It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay with cash and you might be reported to DHS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Those bastards really are pushing the police state and the no cash society uh... really want to control everyone, all the time and everything they do...

Notice ``insistence on cash payment`` on the DHS ``Suspicious behaviors`` sheet.

Freaking ridiculous. I never pay with credit card, I don't have one, I ALWAYS pay in cash.... except over 500$ I pay with a debit card...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've been waiting to see something like this. It's only a matter of time before your drivers licence will be scanned if you pay cash, then put on a "list" somewhere for being a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Because i really want to use a credit card to pay for my 2 dollar lunch and 2 dollar bus ride to school......

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Before anyone else suggests they're going to be reported for buying cigarettes or something else $10 or less in cash, please take note that the notice does say hotel and lodging advisory.

Small steps obviously, but fight the fight in front of you here and now rather than the fight a mile down the road that hasn't started yet.
edit on 1/7/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I agree, but it never hurts to vision what could happen if we don't stop this now.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

now they scan your d.l. for cigs now !! i was like just look on my id im old enough i dont need you to scan my id thats just stupid, the lady was like i can call a cop if you like , i was like just give me my dam smokes!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The people I do cash transactions with don't accept credit cards, lol.

If and when you need to present plastic for a transaction, use one of those anonymous VISA gift cards (it may not work anonymously when ordering on the Internet because the shipping address must usually match the address on the plastic, but you can use them locally to buy ammo.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oswego

Here in Indiana they don't scan for smokes yet, just alcohol, but it's just a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Maybe the concept is to move towards a cashless society since many of those working a register are incapable of calculating your change when using cash?

I've seen deer in my headlights that look smarter than some of the individuals I hand a $20 and from whom I expect change. Heaven forbid their register doesn't calculate it for them since you'll be giving them a remedial math lesson.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
reply to post by eNumbra

I agree, but it never hurts to vision what could happen if we don't stop this now.

I didn't say don't have foresight; I'm suggesting people refrain from not adding to the conversation with the same crap that continues to get nobody anywhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Something I wiped up for another post:

Originally posted by igigi
reply to post by andy1033

That's right andy1033! Because YOU ARE A TERRORIST! According to the MIAC Report you are a terrorist if you:

- Displaying bumper stickers and other paraphernalia associated with the Constitutional, Campaign for Liberty, and Libertarian parties
- Supporting Congressman Ron Paul
- Supporting former presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin
- Supporting former Congressman Bob Barr
- Opposing the implementation of a North American Union
- Owning gold bullion
- Displaying historical U.S. flags
- Opposing abortion
- Talking about the documentary Zeitgeist

According to an earlier document issued by the Joint Terrorism Task Force (page 1page 2), the following behaviors, actions or interests are also signs of terrorism.

- Being interested in animal rights
- Being a “lone individual”
- Making numerous references to the U.S. Constitution
- Defending the U.S. Constitution
- Claiming driving is a right, not a privilege
- Refusing to identify yourself to an authority figure
- Attempting to monitor the actions of police
- Being bald

What about the Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Law Enforcement pamphlet where you're suspect if you are:

- Being a “nice guy”
- Wearing Levi jeans
- Communicating predominantly by cell phone, email or text message
- Looking “normal” in appearance
- Renting a car
- Staying in a hotel or apartment
- Renting a storage facility
- Using cash to make large purchases
- Using pre-paid cellphones or hand-held radios
- Owning large amounts of medicines, alcohol, or baby formula
- Gaining support for a cause by holding meetings, public rallies, or demonstrations
- Gaining support for a cause by using websites, posters, leaflets, or underground press publications
- Possessing a photo-copy of your drivers license, passport, social security card or birth certificate
- Possessing or purchasing GPS technology
- Walking, biking or driving near “potential targets”
- Taking photographs of “potential targets,” including bridges, power plants or government buildings

Or the Virginia training manual:
- Being a property-rights activist
- Trying to influence government or social policy
- Undermining confidence in the government
- Using a sketch pad, camera, map, binoculars or scuba equipment

Naw'mean?

edit on 7-1-2011 by igigi because: skulduggery.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

Yeah, the MIAC report makes probably 99.9% of ATS terrorists. I am myself a terrorist several times under that list... and many people I know are too.

Once they start rounding up people en masse for the MIAC ``crimes`` it'll be the time it'll either be ``Soviet Union 1930-40s style`` where almost no one resists and get arrested and everyone becomes a defacto slave or it will be civil war.

I'm saying ``en masse`` because they are already arresting people for the MIAC crimes, just not by the millions.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
Here in Indiana they don't scan for smokes yet, just alcohol, but it's just a matter of time.

Must be a local thing where you live because they've never scanned mine for alcohol or smokes no matter which state I've bought either one in, and I've bought one, the other, or both in Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, and Tennessee.

As for the OP, there's a lot more to it than just paying with cash though I have to admit that all the doom and gloom over it is slightly amusing. I personally see nothing wrong with hotel owners getting suspicious if you're paying with cash, acting nervous, and refusing entry to allow hotel staff to enter the room. For all they know you're getting jacked up on coke with a prostitute and have a guy you kidnapped duct-taped to the chair, all of which are illegal here in the US and none of which are things they're going to want happening on their property.
edit on 1/7/2011 by Jenna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

As for the OP, there's a lot more to it than just paying with cash though I have to admit that all the doom and gloom over it is slightly amusing. I personally see nothing wrong with hotel owners getting suspicious if you're paying with cash, acting nervous, and refusing entry to allow hotel staff to enter the room.

It's not all those factors at the same time... it's any of them.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

This is absurd, I always pay in cash for everything, I earn my money with hard work, and I'll be damned if I get called out on suspicious or criminal activity for spending cash as I see fit. Hell I dont even believe in having a bank account. This economy, and government is all jacked up if you ask me. I was always told cash is king.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Maybe the concept is to move towards a cashless society since many of those working a register are incapable of calculating your change when using cash?

I've seen deer in my headlights that look smarter than some of the individuals I hand a $20 and from whom I expect change. Heaven forbid their register doesn't calculate it for them since you'll be giving them a remedial math lesson.

In all fairness to the people working cash registers these days if for 300 days out of the year your machine tells you what to do then one or two days you have to do the math of $20.00 cash - $14.21 = you would take a minute to have to add the total up too, especially if you had 5 or more people standing behind you looking pissed. Now if they have a calculator hany and can't do it I agree.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
One more reason for me not to return stateside.. I pay cash for everything dont have credit card, debit card or bank account. Refuse to have any of them.. Banks and credit card companies just legalised ah longs..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just a thought. Is this a ploy to ensure that in the event of breakages or rock star type excesses they can trace people via their credit or debit cards?

Just a thought
edit on 8-1-2011 by tiger5 because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that DHS isn't really interested in terrorist or terrorism. It seems to be more of an extension of the war on drugs, but includes much more than drugs alone - call it contraband.

Just as TSA isn't really using that new technology to look for bombs or weapons. That's just what they tell people so nobody complains. It's about stopping contraband including tax sheltered cash.

More people are working for cash & more small businesses who deal in cash are not reporting it.

As consumables become more regulated & controlled by certain corporations along with government gouging consumers with more ridicules taxes, gray markets are growing and people are beginning to not care if they buy untaxed cigarettes, alcohol, or whatever else.

DHS ultimate goal is to track everyone, know exactly how much money they make & know where they spend it in order to ensure they are taking as much of your labor as they can get away with and incarcerate or punish those who resist.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The new congress had to repeat the U S Constitution.
DHS Better lock them criminals up!

Being a "lone Individual" NOW this one make them VERY nervous!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join