It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture awaits you Christians.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

I second this. I think I'd rather be left behind than have to spend an eternity with the God of the Old Testament.

:shudders:

And I have to third it myself. I would not spend anytime at all with a spoiled brat who thinks we are his slaves. Good thought, but with John Nelson Darby inventing the Rapture Doctrine, and the authorship of the whole New Testament in question I guess the Christians won't be going anywhere. Hopefully none of them will fall for Project Blue Beam, but knowing how they are, no doubt many will be taken by the DRACO.....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by myeyeshavseen

Why is the BIBLE the only book being quoted? Surely this can't be the ONLY book that speaks the truth?

Well, nearly all books have some truth in them, but as you may or may not know, Christians are basically forbidden to read anything not Christian. As for genuine historical records of Jesus, or anything else in the NT, it just doesn't exist. The Romans kept meticulous records, as did the Egyptians, but their records do not reflect the stories in the Bible. Christians will always post Bible quotes to back up their "beliefs," and bolster their "faith." Just as Muslims will always post Koran quotes, same thing. Us Wiccans speak and write from the heart, we have no "book" that enslaves us.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian but I was watching something about the rapture yesterday. 85% of the prophecies have already been fulfilled

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by myeyeshavseen

Why is the BIBLE the only book being quoted? Surely this can't be the ONLY book that speaks the truth?

Well, nearly all books have some truth in them, but as you may or may not know, Christians are basically forbidden to read anything not Christian. As for genuine historical records of Jesus, or anything else in the NT, it just doesn't exist. The Romans kept meticulous records, as did the Egyptians, but their records do not reflect the stories in the Bible. Christians will always post Bible quotes to back up their "beliefs," and bolster their "faith." Just as Muslims will always post Koran quotes, same thing. Us Wiccans speak and write from the heart, we have no "book" that enslaves us.

Funny, I find Atheists use bible quotes more than Christians do to prove Christians wrong.

All jokes aside I think many people have taken God's intention the wrong way. People think that they are saved through faith alone, which is wrong. You are saved by what you do and what is in your heart. Going to church doesn't make you a good person. Reading a Bible doesn't make you a good person.

And to think that Wiccans are less enslaved than anyone else is arrogance. Every person is enslaved to some form of doctrine. If you're thinking yes I am free and yet you're a republican, democrat, Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Wiccan, left wing, right wing, American, Iraqi, Afghani and etc. you are enslaved to some form of authority.

You are no more free than I am.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
2 honest questions:

How does it feel?
Where do you think your going?

What you call God is the source of creativity.
Be creative.

How does what feel? To believe in something more than man, or to believe that man is more than a lucky animal?

Where are YOU going? If I am wrong, I die and nothing happens. When you die and if YOU are wrong...

Well, you just can't be wrong, can you?

I don't buy the entire 'rapture' thing but I am a Christian and I am proud to call myself that. I have a life that doesn't require that I attack others with different beliefs.

Don't stereotype. Not all Christians are the same... and maybe we won't stereotype you as an idiot.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

broad genernalisations and self-fulfilling prophecy.

peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

How does what feel? To believe in something more than man, or to believe that man is more than a lucky animal? Where are YOU going? If I am wrong, I die and nothing happens. When you die and if YOU are wrong... Well, you just can't be wrong, can you? I don't buy the entire 'rapture' thing but I am a Christian and I am proud to call myself that. I have a life that doesn't require that I attack others with different beliefs. Don't stereotype. Not all Christians are the same... and maybe we won't stereotype you as an idiot.

I just want to know what people think.
edit on 8-1-2011 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Yes immoral creatures will always have a real disregard for the Law .

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
the Good old God of the Gaps IAMIAM, i thought you were no better.

Surely your stance comes from Pantheism. Everytime new knowledge is discovered in regards to nature and reality you simply just infer the mystery of "GOD". God becomes a label for everything, tell me the need for this? When we have the word Everything.

Everything is as fine a word to me my friend. If it brings you more comfort to refer to everything as God, then everything it is.

Also acceptable is All, Awe, Unknown, etc. etc.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by auto wrench

The only thing I see in doubt is your understanding of the bible . People pick it apart and feel empowered to keep on with the abusive party without bounds . If you looked past your vices you could see the literal fulfillment of the prophecy of the end times .How did a questionable author write 2500 years ago about Israel's dry bones coming to life . Now for those special people that can't understand , God was referring to the Jewish nation being dead or in this case ran out of Israel . That happened in 63 AD by the Romans .. The prophecy is in Ezekiel chapter 37 . Israel would be reestablished and in 1948 would declare Nationhood . That's almost 2000 years between being cast out and re establishing them selves . Oddly enough the Arabs put the Dome of the Rock on the Temple site originally to preserve the site for the new Jewish Temple to be rebuilt . Ezekiel 38 & 39 tells of a conflict where Israel will be decimated , all but 1/3 of the Nation and the city Jerusalem will be divided . During this time as told of in Zachariah 14 verse 12, Israel will pour out a plague on those that comes against them . THE DESCRIPTION OF THIS PLAGUE IS CAN ONLY DESCRIBE A NUCLEAR BOMB AND IT'S HORRIBLE EFFECTS ON A HUMAN. The other things that proves the bible as given by God is the formation of a one world governing body and a global electronic currency that you have to gain authorization to use even though all other currencies have failed . WE ARE LOOKING AT THIS TIME IN THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE . This authorization will be taking the Mark of the Beast and will be a RFID chip . The Internet will facilitate the ability to control ownership of property, inventory controls of merchants , any exchange that requires renumeration of funds , services provided to anyone will require a scan for authorization of services . This was prophesied 2000 years ago and you can see it at the door now . Open your eyes and look at whats happening now . The bible adds up to be absolutely true whether you like or not . Decision time is a wasting people . The cut off is comming . Still I do not subscribe to pretribulation Rapture . Matthew 24 verse 29 thru 34 gave us the words of Jesus just when we could expect to see him in the clouds . I trust in Him

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I highly doubt a God so obsessed with blood sacrifices will be able to rest in heaven for long with no living creatures being killed in his name. I think it even says in the Bible that there will be a new Earth, and I'd rather have my soul destroyed than to come back and have to live through "Earth 2: The Blood Orgy". Or, as Bender would say, "Afterlife? Pfft. If I thought I had to go through a whole 'nother life, I'd kill myself right now."

LOL!!! The entire reason God "loved" blood sacrifices was because they were a type and foreshadowing of His ultimate sacrifice at Calvary.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I bet the feeling will beyond belief and I will be with God in Heaven to feel no more tears, feel no heat or cold and I will be filled with pure joy!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Consider this;
For those that are familiar with the written accounts of human history. The Sumerians recorded information regarding the people from the sky, the Annunaki. If they were here then perhaps the rapture refers to their return and man has created criteria through religion that is required to meet them in the sky.
Or, the Holy Bible is the inspired literal word of God and Johns account in the Revelation is exactly what should be expected in the end time in which case those that blasphemy should conduct some deep soul searching quickly to ensure their place in eternity. In the garden man received the knowledge of good and evil through the forbidden fruit. In the end there is good and there is evil there is nothing in between.
The dead who lived by faith shall rise and receive their heavenly form, the living faithful shall be called up to meet them in the sky, imagine the chaos that will be witnessed by those left behind. The time is upon us, repent and be saved, or deny me and I will deny you in the presence of my Father. It is by faith that you are saved, not by works, lest any man should boast.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Rapture?

No thanks. If I had to go into Rapture with the people who believe they are - a big ugh.

As a Christian, this is what will happen to me - I will eventually die, my body will be cremated (no worms for me, thanks) and then I will be judged, or I will not be judged.

If I am judged, I will have a few sins there - because every human has - but hopefully nothing too evil.

Then I will either live forever in heaven (I don't think so) or my soul will float in space (maybe) or I will be dead dead dead the end.

My belief in Jesus applies to this world (and maybe the next world, if it exists).

But I think it is more important to apply the teachings of Jesus to this world.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
my self miss all the fun, i told you so, and just think of all the fun we get to have looking for loved ones gone, filling mundane jobs, be asked by the PTB did you know such and such, did you have something to do with his /her disappearance? receiving the mark of the beast, and lastly the grate swim in the lake of fire oh boy can't wait for that one pally, i'll tell ya it's go'en to be a world of fun when the "rapture" takes place i for one do not believe in it, for we will be all tested, refined just like gold.
when when????
i thought i would add to this, the time approaches, be as a watchman, if he knocks on your door will you open it?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

But I think it is more important to apply the teachings of Jesus to this world.

My thoughts exacly.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
OK, it's time for the Second Coming so hold on to your socks because this is going to be something.
It's night time (I knew it!) and everything seems normal. Then an old lady sitting near Buck asks him if he's seen her husband. The seat next to her is empty except for a man's suit with no one inside it.

Religion and the idea of the rapture is so ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and make sure the planes you ride in around the time of the rapture have non Christian pilots!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Some of you people on this site are really sick .You really need some direction . There is one God one way to God and one sacrifice for sin , Jesus . Oprah Winfrey's version of God is wrong !

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by IAMIAM

Some of you people on this site are really sick .You really need some direction . There is one God one way to God and one sacrifice for sin , Jesus . Oprah Winfrey's version of God is wrong !

Amen to that.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm quite aware of the plan your make-believe God has. Every man's eternity to be decided during this short stay on earth. Infinity resting on our wishy washy, 3% capacity brains.

Did you know that there are people who spend their hard earned money on a plastic fish that hangs on the wall and sings? And they think it's clever! We elected George W Bush as the president of the united states back in 2001. We're all a bunch of simpletons! God put the fate of man's infinity to our own discretion? That's the silliest thing that I've ever heard!

The fact that so many people still buy such nonsense should be evidence enough for God that we're not up to the responsibility.

Why is "faith" such a virtue, anyhow? It seems to me that God's process of elimination doesn't separate the good from the evil. This process only separates "logical thinkers" from the "believe everything they read" folks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join