It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole shift happening now! Main Stream Media Finally Agrees *video*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I wanted to watch the video but got a message saying that it had been removed. Is there any way you could find another link to the same video?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Same here mate. Did anyone save it? You guys, If you get Real Player, You can download any web video you highlight, its helpful for times like this when you think a video might get removed from the net. There are no doubt other programs out there too that do the same job as real player.
edit on 14-1-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't know why so many seem so intent on disaster and it would appear that any disaster will do. As for the supposed 'rapid' magnetic pole movement, I'm located at 43 degrees south and I've checked to find that there's no discernable change in magnetic north (or south) from my location using plain old magnetic compasses. Yes the poles move continuously and they always have but apply a little trig to see how much change I could expect to see for a 40 mile shift with earth's circumference being about 25000 miles which puts the south pole around 3000 miles from me. That works out to be about 0.5 degree at most so what's the general panic mongering all about?

It's not even enough to even see on a typical magnetic compass and, as stated many times, it's normal movement and there's nothing to link it with the bird & fish die-offs whatsoever.

Note: before anyone jumps on me to say 'it's the north pole that's moving not the south' - think about that for a minute first

My coupla cents

edit on 14/1/2011 by Pilgrum because: added something

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

I've checked to find that there's no discernable change in magnetic north (or south) from my location using plain old magnetic compasses.

NASA disagrees.

A bit more info here.

A recent article in Scientific American explains why.

Why is the north magnetic pole racing toward Siberia?
By John Matson | Dec 24, 2010

…the NMP drifts from year to year as geophysical processes within Earth change. For more than 150 years after Ross's measurement its movement was gradual, generally less than 15 kilometers per year. But then, in the 1990s, it picked up speed in a big way, bolting north–northwest into the Arctic Ocean at more than 55 kilometers per year. But why?

One compelling explanation appears in the December 21 Eos, the weekly transactions of the American Geophysical Union. In their Eos article (subscription required), and in a longer paper published earlier in 2010 in the Journal of Geophysical Research–Solid Earth, Arnaud Chulliat of the Institute of Earth Physics of Paris and his colleagues venture that a twisting molten plume beneath the Artic could be the cause:

According to some recent models, plumes of less dense fluid form at the inner core boundary and subsequently rise within [a cylinder] whose central axis is the Earth’s rotation axis. Such plumes undergo a strong helical motion due to the Earth’s rapid rotation, a phenomenon also observed in laboratory experiments with water. In the core, helical plumes advect and twist the magnetic field lines, forming what scientists call "polar magnetic upwellings."

Those upwellings, unloaded into the Arctic mantle, could produce intense patches of magnetic activity on the sort of decade-long timescales needed to explain the NMP's sudden acceleration. (The authors compare these patches to a kind of terrestrial version of sunspots.) And magnetic field measurements show dramatic shifts near the New Siberian Islands that seem to fit the bill.

And you might want to adjust your compass. Directions here:

Compass Declination

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that your compass doesn't work quite right. It doesn't really point to the north pole or the south pole.

…Adjust Your Compass
On many compasses, you are able to adjust the declination by twisting a ring, using a screw, or some other method of changing where the orienting arrow sits in relation to the ring.

more...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Another link to the video might be good, and hopefully people have saved it with a downloading program.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I know how to use a compass and I've been using them for years as an aid to finding geosync satellites. I can confidently say there's been no noticable change in the magnetic poles' (both of them) locations from my point on the globe (43 degrees S, 147 east) for as long as I've been observing which is many years (decades). Also note that my location coordinates are related to the geological poles, equator and greenwich meridian so I need to apply a correction when using a magnetic compass and that correction has not altered to any noticable extent.

The birds & fish are fine and behaving normally in this part of the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Pole shifts happen. I think the huge conspiracy theory on the matter is more concerning a "pole flip" if I recall correctly.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Absolutely, the magnetic poles have always been moving and always will which suggests the 'fluid' nature of the medium that creates that planetary magnetic field. I noted that the bird victims of whatever brought about their demise are not exclusively migratory species and also not in the process of migration even if they were. A 0.5 degree or less of annual variation in magnetic pole location cannot be the explanation for these events so let's hope the real reason is found soon. Seems it's only happening in the northern hemisphere winter if that's a sound clue to what's really been going on.

edit on 14/1/2011 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

They've also learned what happens during a magnetic flip. Reversals take a few thousand years to complete, and during that time--contrary to popular belief--the magnetic field does not vanish. "It just gets more complicated," says Glatzmaier. Magnetic lines of force near Earth's surface become twisted and tangled, and magnetic poles pop up in unaccustomed places. A south magnetic pole might emerge over Africa, for instance, or a north pole over Tahiti. Weird. But it's still a planetary magnetic field, and it still protects us from space radiation and solar storms.

Source

Notice in the first line where it says:

Reversals take a few thousand years to complete

Could it be that we are jumping the gun a bit?

edit on 14-1-2011 by daryllyn because: because I can.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well that kind of reminds me of the petrified forrests they've fund in the arctic shield area and south america too. Things that indicate abrupt climate change and geographical changes as well, have taken place.

Also, in the first Project Camelot interview of Richard Hoagland, there is a part where Kerry says to him, that when they were at an event they were approached by a famous scientist that he would know, who told them that first: CME's were going to occur, then a Geogmagnetic pole reversal, then a crustal one. And that was very sorry (I take it for humanity!)

The natives have a big record of events, such as in Chili climbing the tallest mountain for every earth quake, or the Incas as well. Until they see that the stars have not altered their positions they stay up there. Now of course stars don't alter their positions.....

Anyone that doesnt learn from history AND doesnt pay attention to politicians strange moves like more recently our prime minister Harper clamping down on what scientists were allowed to say about a recent finding indicating climate change up north. When you silence scientists out in the open, I have a real problem with that.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Don't argue with me.

Go straight to NASA with your observations, and explain to THEM that they're wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

NASA is not wrong but I believe there's a lot of alarmist misinterpretation (by others) of what their studies indicate and they certainly don't indicate anything to be alarmed about. It simply confirms that the magnetic field waxes, wanes & wanders about slowly, even reversing poles every 1/2 million years or thereabouts. Even their modelled reversal indicates no cause for great concern:

They've also learned what happens during a magnetic flip. Reversals take a few thousand years to complete, and during that time--contrary to popular belief--the magnetic field does not vanish. "It just gets more complicated," says Glatzmaier. Magnetic lines of force near Earth's surface become twisted and tangled, and magnetic poles pop up in unaccustomed places. A south magnetic pole might emerge over Africa, for instance, or a north pole over Tahiti. Weird. But it's still a planetary magnetic field, and it still protects us from space radiation and solar storms.

They also confirm what I'm trying to say in that magnetic compasses are changing only by about 1 degree per decade or less as a result of the movement which really isn't even noticable to us or wildlife.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by oswego
reply to post by discl0sur3

mainstream news now, i wish i could see headlines about a year ahead , i wander what they would be titled ... btw.. i think i remember seeing a,youtube video about you saying something was heading towards earth, how did that turn out? is it still on its way? or is it the space junk nasas been talking about?

I'm assuming you're referring to the 3 large objects discovered by SETI late last year?
Apparently, still inbound. Here's a link to a recent article that discusses the subject. I wonder if this has anything to do with the magnetic anomalies?
Article

Im confused why people are still talking about the SETI statement? I thought this had all been cleared up, didnt even SETI say that it was totaly rubbish and that they couldnt believe how it started?

It does make me wonder when people believe things like this!? Even travelling at the speed of light its going to have taken so long to get here, so presume advanced propulsion technology, then take the apparant 'its going to take 1 year for them to get here from Pluto' ... what are they waiting for? Adhearing to our national space speed limits?! Of course their not. They surley do not exisit in our Solar system en route. No doubt there is life littered all over the universe in my opinion, but in hundreds of mile wide space crafts travelling at our max speeds !? come on?! someone has been playing Mass Effect 2 a bit too much !

If im wrong I hope their friendly!!

Re Pole shifts, I do believe that this has happened in the past - I just wish we knew to what severity? Do we have any info on things like that? I should imagine the data is few and far between?
edit on 14-1-2011 by Jed1Knight because: This is somewhat off topic - I apologise to the OP. Additional notes added.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
I wanted to watch the video but got a message saying that it had been removed. Is there any way you could find another link to the same video?

Here u go...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

You need to post links.

True, some people are alarmist - but many are simply investigating and trying to discover the truth. The unfortunate fact is, as Zorgon points out, no one really knows all the details and history, or the future. But legitimate observations have been made.

They also confirm what I'm trying to say in that magnetic compasses are changing only by about 1 degree per decade or less as a result of the movement which really isn't even noticable to us or wildlife.

Now that's an out of date denial. ...The effects of pole shifting on navigation are well known, and dealt with in the literature and the profession. Land surveyors have been dealing with the problem and compensating for years. Effects are greater and lesser on different longitudes - one of the links I posted earlier provides details.

edit on 15/1/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The only links needed are access to a reasonable compass, an elementary knowledge of trig functions and perhaps an atlas which are items everyone should be armed with already. The beauty of this is that you don't need any space-age equipment to tell whether anything is actually going on in relation to the magnetic poles moving and presently nothing unusual is happening but if I detect anything out of the ordinary in the future I'll post details here on ATS ASAP

The video in the OP is a classic bit of sensationalism and that's all.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

The only links needed are access to a reasonable compass... nothing unusual is happening but if I detect anything out of the ordinary in the future I'll post details here on ATS ASAP

ATS does have its fair share of ignorant trolls, but there is a core group of researchers who take their responsibilities to "Deny Ignorance" quite seriously.

Committed researchers post links to verify their claims. This allows others to evaluate the information presented, for themselves, and to criticize the poster's analysis.

We get that you're not a committed researcher, and that you're not here to "Deny Ignorance."

Thanks for trying.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Seems you've missed the point

I encourage everyone with concerns about this to stop getting 2nd hand info, get a good compass and go outside to verify the claims for themselves. A surplus military prismatic compass would be excellent and all you'd need to do is stand in the same spot every day, take a bearing on a distant landmark and record the reading. That way you'll soon get a good idea of how much pole movement is really happening. IE don't take anyone's word for it, especially utube videos.

If that's not research then the word needs redefining and I've already given the results of my research into this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Nope. That's not research. Methinks YOU need to redefine YOUR terms.

I trust NASA, the Canadian Geological Survey, NOAA and all the others guys WAYYY more than I trust you and your little compass.

How 'bout you get real?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You trust NASA? Good, finally someone on ATS with some sense!!

Puzzling, maybe I've mis-read many of your posts previously....anyhoo.....

The title of this thread, "Pole shift happening now!" is, ummm.....a bit excessive and extravagant, wouldn't you say? Because, in fact, it is not "shifitng" as implied by that title. "Moving", yes. But, this is not new news.....just when it's a slow news day, in some local TV station newsroom....THEN it gets noticed??

However, people who read magazines other than "People" (like, "Scientific American", for example) are kept abreast of the latest science news.....so, this is nothing "startling"....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join