itself.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
wow ... now its starting to scare me .. if it happen here to .. something we cant see
kill all earth creature ..

a new strain of bird flu that kill very fast ?? and its now everywhere .. next are dog and cats .. and humans

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I`m more likely to believe they know exactly what is going on yet don`t tell us that there is really nothing we can do over it but watch. So they tell us bull stories so we don`t go panicking. It`s the only way I can accept the way they don`t seem to care how far in debt we are and just keep on keeping on down the same path .

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by wayno

Hopefully not but only time will tell. Maybe the Earth is cleansing itself.

Pred...

She'd do a better job if she just got rid of Monsanto and a few of the other big Petro, Pharma and chemical companies.
- oh, and the weapons of mass destruction companies
- oh, and the government agencies that support those

Oh hell, just get rid of humans. Problem solved.

new topics

join