It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture awaits you Christians.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You have fully answered my question . There is no further need to expound on your missgivings . I'm sure That Oprah will be on soon to further instruct you on "religion''. Some are sicker than others , now philosophy on that .

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
You have fully answered my question . There is no further need to expound on your missgivings . I'm sure That Oprah will be on soon to further instruct you on "religion''. Some are sicker than others , now philosophy on that .

Is this the very best you have to offer in intellectual discourse my friend?

You appear uncertain by your consternation over the subject. Perhaps you feel you are righteous enough just by stating a word "Jesus" to earn yourself merit in his eyes. I do not dispute this for Christ was merciful. However, you may not enjoy your placement in the line up. A word is nothing if it does not stir within, the spirit to move the flesh to right action.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Try again. A careful reading of your Bible would tell you Jesus spoke Greek and Aramaic. The common language of Israel at the time of Christ was Greek. The higher learned knew Hebrew, but it was read/spoke in the synagogue much like Latin is done in the Vatican today. When Jesus rose from the tomb He spoke Greek to Mary.

Secondly, i have already said what that verse means. Jesus said he alone is the way to eternal life and God. He also says he gave His life freely so men could be saved. Jesus is the only way to the Father and salvation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Jesus said he alone is the way to eternal life and God. He also says he gave His life freely so men could be saved. Jesus is the only way to the Father and salvation.

You are still not explaining what this means to you.

What does it mean that Jesus is the only way to eternal life and God?

Is it:

a. Follow him over the mountain to the end of the rainbow.

b. Bow down and worship him as God

c. Follow his directions encoded in the Bible using the secret decoder ring you received at church.

d. Follow his life example, his lessons, and his commandments.

I hope I have made it easier with the multiple choice selection. If I have not provided an answer in the selections above, please add your own.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Are you trying to ask what the gospel of Jesus Christ is? If so you're doing a really poor job.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Are you trying to ask what the gospel of Jesus Christ is? If so you're doing a really poor job.

No my friend. If that is what I was asking, that is how I would have phrased the question.

I'll just take it that you do not have an answer to my question at this time. That is my understanding.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Lol, I have answered your question more than once. Either you don't understand them, or you reject them.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Lol, I have answered your question more than once. Either you don't understand them, or you reject them.

No, you have avoided my question and pointed back at the original statement from which my question derives. That is circular if every I saw it. You claim to be a Christian and Claim to know the way. To make that claim you should be able to convince others of your truth. If you are so certain you know it, explain it to me so a child could understand it. Teach me your truth. Answer my questions. If your truth has no holes in it, I will gladly shed mine for yours. Until then, mine is bullet proof. If you do not want to hear it, don't listen. I never asked you to listen, I only asked you to tell me yours.

A house built on sand will be knocked down in the storms of criticism and scrutiny, but one built on the rock of truth, that house can withstand every manner of tempest brought before it. Ask questions, seek the truth. If you have it, share it!

Your continued avoidance only tells me you have no idea what the truth is. You cannot explain it, it does nothing but get defensive at questioning, and crumbles under the scrutiny. What is more saddening is that it is sitting right in front of you in the lessons of Christ, yet you do not embrace them. You idolise the teacher rather than learn the lesson. It is like a love sick school girl, smitten by their teacher, not knowing who they are as a person or caring about what they have to teach, but rather obsessed with the fact that he gives you attention.

Yes Christ was the way to the truth, to God, to Heaven, he was all those things. He wasn't those things any other way than by showing love and compassion to all. He did not judge, he did not discriminate, and he bid those who followed him to do the same. Nothing should come between Brothers and Sisters absolutely nothing! Yet here we are in a world where we separate ourselves based on education, on religion, money, fame, skin color, and any number of rules we make up as we go. Is this the world that you think Christ would want? Do you really believe Christ wants you to use him as the wall between you and another? Do you think he wants you to use him to subdue another's will, to earn your love? The same Christ that defended the prostitute, the same Christ that told two thieves they were going with him to heaven? The same Christ that asked God to forgive the soldiers who were killing him?

Are we learning from the same Master?

My friend, I am not trying to change your belief I am trying to get to the root of what that belief is and how you came about it. It's what you do when you sincerely care to know someone.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NOT Ur Typical

This guy iamiam doesn't want the truth about God or Jesus . He wants to try to carry on a filibuster and wear you down .He talk as if the Word of Christ is a philosophy created by a man completely autonomous from the authority of God . This guy must Fancie himself as a psychologist . O maybe he has a lot of contact with one .

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This guy iamiam doesn't want the truth about God or Jesus . He wants to try to carry on a filibuster and wear you down .He talk as if the Word of Christ is a philosophy created by a man completely autonomous from the authority of God . This guy must Fancie himself as a psychologist . O maybe he has a lot of contact with one .

My friend, I offer you the same wager if you have the truth, share it. If it withstands my scrutiny, I will throw down mine and adopt yours. I am sharing my truth and your scrutiny has not moved so much as a shingle from my house, yet I do not ask you to throw down yours for mine. If it brings you joy, peace, and love for all keep your truth, but if it cannot stand my scrutiny and mine does the same for me, then any man of sense would keep his own.

So, if you have it, share it. You have nothing to lose if your house is built on a solid foundation.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Okay, I'll try this a third way. Jesus is the way to the Father. Jesus is the way to eternal life. Jesus is the way to salvation. Jesus is the way to redemption. He freely gave His life for His enemies so they could live. He took our sin and gave us His righteousness. He was crushed by the Father so that we could be glorified. He came down from heaven, was lied about, falsely accused, beaten, condemned to death, spit upon, and had his beard pulled out so that we could sit on thrones and judge angels. He took the full wrath of the father on all sin so that we could stand before him blameless. He gave His perfect life in place of our wretched sinful ones. He did everything, we just humble ourselves and ask to be forgiven.

Clear yet?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Okay, I'll try this a third way. Jesus is the way to the Father. Jesus is the way to eternal life. Jesus is the way to salvation. Jesus is the way to redemption. He freely gave His life for His enemies so they could live. He took our sin and gave us His righteousness. He was crushed by the Father so that we could be glorified. He came down from heaven, was lied about, falsely accused, beaten, condemned to death, spit upon, and had his beard pulled out so that we could sit on thrones and judge angels. He took the full wrath of the father on all sin so that we could stand before him blameless. He gave His perfect life in place of our wretched sinful ones. He did everything, we just humble ourselves and ask to be forgiven.

Clear yet?

Crystal my friend.

"He did everything, we just humble ourselves and ask to be forgiven."

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
When is the rapture date? May 11th? I think that's right. Well, that's not far from now. I hope it happens. I'd like to see something like that in real life. But if such a thing is true, I think most of these self confessed Christians would be left behind.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

No man knows the day nor the hour . Jesus tried to give us the general time of his return in Matthew 24 verse 29 thru31 . This is not the Baptist accepted pre tribulation rapture that people are so fond of . In 2nd Thessolonians chapter 2 tells us that we will see first a falling away and then the son of perdition( Antichrist) will sit in the Temple of God . Now the Temple will be built during the reign of the Antichrist during the time of the false peace .
We are not appointed for the wrath but the first part of the Great Tribulation is not wrath . The answer is quite clear if you read the bible .

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If Jesus is the God of the universe, a snake talked to Eve in the magical garden, the animals were all saved on a big ark, Jesus floated into heaven, turned water into wine and all the other BS written in the bible is true then yes, I'm fu**ed. So in that case I think I'm gonna be all right....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by NOT Ur Typical

Friend, there is no "Word of Christ," Common men could not read or write in those days, only the Priests could do that. Not one thing was written about him for 70 years after he died, and by the way, he is still dead.

Titanic find: 'Christ's coffin'

Discovery Channel Video of the find

And that is not all, either. The NT was written by the Romans....

The True Authorship of the New Testament

WHO WROTE THE NEW TESTAMENT?

'THE PISO FAMILY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT'

When are you Christians going to accept that, and get on with your lives? This is common knowledge here. Dead, is still dead. Did not rise for the dead, carried off to heal, grew to a ripe old age, then died! Is not "God." Is not your "Savior. " You must save your own self, if you know how, that is. check this forum, it's in here somewhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ac3rr
If Jesus is the God of the universe,
he is the son of God of the Universe.

a snake talked to Eve in the magical garden,
we have to look into what the serpent represents and what he presented, and at that which was presented represented symbolically and literally.

the animals were all saved on a big ark,
is Earth but a giant spaceship type of Ark if you will, that we are all (even the animals) taking an Earthride on?

Jesus floated into heaven,
actually he lives on Earth in spirit and idea too, this dude is just alot of places... there is only a minority of a special select group of people which can't see him or feel his ideas, it's a bit weird and uneasy to the majority.

turned water into wine
wine is better than water, taken into account it's symbolic and literal meaning in a certain setting... bread is not as fully sustaining in our diet, we need protein, which is wholly sustaining.

and all the other BS written in the bible is true then yes, I'm fu**ed. So in that case I think I'm gonna be all right....
not f'd but only needing a little more clarity conveyed to others in your questioning and seeking.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Friend, there is no "Word of Christ,"
actually there is a word of Christ, it is a message and a spirit, it is also an idea... as I have heard ideas can not be killed. specially when it is held by so many.

When are you Christians going to accept that, and get on with your lives? This is common knowledge here. Dead, is still dead.
actually dead is not dead, specially when it comes to ideas... ideas that are true and just and held by so many. What is really interesting thought is the reverse effect of trying to slay or kill an idea that is true and just and held by so many, is that when an idea is "true" (that means literally) it actually wins more converts to the systems such as Christianity who hold these ideas to heart and in the literal.

it is a great tactic and strategy in my opinion...
edit on 1/23/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Friend, there is no "Word of Christ,"

Really now? I have a book in my possession that is comprised of 66 books by 44 different authors who didn't know or meet each other over a period of thousands of years making up a complete integrated message system of supernatural origin from outside the space time dimension. A message system that anticipates and was designed to withstand hostile jamming. A message system that operates just like a modern day holographic image. A message system that writes the future in advance, sometimes thousands of years beforehand. And a message system that has it's own security apparatus preserving every letter of text with a heptadic structure even today's fastest computers would be impossible to duplicate.

Now is a good time to watch the video series I linked previously when you asked. I didn't post them for my own good.

edit on 23-1-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Jesus himself said that he will cast me into a fire to burn like tinder if I do not bow down to him (John 15:6). Quite frankly he sounds like a huge prick.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join