It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Folk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Was out with a friend just a few minutes back.
I entered my house and felt eager to relax and have a good nights sleep after.

Walked into the bed room, took my shoes off and pressed the space bar so as to wake my sleeping Personal Computer.

I did that just before going to the toilet to flush out the 3 or so glasses of white whine i had tonight.
Spirits always have an effect on making people witty.
Specially when used within reason. (As most of all things and means)

Upon return to my bed room i noticed that the computer had not woken so i thought

"OK maybe the press of the space bar didn't register so why not hit esc twice.

Off i go to the keyboard and double press the esc button so as to make sure the computer wakes by the few seconds i will have my clothing off.

It felt weird but that double press felt as if i double tapped a buddy so as to make sure he wakes.
I know one press would suffice but it seems that this is the thing you just do in such a situation by gene i suppose or by the subconscious.

That reminded me of a story.

A story that gave reason for writing and promoting these few lines tonight.

Promotability is a virtue that should be exercised.

So without going in to too much detail of the story i remembered, there i stand waiting for the waiter to serve my request for two coffee type refreshments,mine and my company's. That was in the midst of the summer in a raised coffee shop overlooking a secondary street i used to get there. Just after the opposite side of the street, the beach started and after that the beautiful sea with a view of the coast line and an island deep away and a smaller one close to the left.
Waiting at the self service as i was i gazed around so as to make time pass faster by giving me input.
There are things that we get to know. Few times they feel very distinct, more than other times and although they are just confirming our feel and knowledge, you smile by the feel of it, when it registers loud.
Leaning to the bar top with my elbows i looked left to the direction of a glass door that looked to the east.
Between the door and me there was a little 5 year old girl sitting there in a table with her family.
She rocked her beautiful blue colored chair back and forth on the two hind legs of the blue chair.
It was a nice little sight but the extended beauty of it was that the chair had found the chance to dance along playfully with the girl having come to life but still concealed to its pretends to the untrained or unconscious to the moment mind.

It is a beautiful world.
Learn to respect that beautiful world and its beautiful nature.

Hopefully you will have a earth size ball of consciousness
rather than a golf ball sized one.

Best regards,
George

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

edit on 7/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

There's been a lot of weird posts lately.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I will give you guys a hint.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
How many glasses of wine did you have?

Ha!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I love david lynch

but im to drunk to watch an eight minute video, ill have to watch it tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just watched the vid, S+F,now i get ya,that was a great speech,i never knew lynch was into this sort of stuff,i love his films,best director ever.
Ive always wanted to get into meditation,just lacked the willpower to bother myself,do you meditate OP?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

nope.
not really

but i find it soothing having a relaxed moment here and there

preferably out in the nature

i guess when i sort a few things and relax more in life
i might relax more towards a meditative stance. maybe

new topics

top topics

join