It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama “America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh the problems with the internet age, where information is right there at the fingertips.

Back in 2006 then Senator Obama railed on then President GW Bush on raising the debt ceiling.

Funny thing also, he failed to even vote for the 2007 and 2008 increase. A couple of those present votes I guess.

washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 7-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Oh the problems with the internet age, where information is right there at the fingertips.

Back in 2006 then Senator Obama railed on then President GW Bush on raising the debt ceiling.

Care to add a link?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I accidentally hit my 5th mouse button. I have it set as enter. I was not ready to post this but will attempt to add to the OP now.

I am just wondering if the Tea Partiers call for massive cuts in federal spending, if Obama will back them?

Or will it be just another time of partisan bickering?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

I accidentally hit my 5th mouse button. I have it set as enter. I was not ready to post this but will attempt to add to the OP now.

No problem.

I am just wondering if the Tea Partiers call for massive cuts in federal spending, if Obama will back them?

I think Obama is ready to become like Bill Clinton when he had the Republican Congress. He will sign almost any legislation they send him, especially seeing it must first be passed through the Democratically controlled Senate. I foresee these next 2 years as extremely centrist to possibly even center-right with deep cuts, quite possibly an almost UK type of austerity, if the Tea Partiers stick to their guns.

Probably mostly partisan bickering.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah, I have the same view. I was a little miffed about the things coming out of the MSM. They actually had the gaul to attempt to say that the Democrats were all about balancing the budget and PayGo.

What a joke.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Enacting PayGo then calling everything emergency funding to ignore PayGo is not being fiscally responsible, that was just a show.

I do not have a link but I have seen numerous times on television and here on PressTV that a poll showed 61% wanted higher taxes first to handle deficit and second at 20% was military cuts. In my opinion it should be military cuts first followed by the abolition of medicare/medicaid, the localization of Social Security, and eliminating government agencies.

No I am not a Libertarian either, I just don't think having a welfare state is good for any nation. But we all need a minimal safety net at the communal level for the seriously ill, elderly, and disabled.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Failure of leadership? What are you waiting to resign then!

Has a problem of leadership and you appoint all the scum who did this in your administration? You reappoint Bernanke? You get Volcker in your economic team?

Obama, you've always been full of it, even before you were senator.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The debt problem is in the way the Federal Reserve and IRS are both private corporations. The leadership problem is that JFK was the last one to try and shut them down. Now the leadership problem is between the people and the corporations. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

He will respond as he is instructed to respond by the banks/corporations.

new topics

top topics

join