It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Shortages Are About To Strike!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Food Shortages Are About To Strike!

beforeitsnews.com

A Reality Check
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/8/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
We all need to sit up and listen to this food shortage event that is going to effect us all.
What do we do? Panic Buy? Grow our own? or learn to Survive on Less?
If we all went out and start panic buying there'd be even less food on the shelves and you can only buy so much!
Growing your own would be a problem for many!
Surviving on less is possibly the only answer??????

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is probably just some serious crap they throw out so they have a better excuse on raising the prices of food... and if it comes down to it all grow my own veggies and fruit in my backyard and show them damn right...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Food shortages are not about to strike in America. That won't happen until we run low on petroleum. Every time you eat a piece of food that isn't "organic", know that you are eating oil.

Before its news is not the most credible site. I work in the agriculture industry. There is not about to be a food shortage.

edit on 7-1-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiseupall
Surviving on less is possibly the only answer??????

I don't like that idea at all and neither does my stomach. I vote for fewer people instead.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2011 by umop apisdn because: personal fail

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiseupall

WOAH!

everybody just calm down here.

we are all in a safe place......

you're source is 'beforeitsnews.com'..........its going to be ok......its going to be ok....

breath in, breath out, in, out, in, out......

ps can you please turn down the volume on those CAPS also, i hope you enjoy your stay here new member

edit on 7-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here's another link that will surely let us see what is coming very soon.

theintelhub.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There won't be food shortages here. In other countries in the world, well, they probably won't be so lucky :/

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Stick to proven fear-mongering sites (that actually cite REAL SOURCES!)
www.infowars.com

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The dollar is not collapsing, actually it's been getting stronger. I think the folks at "Before It's News" are fear mongers. The rising price of oil has affected food prices, I've noticed that. I don't see a famine happening any time soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

WOAH!

everybody just calm down here.

we are all in a safe place......

you're source is 'beforeitsnews.com'..........its going to be ok......its going to be ok....

breath in, breath out, in, out, in, out......

Just in case you hadn't noticed - we don't all live in what used to be the Bread Basket of the World. Talking of CAPITALS!

ps can you please turn down the volume on those CAPS also, i hope you enjoy your stay here new member

edit on 7-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
There won't be food shortages here. In other countries in the world, well, they probably won't be so lucky :/

Where is 'Here'?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
The dollar is not collapsing, actually it's been getting stronger.

Please don't tell me you actually believe this. The dollar is falsely being kept up by the federal reserve banks and countries that have it as there backup currency, that is until they all finally ditch the dollar.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

yea we all need to chill... lol now when i see you freaking then the kajfsaflh has hit the fan!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
The dollar is not collapsing, actually it's been getting stronger. I think the folks at "Before It's News" are fear mongers. The rising price of oil has affected food prices, I've noticed that. I don't see a famine happening any time soon.

Talk about keeping mushrooms in the dark:

Take a read.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have noticed, -mostly- in about the last 2 yrs, that whenever I go into any local grocerie store, there a lot of shelves that were -still- empty of the supply of those items I was seeking, from the week before. So I ask the manager why and he says, "the truck has not come in yet", or, "A lot of people got their income (ssi, ssdi, food stamp) today." That sounds like a bogus crock to me. Something wrong has been going on, it seems more like.
Plus, I can no longer digest this -stuff- anymore, that is put out as food, I get severely bad gastrointestinal issues. But I am poor and live in a small highrise hud apt bldg, not in a nice house with acreage for gardening. Make no mistake about it, I am not ignorant of the fact that, people like me are the first ones in the scope-sites of those who desire to instigate human hygenics.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I have noticed, -mostly- in about the last 2 yrs, that whenever I go into any local grocerie store, there a lot of shelves that were -still- empty of the supply of those items I was seeking, from the week before. So I ask the manager why and he says, "the truck has not come in yet", or, "A lot of people got their income (ssi, ssdi, food stamp) today." That sounds like a bogus crock to me. Something wrong has been going on, it seems more like.
Plus, I can no longer digest this -stuff- anymore, that is put out as food, I get severely bad gastrointestinal issues. But I am poor and live in a small highrise hud apt bldg, not in a nice house with acreage for gardening. Make no mistake about it, I am not ignorant of the fact that, people like me are the first ones in the scope-sites of those who desire to instigate human hygenics.

But you know what simone - your the one that will survive better because you have become used to less! It's usually those people who have an afluent lifestyle that bury their heads in the sand - The 'It can't happen to me syndrome' that will be totally unprepared. It's really sad.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've been practicing survival for the past 3 years.
This spring will be our forth spring garden and have learned to grow winter crops also.

We now have ducks, goats, a young cow and got a baby bull a few months ago.

And we have a huge tom turkey that eats out of the same bowl with my cats and my daughters bulldog.

We have a serious problem. We have named every animal and would not ever eat one unless it got really critical. They are our beloved pets now.

This spring I'm getting chickens and I refuse to think of them as anything but food. Only
the roosters will be named.

Moral of this story: Don't name your farm animals and don't make friends with them.

I love this way of living.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Most Americans (sorry nothing against you guys) but you have been fed so much propaganda for so long it has become the 'norm'.
America owes Trillions of dollars to - guess who - China.
I'm off out for dinner now (enjoy it while I can) catch up later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join