It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Sheriff's Office, deputy sued over Taser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Washington Sheriff's Office, deputy sued over Taser

www.chipleypaper.com

A new lawsuit against the Washington County Sheriff’s Office alleges a deputy used his stun gun as punishment on a suspected drunk driver, and it’s not the first time such allegations have been raised against the deputy.

Sgt. Jonathan Rackard is being sued for the fifth time since 2006 for improper or punitive use of force.

The newest suit, filed in U.S. District Court on Dec. 22, 2010, alleges Rackard used his stun gun to punish a suspected drunk driver for making a comment about Rackard’s wife, Rachel

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Holy smokes!

You know, I have to say, that after SO many different instances of this guy being involved with crazy events, why the heck has his DEPARTMENT kept him on the force?!?

This is the FIFTH time he has been sued for excessive force and misconduct! Why on earth would Washington County Sheriff keep allowing this guy to stay on the force after SO many shady (and dangerous) events surrounding him?

This latest 'tasering as punishment' case sounds mild compared to some of the other cases he's been involved with, including the DEATH of a man who went into cardiac arrest after this deputy had him ARRESTED for repeatedly calling 911 due TO him needing medical attention! Because the deputy became ANNOYED with him for continuously calling for help. Turns out he really DID need help, as he DIED in his cell a half hour after they threw him in it!

He also tased a guy ALREADY CUFFED for speeding.

This guy has a rap sheet against the populace that would make many a criminal blush. And yet he's allowed to stay on the force after all of these different abuse cases?

Something smells quite afoul here...

www.chipleypaper.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The taser is used as a deterrent without any thought to the potential lethal side-effects. The taser should only be used in situations where there is no other choice but brute force. A speeding ticket, or talking back to an officer is not a threatening situation. I hope the deceased's family owns the police department and the Chief is removed.

edit on 7-1-2011 by lostviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Some folks handle empowerment well and others not so much.

agreeing fully. the guy should be removed from his job.
plus being a chief, shouldnt there be a little more example setting?
I live in a dream world apparently.
edit on 1/7/2011 by zooplancton because: changed mothers to others. stupid iPad.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Well perhaps its BECAUSE of senority, or rank, that he is able to continue to slip through the cracks and keep his position.

You know, I willing to give authorities the benefit of the doubt in many cases, but when one individual continually racks up lawsuits for the same type of behavior, something becomes a little suspicious.

Another thing I was thinking is isn't this costing the COUNTY a lot of revenue to keep going through this?

It almost seems like this guy has friends in very high places or something. He's had the equivelent of a cat's 9 lives, and is still going...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yeah, this guy has some serious issues that need to be dealt with, and the fact that his wfie, rachel is a shrink and seems to condone if not approve of his continual behavior is disgusting. But speaking as Rachel's ex, and knowing what I now now, it's not that surprising. It turns out that among other things Rachel was 'involved' with Samuel Sheinbein a convicted murderer who fled to Israel. Rachel seems to have been involved in at least part of the planning of the murder. Rachel also 'slept' her way into Phi Beta Kappa while at Florida State, which is where she met Rcakard.

new topics

top topics

join