It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture awaits you Christians.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
From what I have read so far, many of you have little understanding with just what the concept of the Rapture is to begin with. The word "rapture" means to take away forcibly or according to the dictionary: A seizing by violence; Transport; ecstasy; violence of a pleasing passion; extreme joy or pleasure.

First of all, when quoting scripture, stick with one Bible, as in the Authorized Version so no one gets confused as is the case when multiple bible versions are used.

Second, there is clearly the teaching of the rapture in the Bible, just not the actual word "rapture" itself. But that is completely irrelevant as the term rapture was coined in order to express the idea of Christ calling his church (those who have accepted Jesus Christ as God and savior from sin and hell) out of the world to be with him.

Third, there is more than one rapture in the Bible, ranging from:
Enoch in Genesis 5:21-23,
Elijah in 2 Kings 2:11,
The church age Christians (the one in question) as found in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18, Revelation 4:1 (a type of the rapture, as the church is not mentioned anymore after this verse),
Tribulation saints (those saved during the seven year tribulation) found in Revelation 7:13-14, and,
The two witnesses’ during the tribulation (most likely Moses and Elijah) found in Revelation 11:3-12 with verse 12 being the key verse that goes right in line with Revelation 4:1. Rightly dividing the word of truth, thy word is truth.

So just here is six raptures easily identified for anyone with any sort of spiritual discernment, with at least one more rapture that I cannot remember at the moment, making seven, the complete and perfect number. (I think its Moses body found in Jude 1:9)

Now what gets real interesting is just what exactly Christians job will be in Heaven, the millennium and eternity...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

Tell you what else is in the bible? Immature moral and ethical teachings of MAN, not GOD:-

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

I personally like the last one, basically states that if you follow another religion, you're preaching false prophecy and that you should not live.

God's a nice chap.

Quite like the Book of Enoch though, interesting. Not the word of God though, maybe Aliens (at most) ROFL.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricLintScD
You fall under the category of seriously delusional.

There is no delusion my friend. You simply have a different view than I, or rather you interpret you view differently than I would. There is nothing wrong with this. You are free to interpret your view any way you wish. It is your free will ya know.

If it brings you joy, peace, and love for all, keep your interpretation. If it does not, I only offer you a glimpse of my own because I want you to have those things.

Judge not, love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

What do you think IAMIAM?

The gentleman's arguments are sound my friend. I do not discount evolution. However, for there to be evolution there most be something to evolve from. Whether it be apes, lizards, or even simply single celled organisms that banded together for their common well fare, there has to be an intelligent process by which it all moves forward in time. The Bible is just a snapshot of human understanding. It is not the beginning, for the intellect of Man hadn't uncovered the beginning at that point, nor is it the end, for we are still here. It is just a snapshot of what the scientist of the day (Prophets) uncovered about our reality.

The Quran is a retelling of the Biblical texts, but altered to give Islamic cultural identity to the scripture. The Torah similarly is an adaptation of Oral history written to tell the tale with Hebrew identity. There is some history there, specific to the tribes of Judea, but there is more that has been picked up along the way from many tribes. The story has been retold been various tribes all over the earth, always reflecting that tribes cultural identity. What you won't see written in these tales, is life before Man. In the beginning of the story telling, it was an inconceivable notion.

You know my stance, I don't care if you believe in God or not. It is just a word that by true definition is indefinable anyway. What I care about is how you treat your fellow man, and this existence (which we all know we can do much better).

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

young age

Oh and i feel bring up the age of a person is irrelevant in discourse or debate. Arguments don't have an age.

You misunderstand me my friend. You know me long enough to know I don't take cheap shots at any one.

When I said young age, I meant our collective young age. Man has not been exploring this existence for very long. The age of the Universe is beyond human comprehension. Realitively speaking, we are all babies, none of us know the absolute answers to anything.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

You could have quoted much more damning verses than you did here, what you referenced is old testament Jewish law. We are talking about the rapture, a Christian believe, thus your post is off topic.

Always remember, the Holy Bible is primarily a history book in content....

P.s. please quote from one Bible and not multiple versions, it only gets confusing. Stick with the Authorized one.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

Oh i know, i can evening quote immoral teachings from the New Testament.

Most of the alledgedly "Historical" documentation in the Bible is contradictory and so far many of the claims have no evidence to found them.

Whether you believe old testament or not, this supernatural being sacrificed his own son. Vicarious redemption is the most immoral preaching i have ever read, well maybe the threat of eternal damnation, or perhaps Jihad and Matyrdom, but that's a different religion, and i am off topic.

Good luck with the Rapture.
edit on 8/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I was never to make fun of anyone. I know better than that. You cannot force your beliefs down anyone's throats. That doesn't work.
What about our planet? History also tells us about this place called Atlantis, for example, and other stuff.
Don't you wanna learn about the truth? I guess I would like to evolve differently.
I have absolutely nothing against Jesus, or the idea of a messiah, but the whole idea is somehow confusing to me. It's not very specific.
I hope people don't die.
edit on 8-1-2011 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Anyone should be willing to entertain an idea or listen to someone who claims they have a truth, i think people should appreciate the value of evidence and reason though, before subscribing blindly. This should still stand true with religious belief. False hope is not something i would wish upon anyone.
edit on 8/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

I second this. I think I'd rather be left behind than have to spend an eternity with the God of the Old Testament.

:shudders:

good for you, maybe you'll like to spend all of eternity suffocating in sulfur, burning in pain surrounded by demons who hate your guts wishing for a death that will never come.

don't speak out of ignorance.

you ask for proof, yet you don't listen to the people who have first hand knowledge of God, who have experienced His visions, felt His grace, wept of His forgiveness, shamed of His mercy and comforted by His love. there are literally millions of stories like these.

right now you fell protected by your true masters, but the day always comes when they run away and abandon you. just ask any member of the mafia rotting in prison.

i guarantee you if nuclear missiles are headed towards your city you'll feel i fear that you never knew existed, maybe if you ever experience such a fear you'll change your arrogant attitude.
edit on 8-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
good for you, maybe you'll like to spend all of eternity suffocating in sulfur, burning in pain surrounded by demons who hate your guts wishing for a death that will never come.

My friend,

You only reinforce others resistance to the truth by using fear and superstition to accentuate your point. This is speaking out of ignorance as well, and NOT what Christ taught.

When Christ taught he used simple parables which illustrated the truth that all Man can see with their eyes. He did not have to use superstition and fear, neither should you. His lessons were of love for your fellow Man and caring for each other. If you learned his lessons and let them reflect in your life, you too could be the beacon of light he was, and not have to succumb to the darkness of fear and superstition.

Heaven is right before our eyes. We have been given an incredible gift in this existence. We just have to work together, love one another, and make it so.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

My friend,

You only reinforce others resistance to the truth by using fear and superstition to accentuate your point. This is speaking out of ignorance as well, and NOT what Christ taught.

When Christ taught he used simple parables which illustrated the truth that all Man can see with their eyes. He did not have to use superstition and fear, neither should you. His lessons were of love for your fellow Man and caring for each other. If you learned his lessons and let them reflect in your life, you too could be the beacon of light he was, and not have to succumb to the darkness of fear and superstition.

Heaven is right before our eyes. We have been given an incredible gift in this existence. We just have to work together, love one another, and make it so.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

ever heard of tough love.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

ever heard of tough love.

Tough love is for tyrants wishing to impose their will on others, and is NOT love at all. Did Christ use tough love to spread his message? No, he died rather than harm a soul.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 8-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I honestly think God is an alien (or alien race) that will abduct the Christians and some Muslims, Jews, or really any good people, so long as they have denied the RFID chip in their bodies. God/Yahweh may very well be a different name for the benevolent aliens that watch over us.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonTsia

Cool story bro, a possibility. The Book of Enoch has some bizarre accounts. It certainly doesn't prove the existence of a supernatural deity, but they are interesting words nonetheles.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonTsia
I honestly think God is an alien (or alien race) that will abduct the Christians and some Muslims, Jews, or really any good people, so long as they have denied the RFID chip in their bodies. God/Yahweh may very well be a different name for the benevolent aliens that watch over us.

My friend,

Lets look at this logically.

If there are aliens what created them?

If there are aliens, do they fit the description of God, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omni-benevolent?

God is everything in existence as a whole. It is the great unknown. It is the mystery we all pursue in our existence.

If there are aliens and they do watch over us, they more fit the description of Angels than of God.

We have enough superstition and falsehoods in respects to the creator of all. We really do not need more. The danger of assuming Aliens are God is that should they appear, well what have you got left to discover. Bow down and worship them and your quest for truth is over. Sadly you will have missed out on the opportunity to learn even more. It's the same as when the Jews worshipped the Golden Calf. Their search was over, they turned their eyes from God, this existence, and the quest for knowing more about it.

Never be satisfied! God is infinite.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Also, do animals get to go to this super special rapture/heaven place? Or they not good enough?

Sadly, no, pets don't go to heaven.

But we heathens can help take care of them when their masters are whisked up to paradise for a better view of the carnage the "God of love" will bestow upon us.

eternal-earthbound-pets.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

the Good old God of the Gaps IAMIAM, i thought you were no better.

Surely your stance comes from Pantheism. Everytime new knowledge is discovered in regards to nature and reality you simply just infer the mystery of "GOD". God becomes a label for everything, tell me the need for this? When we have the word Everything.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by strato

I starred you because indeed it is somewhat like an '___' trip.

However it is far more powerful indeed when you pry open your third eye and experience more...the similarity to the '___' trip is that your mind can barely comprehend the amazing new realities.

'___' would be a much closer feeling, i have now done both, and so should you.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So let me begin, Who? What? Where? Why? and When? See Im not insane, in fact im kind of rational. When you all are asking who is more dramatical? This one or that one, the white one(christians) or the black one(muslims). Pick the punk(religious fanatic sheeple) Ill step up to attack one. Lets look at all religions from the east to the west in from the north to the south in our recorded history. They all share similar stories from the begining of man to a flood and cleansing to some sort of heaven and a return of G O D. As long ago as summeria to our present day oddities and sects. I think we can safely say until now nothing has happened (lol on thats a long brb). Anywho lets say there is a greater being. when He She or They comeback, it will be he she or them who chooses who gets raptured. so continue to live your life as you see fit and if you get picked then you will be lucky or unlucky because then you will go and serve your G O D for eternity. Ha Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha, He He He, Mu Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join