It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone out there that can try building this device?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, you're correct that P=I squared times R but P also = V x I. There's no exponential function there. If you double voltage and double current, you'll get 4 times as much power but another way of saying that is that if you want to double voltage AND double current, you NEED 4 times as much power. You're idea doesn't generate more output power than input power. My idea might and I think it will because the Force Square law of parallel magnetic flux has been proven.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

As to why I can't try building it myself, it's because I don't have room to work on stuff like this.

That is a good point. You will need at least a desk one box of tool and one box of parts.

because I'm not experienced with things like soldering connections

This is a bad point, heaps on the net to learn the basics, does not take long and after a bit of practice you will be fine. I recommend going for lead free solder and do it in a well ventilated place if you can.

nor do I know where to buy some of the parts.

This can take some time and effort to find. Try talking to any local electricians or electronic stores to help get you pointed in the right direction. The internet is also a great source of parts but can take a while to find what you need. Also help if you have access to a credit/debt card for payments for internet transactions.

My concern is that my shoddy workmanship may prevent the thing from working the way it could if it was built correctly

This is a cope out. Yeah, the first one will be rough as guts and probably break if you breath on it too had but this is how life goes with everything we do. The first time round is the hardest, but the more we keep it up the better it gets. If this is a field of endeavour you want to get into then grab it with both hands and don't give up.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Well believe it or not, I don't have room for a work desk due to my particular living situation. I'm pursuing this idea because if it works, I want it spread far and wide so why not start right now and ask others to volunteer to try it?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Good. It's nice to see you applying some logic to the exponential increase in power that happens when you increase current.

Now if you can only apply similar logic to your exponential increase idea you can figure out what will happen.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I do believe it and sorry to hear that. It is great to see you getting involved and trying to help out the community and doing what you can. I was not sure about your situation and trying to help with some ideas. There are a lot of changes going on these days and I hope your situation improves soon, we do need more people like you around.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You're being very cryptic. If you have a way to increase current while keeping voltage the same, then let's hear. Otherwise if you're just trading voltage for current, you're no better off. How can you take power from an ordinary outlet and boost current without reducing voltage?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by apex

I know how the work.
But isnt it true that the outcome of a nuclear powerplant
is greater than what it consumes, thus making it
OVERUNITY...But that cant be, OVERUNITY is
impossible..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
You're being very cryptic. If you have a way to increase current while keeping voltage the same, then let's hear. Otherwise if you're just trading voltage for current, you're no better off. How can you take power from an ordinary outlet and boost current without reducing voltage?
Plug in four 100 watt light bulbs instead of one 100W light bulb, and you have 4 times the power, at the same voltage. The power is the current squared times the resistance.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
But isnt it true that the outcome of a nuclear powerplant
is greater than what it consumes, thus making it
OVERUNITY...But that cant be, OVERUNITY is
impossible..

Indeed.

Everything that a power plant (solar, nuclear, coal, dams, etc.) does is transforming some energy into another one. And that process is done by consuming some of that energy. Even a dam does that, the only difference being that the source of energy used (i.e. the natural flow of water) is "free" to use.

It is all about transforming an energy (or an energy potential) into some other energy form.

We currently do not know of any way to convert one sort of energy into another one with 100% efficiency, let's not even talk of over 100%.

I am very keen to say that it is impossible to go over 100%, since mass and energy remain constant in every transformation (extension of Lavoisier's conservation law taking in consideration relativity). However let's not rule out that some things that we do not know yet would allow it.

In the meantime, I am sorry to say that it is an illusion to believe that it is possible to build some device that would take in less than what it gives out.

And again, if it were that simple, the entire world would actually be using such devices. Don't pretend that the knowledge is hidden. If there were such easy and accessible knowledge, it wouldn't be hidden from the masses, because the masses would share it and spread that knowledge even more.
edit on 10-1-2011 by SpookyVince because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

OVERUNITY isimpossible..

Indeed.

Everything that a power plant (solar, nuclear, coal, dams, etc.) does is transforming some energy into another one. And that process is done by consuming some of that energy.
You're right. Solar coal, and dams, and don't forget wind, all derived their energy from the sun, nuclear is one of the few that doesn't use the sun as a source.

But the sun sends more energy to Earth in one hour than we can use in a year, so it's a pretty powerful source. We just need batter and more efficient ways to harness it. The UK says it will soon get over 1/3 if its power from wind energy, which also comes from the sun. That's a step in the right direction.

As far as we know overunity is impossible, but the only reason I hate to confirm that, is the laws of physics have been revised before so who knows? But it seems pretty doubtful that even when the laws of physics as we know them are updated, overunity will be possible. It's not really necessary to get overunity with all the power coming from the sun, we just need to use that power more efficiently.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join