It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture awaits you Christians.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
2 honest questions:

How does it feel?

The rapture was AWESOME!

First, my eyes were opened and I saw things I never saw before. Simple things like how magnificent this existence is. I saw the infinite variety of life in all its glory. The countless stars in the sky, the various climates of this planet, the many many species of plants and insects. Even ants, God could have created an ant, but NO he is a show off! He created over twelve hundred different varieties! Every day I wake, I am raptured again.

What's more is once raptured, my veil of judgement was pulled from my eyes. I saw everyone for the beautiful human being they are. I fell in love with my fellow man all over again. Sure, they make mistakes, mainly how they treat each other and this wonderful creation, but we are still babies learning about this place.

It is lonely, I will admit that. Guess what though, more and more are being raptured every day! I see it happening everyday right here on ATS!

We have a wonderful existence. We just have a lot of cleaning up and sharing to do.

Where do you think your going?

I went to heaven my friend, and I never left this life.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 7-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

I want what you have!...How totally Awesome!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The whole Idea of the Rapture is taken from one or two lines in the bible and is a mis interpretation of the true meaning, but makes for a good story though.

I personally think that the "rapture" Idea was purposely spread to get christians to just sit back and let the government do there evil deeds thinking that God will just take them so they don't have to be slaves like everyone else.

Personally If the Rapture is real, and will soon be upon us, I think many many "Christians" will be surprised when they are "left behind" because, to be honest, I see the majority of Christians as very selfish and self righteous.

I myself am a Christian, but have always found it hard to belong to any specific church. I also find it amazing how churches can judge someone based on there own beliefs and not according to the bible.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I read that part of the "alien agenda" is a fake rapture. I call it the "secret rapture." Because it's nowhere to be found in the Bible. According to the Bible Christ is coming back, on the seventh trump, I can't find anyplace in there where it says he's coming back on the first trump. I get the feeling that a lot of these people waiting for the rapture are going to mistake the anti-Christ for the real Messiah and sell everybody down the river.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The concept of the Rapture was revealed to the world by the Bible, but it's misunderstood most of the times. The Rapture will not be only for us, christians. We don't know who is in the list and who don't. This will probably be decided by how important you can be for the next humanity after the Tribulation, when our society will replace all religions for a new personal relation with The Divinity we call God.

Making jokes about this, shows only ignorance and fear. The Rapture will happen regardless how much you laugh or cry. Insulting christians won't help you, romans did that long time ago, they are not here anymore, we are still here.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I can honestly say that no rapture is going to come now, or in the near future.

In fact, the Andromeda is on a collision course with the Milky Way, ultimately causing destruction and chaos, destroying life, devastating solar systems.

I ask you, why is your God willing to let this happen?

Also, do animals get to go to this super special rapture/heaven place? Or they not good enough?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Trueman

I ask you, why is your God willing to let this happen?

All your questions are well expresed in that one. The problem is that you're asking the wrong person. I'm not God, I don't know His reasons. I don't have a mind the size of God's mind. To understand God will take become One with Him, like Jesus.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

If you don't know his reasons etc. How do you know "he" is even there?

Arn't you just simply labelling nature and the universe as GOD?

If "he" does exist, he certainly moves in mysterious ways; aids, birth defects, 99.8% of all species becoming extinct, only those lucky enough have survived. planets colliding, black holes eating stars.

I'd say even if God existed, i would refuse to worship him, just because he is creator doesn't automatically guarantee respect.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If god was real, he's created an evil monstrosity, why would i worship somebody like that, i do find rather funny though that if you ask a christian a difficult question, their way out of it is usually "you have to ask god that question".

Even though i respect the belief of religion, i think a lot of people are going to be very very upset when they find the truth.
edit on 8-1-2011 by EricLintScD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

If you don't know his reasons etc. How do you know "he" is even there?

Arn't you just simply labelling nature and the universe as GOD?

If "he" does exist, he certainly moves in mysterious ways; aids, birth defects, 99.8% of all species becoming extinct, only those lucky enough have survived. planets colliding, black holes eating stars.

I'd say even if God existed, i would refuse to worship him, just because he is creator doesn't automatically guarantee respect.

With all respect, you have questions about the way God acts, but you doubt God exist. I think you believe in God, but you just diagree with Him. I know He is there, I'm 100% sure. Everytime I prayed God He answered me, everytime. He never comes to take the credit for His miracles,but I know It was Him.

The only ways I know you can find your answer are praying, meditating and serving others in need.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I completely disagree, i do not believe in God, it's a presumption, i'm not saying God definetly does not exist, but it would be unwise to say he DOES for a fact.

Again, if you referring to God as the universe and natue itself then you are coming from a Pantheistic stance, which is simply a labelling act.

Every time we discover new knowledge about reality and the universe, the pantheist simply expands the definition/scope of God.

I can seriously say, if God did exist, i wouldn't worship him, i am yet to find any persuasive argument for why anyone should; scripture and doctrine comes from the mind of man, not God.

For if scripture was truly the word of God, why would we have to evolve the moral and ethical teachings, why didn't "GOD" explicitly condemn slavery? Why did he commit genocide of all humans for the "sins" of a few?
edit on 8/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EricLintScD

I completely agree except the part about "respecting" religious belief.

Would you respect me if i worship a teapot that orbits the sun? You can't prove it doesn't exist btw, there's no way to do it.

Respect is earned, not given. i will, however, respond to religious beliefs in polite discourse, and with logical arguments.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

2 honest questions:

How does it feel?

The rapture was AWESOME!

First, my eyes were opened and I saw things I never saw before. Simple things like how magnificent this existence is. I saw the infinite variety of life in all its glory. The countless stars in the sky, the various climates of this planet, the many many species of plants and insects. Even ants, God could have created an ant, but NO he is a show off! He created over twelve hundred different varieties! Every day I wake, I am raptured again.

What's more is once raptured, my veil of judgement was pulled from my eyes. I saw everyone for the beautiful human being they are. I fell in love with my fellow man all over again. Sure, they make mistakes, mainly how they treat each other and this wonderful creation, but we are still babies learning about this place.

It is lonely, I will admit that. Guess what though, more and more are being raptured every day! I see it happening everyday right here on ATS!

We have a wonderful existence. We just have a lot of cleaning up and sharing to do.

Where do you think your going?

I went to heaven my friend, and I never left this life.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 7-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

Sounds like a '___' trip.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

reply to post by EricLintScD

I completely agree except the part about "respecting" religious belief.

Would you respect me if i worship a teapot that orbits the sun? You can't prove it doesn't exist btw, there's no way to do it.

Respect is earned, not given. i will, however, respond to religious beliefs in polite discourse, and with logical arguments.

Yes i would respect your reasons to believe in such thing because everyone is entitled to believe what they want, i respect a persons opinion and belief whether or not i believe it, i do not mean respect in the same way two friends would give respect.

I've done a lot of charity work, in fact i spent 3 years working completely free for disadvantaged people, and i think the whole idea of being punished or sent to the sea of fire or whatever it is for not believing in god is totally atrocious!

edit on 8-1-2011 by EricLintScD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I completely disagree, i do not believe in God, it's a presumption, i'm not saying God definetly does not exist, but it would be unwise to say he DOES for a fact.

Again, if you referring to God as the universe and natue itself then you are coming from a Pantheistic stance, which is simply a labelling act.

Every time we discover new knowledge about reality and the universe, the pantheist simply expands the definition/scope of God.

I can seriously say, if God did exist, i wouldn't worship him, i am yet to find any persuasive argument for why anyone should; scripture and doctrine comes from the mind of man, not God.

I love when you get involved in one of these threads my friend. You cut no slack and can poke wholes in the arguments of those who come unprepared. You do not have to believe in God, you are still one of his most devout followers!

How can I say this?

The Christian, Jew, and Muslim share one thing in common about their idea of God. God is undefinable. Where many of the followers of these faith get lost is they break their own commandment against Idolotry. It's not their fault, we are just babies in this universe.

God cannot be definied. Therefore anything that we say IS God is wrong. It is too great. It is everything in creation and the spirit that energy that moves it. It's not to be worshipped, no just give thanks for being. We do have much to be thankful for that we did not create. The bountiful food supply (when man isn't controling it, the clean water (when man isn't spoiling it), the seasons, everything.

God is the great unkown of everything. As an Atheist, you are constantly searching for him. Your denial only pushes you further to explore and understand him. Without you, man would be stuck worshipping false idols, rocks, wealth, names, books, etc.

For if scripture was truly the word of God, why would we have to evolve the moral and ethical teachings, why didn't "GOD" explicitly condemn slavery? Why did he commit genocide of all humans for the "sins" of a few?

Scripture is just the recorded understanding of God from a specific people through the ages. The Prophets were men of a specific tribe, looking out for the interests of a specific tribe. So, quite naturally they wrote what they thought God would say is best for their tribe. The Prophets are the first deep thinkers of the tribe. They looked at what problems the tribe were having and found solutions in logic and reason. If what we now call a natural disaster occured, it was the prophets who had to have the answers as to why. Today, scientists are our prophets, but the method of thinking is the same as is the responsibility.

God is a loving God. Look at this awesome creation we have to explore. We haven't even scratched the surface. Of course our galaxy will some day be destroyed. Is this a bad thing? Hell no!

God is saying get your asses out there and look around! I made much more for you than earth.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for your kind comments about my involvement, to further explain my point of view with out convoluting my arguments i will refer you to the following video:

What do you think IAMIAM?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
I want what you have!...How totally Awesome!!!

Thank you my friend. If you want what I have, just look around. You have so many things to discover! In just a grain of sand is more wonder than Man has ever unlocked through the ages. It is a point in infinity.

Who do you have that is not here for you to love? Open your hearts to your fellow man, and your family will grow exponentially.

You are a creator, part of the divine spark of this creation. If you want what I have, create it!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You fall under the category of seriously delusional.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Sounds like a '___' trip.

Really my friend? Do you need an '___' trip to appreciate the infinite wonders all around you? Have you grown so judgemental in your young age that you can't appreciate this existence? Look beyond the mess Man has made of things. Look at the natural wonders all around you. Imagine what we have yet to discover. It is up to you my friend. The world is what you make of it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Huh?

Do you need an '___' trip to appreciate the infinite wonders all around you?

I can still appreciate the beauty of reality without the need to invoke the supernatural

Have you grown so judgemental in your young age that you can't appreciate this existence?

Of course i appreciate this existence, again, i don't require "God" to enjoy the wonder of existence. I am never judgemental, i am open minded. I'm willing to entertain possibilities of Aliens, i'm willing to entertain even the possibility of God, but there is no evidence for me to assert myself to that belief (YET)

If evidence is provided irrefutably that GOd exists, i will be happy to renounce my Atheism.

If evidence is provided irrefutably that God does NOT exist, we will still hold the meaning to reality we all have, we will still have to work together to build a just and progressive civlisation.

I'm here to offer my side of the coin, and argument.

Again, i can't prove God does or does not exist, but i'm unwilling to assume. And it certainly seems the "creator" is without care as 99.8% of species on earth becomes exinst, animals are born with birth defects and disease, planets are smashed, solar systems collapsed, supernovas, and collisions of gallaxies, and you think i should "respect" the worship of such an apocolyptic entity that you claim is evident all around me? No thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

young age

Oh and i feel bring up the age of a person is irrelevant in discourse or debate. Arguments don't have an age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join