It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture awaits you Christians.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Don't you think that everyone is a little sick? There are some people that are so sick they have to worship something just to get through a day. These mental cases invent gods and declare people "divine" so that they have someone to bow down to. Then, having bowed down to someone they've never met, they expect others to do the same based entirely on their second hand hearsay and a book they've been told is true.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
Some of you people on this site are really sick .You really need some direction . There is one God one way to God and one sacrifice for sin , Jesus . Oprah Winfrey's version of God is wrong !

Have you seen God my friend? Do you talk to him and get answers?

What is more sick, being one believing that you are the one way line to God and have all the answers to his infinite being, or the one who realises that we are all unable to comprehend the infinite being of God, and thus all have a right to hear him, to see him, to open their hearts to the joy that is him.

If you believe that it is YOU who have all the answers, it is you who are sick. You have limited your concept of God to that which resides in your own mind based on your own experiences. You have chosen no one elses view has merit without even understanding how that view came about.

Judge not, lest you be judged yourself.

We do not have all the answers and we need each other to get as wide a perspective of this existence as we are capable of. If you cannot see that this existence is the work of God, no other existence would be worthy of your satisfaction. Judge not the creator his work is perfect. It is you who do not understand, but you are capable. You just need to stop judging and start learning.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The Rapture - An LDS Perspective

The concept of the rapture wasn't really popularized until 1908 when an evangelist named William Blackstone wrote a book called "Jesus is coming" that sold more than a million copies. He went out and found all sorts of quotes and ideas from former bible historians and scholars to support the idea of the rapture (the entire concept is built around scriptural versus, and I know Isaiah was a big influence on the theory). The word "rapture" didn't occur in print until a year later (1909) with the Scofield Reference Bible.

In its purest form, the concept of the rapture basically says Christ will remove the righteous from the earth prior to his coming to burn the wicked.

There are, however, two very different schools of thought on "the rapture": Those who believe the rapture we occur PRIOR to all of the horrible tribulations and events described in association with the apocalypse (they are dubbed "pre-tribulation rapturists") and those who believe it will occur AFTER all of the trials (post-tribulation rapturists).

The LDS peopel like to dismiss the idea of a rapture completely, except our doctrine clearly places us in the camp of the post-tribulation rapturists, since we know Christ WILL remove the righteous from the the earth immediately prior to the millenial burning. Other post-tribbers have slightly different ideas about what sequence of events will lead up to the rapture, but for LDS people, there can be no debate.

It's interesting that for a pre-trib rapture, there is a surprising amount of scriptural evidence to support it -- they simply misunderstand the meaning of the versus.

No single point of doctrine has done more to prevent good Christian people from preparing for the last days than the idea of a pre-tribulation rapture. I think MOST good Christians believe Christ's return (and the rapture) are imminent, but have NO preparations whatsoever -- What's the point in preparing if God intends to remove them from the earth and they don't have to suffer through all of that, anyway? Satan is a very clever person, isn't he??

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr

I m not one who needs to bow down to something . But I have to give God his due . If you would read the Bible and see whats going on during these last days before Christ returns you might see that that old book is right . I am sure that finding that the bible is true would deeply impact your partying and you couldn't have that could you !

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Jesus is the only way . If you subscribe to the Oprah theology you might as well worship Satan . Narrow is the path

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Jesus is the only way . If you subscribe to the Oprah theology you might as well worship Satan . Narrow is the path

Thats not a philosophy my friend, that is a bumper sticker slogan. Christ was far more complex than limiting his life and message to something so cliche as "Jesus is the only way". This is intellectually lazy and screams more of the same idolization one has for a football team rather than the way one should live their life to accomplish his work.

So why not start with explaining what the phrase "Jesus is the only way" means to you.

Or, we can sit at opposite sides of the stadium screaming "My team is Better!" all day as we watch our champions spread our call on the battle field.

What Would Jesus Do my friend?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 17-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Exept it was written by man and there's no proof of God.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Christ was far more complex than limiting his life and message to something so cliche as "Jesus is the only way".

LOL wuuut?? Actually, that is precisely what Jesus said.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ac3rr

Exept it was written by man and there's no proof of God.

It was penned by men, the author was the Holy Spirit. The book on whole is an integrated message from outside the space time dimension. It was written in anticipation of hostile jamming, no doctrine is spelled out in a single chapter, they are all spread out evenly through the book. And it has an ongoing security system that runs 24/7 to protect the integrity of the text from changes etc. It's called it's "heptadic structures". They break down when anything is altered from the text.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

You do not find this a complex statement? What does it mean to you?

To me it means to learn his lessons and follow in his foot steps. To not make excuses for not being able, but to do it regardless of suffering.

So, what does it mean to you?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

You do not find this a complex statement? What does it mean to you?

To me it means to learn his lessons and follow in his foot steps. To not make excuses for not being able, but to do it regardless of suffering.

So, what does it mean to you?

With Love,

Your Brother

You're postulating your conjectures. If you really care about what it 'means', go to Strong's Greek Concordance and do your homework. English is a lazy language, Greek is absurdly precise. All verbs alone need to meet 5 conditions.

Jesus said He is the ONLY way to eternal life. Enter through Him "the door".

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You're postulating your conjectures. If you really care about what it 'means', go to Strong's Greek Concordance and do your homework. English is a lazy language, Greek is absurdly precise. All verbs alone need to meet 5 conditions.

Jesus said He is the ONLY way to eternal life. Enter through Him "the door".

Ok, you have expounded on the phrase by the addition of a word. Now he is the ONLY way. I get that, and I agree with it. However, it seems we are still at odds as to what this means. I believe that his philosophy, the lessons he taught, ARE the ONLY way to understanding the will of the father.

What I am still unclear of is what the phrase means to you. I suppose I could go to Strong's concordance, but that will only tell me what that phrase meant to Strong. So, in your words, what does this mean to you?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

So you could care less what that verse means in the Greek it was penned in 2,000 years ago? You're just going to settle for an English rendering from 400 years ago?

It's your prerogative I suppose.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

So you could care less what that verse means in the Greek it was penned in 2,000 years ago? You're just going to settle for an English rendering from 400 years ago?

It's your prerogative I suppose.

I am not talking to a Greek from 2000 years ago. I do not know a greek from 2000 years ago to ask. This is why I ask what it means to you. It is a simple phrase according to you. So, it should not be hard to explain what that phrase means. It is you I am trying to understand my friend, not the dusty bones of some author with his own interpretation some hundred years ago.

Jesus was Jewish. His native tongue most likely was Aramaic. None of the Gospels were penned by him. So, what you have are lessons that have been passed down mouth to ear from Aramaic to Hebrew, from Hebrew to Greek, from Greek to Latin, from Greek and Latin to English. While his lessons remained intact at their core, each step along the way came with it, someone else putting their twist on his message. Of course you know this or you wouldn't be so hard on the Catholic Church. Therefore, you have found a meaning that makes sense to you. Only YOU can tell me what that meaning is. It is your right.

So what does it mean to you?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr
[mor

Spontaneous life from a hot rock is barely a theory . Science has shot it's self in the foot when they descovered DNA . DNA does not assemilate itself into a nonexistant cell and then what mutate into millions of life forms .
Explain just how man came to be on this earth from a steril environment .

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

There is one Jesus whom is Gods acceptable sacrifice for sin . He will open the Lambs book of life . Your questioning of what I said about Jesus says to me that you do not believe that Jesus is the only Messiah . Mohammed , Buddha, Allah, Dali Lama or Rev. Moon are all losers and the people that follow them . The Pope is very fallible , he is just another man .

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOT Ur Typical

I am having my stomach turned every day by the Fad following children today . Also by the self mutilation of young people today .The fact is that the promise is my hope , but I can see things that are written in the Bible that are to me indisputable proof of the authenticity of the Word of God . God gave prophecy for a reason . He knew that we would need strengthening during the last days . The Bible is a living Testament to us to day . I heard an announcement on the radio today if I heard right . It said that one out of six Free Thinkers live sucessfull lives without God and are respectable law abiding citizens . Not good odds . Are the rest in Jail ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Question ! Who is Jesus to you ? Is he the as in the only Messiah ? What is it about his blood being spilled ?

Were you partly to blame for Jesus' crucifiction ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

There is one Jesus whom is Gods acceptable sacrifice for sin . He will open the Lambs book of life . Your questioning of what I said about Jesus says to me that you do not believe that Jesus is the only Messiah . Mohammed , Buddha, Allah, Dali Lama or Rev. Moon are all losers and the people that follow them . The Pope is very fallible , he is just another man .

Ok my friend, your first premise is that Jesus was a sacrifice for sin.

I do not believe that was his lesson, and here is why.

If Jesus was a sacrifice for sin, we can do what ever we please now, even not acknowledge him. We can be a wild bunch of ruthless thugs hell bent on our own destruction. Oh wait, we are doing this. By the direction our world is headed, this could not be the message of a Messiah nor the true intent of Jesus' life. Secondly, God is everything, he does not need a sacrifice. What can you sacrifice that is not of God?

Your second premise is that Jesus is the only Messiah.

This, I do not know as yet. The philosophy that Jesus Christ taught is the only true philosophy whereby all Mankind can find peace and harmony. So I know any Messiah that comes in the future will strictly adhere to Christs teachings. Will the second coming arrive with the name Jesus? I do not know. I suspect that he would not, but I will know him by his works.

"Mohammed , Buddha, Allah, Dali Lama or Rev. Moon are all losers and the people that follow them . The Pope is very fallible , he is just another man"

Now this premise was uncalled for and only demonstrates how little you have learned of Christ's teachings. You cast judgements at things you do not even know. I don't blame you. This is part and parcel of many churches that call themselves Christian.

You may want to actually read the words of Christ as if you were one of his disciples, learn the love, lose the judgement, and walk in his shoes for awhile. The Christian you are demonstrating yourself to be is the "Slogan" Christian. You sit in the bleachers and cheer the team, because to go on the field and play the game is too tough. Such a Christian might go unnoticed to the Messiah when he returns.

As for me, I am a student of Christ. My doctrine is my own based on his teachings.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Question ! Who is Jesus to you ? Is he the as in the only Messiah ? What is it about his blood being spilled ?
Were you partly to blame for Jesus' crucifiction ?

I may have answered these questions before, but here goes...

Jesus to me is the teacher, the Master, my Brother, and my friend.
Jesus was a name he had at one time. When he comes again, I do not know what name he will go by. I will know him by his works, and how they match up to his doctrine.
Jesus' blood was spilled to demonstrate his doctrine of unconditional love for all. It was a lesson in peaceful resistance to tyranny and devotion to God. Rather than harm another soul, Christ gave his life as his final testament on how to treat each other. Love one another even to death. He did not discriminate.

Was I partly to blame? In my past before I knew better, I would have been to blame. Now, I would give my life before another Christ had to give theirs. Would you?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 19-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join