It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEDICATION .. PROF., OF MEDICINE SAYS .......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
"If all the medicines in the world were thrown into the sea, it would be bad for the fish and good for humanity" - O.W. Holmes (Prof. of Medicine, Harvard University)

Thought this would be a good opening for discussion: The Medical profession (apart from Surgery and Possibly Antibiotics) cure symptoms not disease. Stop taking the medication and back comes the original symptoms being treated. Keep taking the Medication and you get end up with the side affects of which we are all too aware!

Who Wins? Yes we all know, The Drug Cartels.

I think Prof., Holmes has a very good point but as the Drug Cartels have the world in their pockets - what would happen to the economy if they were all dumped.

I think this is a very relevant topic to be debated as these Cartels are now homing in on the Natural Cures and the Vitamin Industry. Starting with the UK next year.

How do other feel about this?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you throw all of the medications in the water, millions of people would die within a month. I suppose there are quite a few people who want this to happen. The people that are anti-medication have probably never been dependent upon them for their survival.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiseupall

I agree with the quote. Healthy food is the best medicine. I once heard of a pilgrim who was blinded by some kind of poison and wandered through the forest for 3 days until a Native American saw him and figured out what was wrong, went to a river, caught a fish, plucked out its eye and gave it to the pilgrim to eat and suddenly the guys blindness went away. Idk I think it had something to do with the vitamin A in the fish eyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I think this is a very relevant topic to be debated as these Cartels are now homing in on the Natural Cures and the Vitamin Industry. Starting with the UK next year. How do other feel about this?

They are targeting the USA too. You have to read between the lines but it is in the new Food FARCE Law

Sec. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS [Pg. 239 Line 20]
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.

This implements Codex Alimentarius which is based on Napoleonic legal code. Anything that is not explicitly permitted is automatically forbidden. It is designed to control EVERY aspect of how food and nutritional supplements are produced and sold.

NOTICE who FDA lists FIRST when they speak of "International Harmonization"

International Harmonization
www.cfsan.fda.gov...

The harmonization of laws, regulations and standards between and among trading partners requires intense, complex, time-consuming negotiations by CFSAN officials. Harmonization must simultaneously facilitate international trade and promote mutual understanding, while protecting national interests and establish a basis to resolve food issues on sound scientific evidence in an objective atmosphere. Failure to reach a consistent, harmonized set of laws, regulations and standards within the freetrade agreements and the World Trade Organization Agreements can result in considerable economic repercussions.

Participation in Codex Alimentarius
Cosmetics International Activities
International Organizations and Standard-Setting Bodies
International Office of Epizootics
International Plant Protection Convention
World Health Organization
Food and Agricultural Organization
Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA)
Joint Meeting on Pesticide Residues
Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Microbiological Risk Assessments
Pan American Health Organization
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Modern medicine is the absolute worst crap we could ever consume. Next to our degenerative lifestyles, it's probably the next biggest cause for death in people who live in supposed "Advanced" countries. All medicine is in fact an extracted and processed poison.

Doctors are not here to help, they're here to make money, a lot of it.
edit on 7-1-2011 by SinkingSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good post
. When it comes to the pharmaceutical industries it's too open of a market, and there are some boundaries being crossed as some evidence points towards. I'm referencing the industry at large and referring to associates of such industries along with any applicable subdivisions that stem from them. There are some benefits to a small number of medicines we use today, those best would be considered along the lines of antibiotics, to mention one posted originally. In all seriousness, sometimes I view it as taking advantage of firstly, the sick that do truly need such assistance in the form of medicine, and secondly those whom are not more conditioned, (or weak willed, per se) and fall into the category of a certain psychological make up. It's hard to watch those whom have worked through such times and given so much to our country (referring mostly to the elderly), being poorly misled and treated and taken such advantage of medicinally. Some say medical science and pharmacology are doing all they can, and I might agree, but sometimes it seems either they don't know what they're doing, or don't put into action all that they know they can do.
edit on 7-1-2011 by tauschen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
If you throw all of the medications in the water, millions of people would die within a month. I suppose there are quite a few people who want this to happen. The people that are anti-medication have probably never been dependent upon them for their survival.

This is the very problem - We are dependent! GPs control symptoms. What have they cured without surgery or Antibiotics. Do they look at the cause of disease wholistically, yes many do. But they are very busy people with slots for consultations as little as 5 minutes.

We still live with the major killers ie. Heart Disease/Diabetes/Cancer.

Lifestyle choice has a lot to do with it but as long as the Big Boys in the Drugs Industry are in control this will never be correctly addresses.

I don't believe millions would die within months - millions would suffer withdrawl and with a good lifestyle without stress which is the major cause of disease they would find their bodies are more than able to self heal.

The causes of stress as we know are many and are as much a social issue as a medical one but we always devide the two.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinkingSun
Modern medicine is the absolute worst crap we could ever consume. Next to our degenerative lifestyles, it's probably the next biggest cause for death in people who live in supposed "Advanced" countries. All medicine is in fact an extracted and processed poison.

Doctors are not here to help, they're here to make money, a lot of it.
edit on 7-1-2011 by SinkingSun because: (no reason given)

I agree with your first point/para but can't agree with the second - there are some excellent caring Doctors who really got into it because they want to help people but unfortunately they are as caught up in the system as we are.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What's really tragic are the number of people that believe they HAVE to have their medicines. Obamacare is a cruel, ignorant joke. Healthcare? It has nothing to do with healthcare. Insurance is not healthcare. Just money changing hands again. And more money from us, the serfs. While there are no doubt many people who are helped by some pharmaceutical drugs, many people pay alot of money only to be harmed by alot of those same drugs. It's a racket. The reason pharmaceutical drugs have so many side affects is because the main ingredient is ALWAYS GREED. And greed makes people sick. There are so many natural cures available. But Big Pharma doesn't want you to know that because they can't get a patent on something that grows naturally. That's why they have their hatchet men/women....the DEA, FDA, FBI FCC, ATF.Making sure you don't grow your own food or medicine, etc. They ALL work for the same people. And it aint us...the American people. Those alphabet agencies work for Big Pharma and the Banks whether they'll admit it or not. And whether they do or not does not change the facts. Profit is more important then human lives.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Good to hear science standing up to the conflicts of interest and getting to the point. If science cannot maintain its integrity then this whole world is in big trouble. Drugs are a complex topic that needs to be worked out by medical professionals, not accountants.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sadly Medications these days do more harm then good.. Most of them anyways..

There are some good meds out there, like Insulin, and the afore mentioned antibiotics that we need occasionally.

Some pain killers work well, but they are only meant to be an aid, not a lifestyle.

Big Pharma and the FDA do not allow for cures to be brought forth, because it impacts their bottom lines of profit, there is NO profit in CURING a "disease".

If GREED was not the motivation, we'd all be better off in all aspects.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiseupall
"If all the medicines in the world were thrown into the sea, it would be bad for the fish and good for humanity" - O.W. Holmes (Prof. of Medicine, Harvard University)

That was said about one hundred and seventy years ago.... so it does not apply today!

Stop taking the medication and back comes the original symptoms being treated.

Very wrong, for most people stop taking the medication and you will die, or get much sicker!

How do other feel about this?

a lot of rubbish.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Do the research Dereks and check it out yourself.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It's good to see many people are finding out the truth - but the truth is sickening in itself. Take care you folks - I'm off to Bed down in NZ it's nearly one in the morning.

This does need highlighting more.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

saw all the screaming thaught i would drop in
cheers,
edit on 8-1-2011 by Robbo2006 because: no need for the screaming

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robbo2006

saw all the screaming thaught i would drop in
cheers,
edit on 8-1-2011 by Robbo2006 because: no need for the screaming

Hi Robbo just said I'm off to bed now - I've done all the researching I can take for now . Stay well!

new topics

top topics

join