It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaid Caught Swimming [VIDEO]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
havent seen the video, havent got time, just tell me, is she topless?????

lol It all depends if you wanna see a half human/half fish, dead carcass that's been rotting on the beach which probably is int even real XD
edit on 7-1-2011 by ckrules because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi

Originally posted by ckrules
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

it could be but it looks cool, I also added another video to the top. Check it out

Get to know Juan Cabana if you're interested in Cryptozoology.

ty for the link they are lovely pieces!! I dont know why they always have to look dessicated though, a soggy, rotting dead mermaid would look more realistic
edit on 8-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It would be nice to know why most of you think that short video of a supposed mermaid was of someone in a mermaid suit. None of you gave a reason.

Was it because the reason in every case was merely: "well, we all know that mermaids must be figments of the imagination"?

Or was it because you could not think of an actual scientific reason to reject the video as a hoax, so you hid your inability by shouting that safe disclaimer "hoax!?

I thought people at ATS expressed opinions and judgments that were based upon rational analysis, not solely upon either their intellectual conditioning about what is possible or their need to conform to an orthodox point of view. I guess that I must be wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
how come theres never 'mermans'? also to beleive in mermaids youd have to beleive that some where down the line some lonely fisherman did something unspeakable to a poor fish.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

There was a special on 20/20 about women that have custom tails made and go swimming in the ocean with them. That video clip is from the show. They can dive pretty deep and hold their breath for longer than average, but other than that they are just people. With artificially made mermaid tails.

"mermaids"

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
It would be nice to know why most of you think that short video of a supposed mermaid was of someone in a mermaid suit. None of you gave a reason.

Was it because the reason in every case was merely: "well, we all know that mermaids must be figments of the imagination"?

Or was it because you could not think of an actual scientific reason to reject the video as a hoax, so you hid your inability by shouting that safe disclaimer "hoax!?

I thought people at ATS expressed opinions and judgments that were based upon rational analysis, not solely upon either their intellectual conditioning about what is possible or their need to conform to an orthodox point of view. I guess that I must be wrong.

I couldn't agree with you more!. The reason why I made this thread was because I'm a very open minded person that doesn't reject things just because there based on imagination. Sure, when we think of mermaids, Bigfoot, vampires, werewolves or some other myth, we think fairytale or movie. But if you really think about it, These story's must have originated from somewhere right? Perhaps these things do exist and perhaps they don't but without stating hard evidence, people cant just say they don't exist.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A wise man once said:

...don't be so open minded that your brains fall out...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

There are videos all over youtube of people doing this.
It's not an unknown past-time/hobby. Rather cool, I think...

edit on 8-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
A wise man once said:

...don't be so open minded that your brains fall out...

that has got to be my favourite quote ever

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
To the OP -

What element, exactly, of that video, caused you to believe it was a real video of a real mermaid... so much so that you even posted it here?

I'm serious, and very interested to know.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by daryllyn

There are videos all over youtube of people doing this.
It's not an unknown past-time/hobby. Rather cool, I think...

edit on 8-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

The show I watched on it was pretty cool. I am sure that clip OP posted was actually a snippet from the show I just watched like a month ago. They have to be in REALLY good shape because those tails are super heavy.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
mermaid!!! hahahaha, thats a good one!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

AHAHHAHAHAH props to this guy who posted the merman video, ats has a great sense of humour.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i seen this video before on a thread somewhere and it was said to be a clip from Splash....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
After watching the 20/20 story - you can see the youtube clip in the first minute, frame/ frame almost.

BTW, a Hannah/ Linda-fish sandwich on my mind now.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Also, Fact or Faked did a segment on one such mermaid video.

I'm not too sure about everything that ForF does, but this particular segment was pretty legit.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ckrules

At first i belived that these images were in fact real, but after some looking around on the internet i have found pics of the same ''dead mermaid'' in a different location. she is in the same position witch leads me to belive that she is just a sculpture and is being placed in different locations to fool people to think that this is real.

www.thefeejeemermaid.com...

as for the video of the live mermaid that could also be a fake but am not sure it looks real and i cannot find any evidence to discredit it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Good video.....im not going to say fake or real..

Good none the less..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Good thing you won't have to say whether it's fake or not, since we all already know it's fake.
haha

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The first one IMMEDIATELY made me think of a dugong. As a previous poster said, the video was too short. It was also limited in what it showed; the paddle-like bottom half bears too much resemblance to a variety of sea mammals already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join