It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piss on you Freemason’s!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
nobody would want his entrails. They are probably pickled.

He is probably just sitting back, wishing he knew what good sweet tea tasted like.

Uh-huh. Well when I give the Grand Flailing Sign I need to use both hands. How about you Mr. Tough Guy Tea Drinker?

(this really has degenerated into a pissing contest)
edit on 11-1-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I fail in english
Pea is a vegetable, not the act of urinating (Peeing)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Interesting Post, Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
I fail in english
Pea is a vegetable, not the act of urinating (Peeing)

For what it is worth, I got it.

It was not hard to understand although you might want to work on your diction.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

(this really has degenerated into a pissing contest)
edit on 11-1-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

at least it's not off topic.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I think it would be pretty hard to get off topic in a thread about a giant peeing statue.

I hope the ATS PTB don't get ticked off about the title of this thread, what with their call for civility and decorum in the wake of that shooting. It may sound like a trolling title but, you have to admit, it does accurately reflect the content of this thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I hope the ATS PTB don't get ticked off about the title of this thread, what with their call for civility and decorum in the wake of that shooting. It may sound like a trolling title but, you have to admit, it does accurately reflect the content of this thread.

I am sure that there will not be a probelm as long as you do not get cocky.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

you sir, are a very punny man.

corny too.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Calder originally wanted the statue facing South so the sun would show the intricate details he had put into the face but, the city had other plans:

Calder wished the statue to face south so that its face would be lit by the sun most of the day, all the better to reveal the details that he had included in the work. The statue actually faces northeast, towards Penn Treaty Park in the Fishtown section of the city, which commemorates the site where William Penn signed a treaty with the local Native American tribe. Beyond Penn Treaty Park is Pennsbury Manor, Penn's country home in Bucks County. Yet another version for why the statue pointed generally north instead of south is that it was the current (1894) architect's method of showing displeasure with the style of the work; that by 1894 it was not in the current, popular Beaux-Arts style; that it was out of date even before it was placed on top of the building.

Wikipedia

For whatever reason, either to have old Billy face his home or because someone decided the statue was too old fashioned to see the light of day, the statue was not placed as the sculptor wished. I wonder if he had time to change the statue to show his displeasure?

Its also possible that someone with an axe to grind against the Mason's (or maybe it's the Methodist Episcopalians) noticed how the statue looked from that angle and made the change in orientation using the treaty signing as their lame excuse.

Heck, it could all be just a big coincidence having to do with Billy's hand being positioned at waist level. Back in the days it was built, nobody probably thought twice about it but, today with everybody with sex on the mind, seeing something sticking out at waist level automatically brings such imagery to mind.

It could be that it really isn't even shaped that much like a penis and its just our modern, dirty minds making us perceive it as such.
edit on 3/11/11 by FortAnthem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

That was really funny man, S+F fo reals yo!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Brings a whole new meaning to The City of Brotherly Love eh?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
According to some, that’s his hand sticking out at waist level, others say it’s a pair of gloves or a treaty he signed with the Indians. My eyes aren’t sharp enough to tell what it is exactly from ground level and I’m not about to go climbing up there to find out either.

According to this picture, its his hand in a ruffled sleeve shirt:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b8b305ce6a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Haha... Just saw this thread for the first time.

You're all nuts!

At least everyone's taking you all with a pinch of salt, and not whacking you around. In any other thread, you'd be beaten by the mods.

Well, it's refreshing to have a thread that's not so stiff for a change.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, I spent the last few days in PA and it was a great time. I dropped by the Masonic Temple (across the street from City Hall) and took a tour. It is a spectacular building if any of you have a chance to tour it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Well, I spent the last few days in PA and it was a great time. I dropped by the Masonic Temple (across the street from City Hall) and took a tour. It is a spectacular building if any of you have a chance to tour it.

The Egyptian and Gothic rooms were my favorite. Very impressive architecture throughout the structure.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

You didn't get pissed on by any statues while you were there, did you?

BTW, did you check out the occupy Philly folks while you were there? What was your impression of them? One of the local radio talk show guys constantly refers to them as "urine soaked hippies" but, I have the feeling that the smell is coming from City Hall and not the protestors.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

The Gothic was my favorite, but I really like them all.

Nope, no peeing on this Mason

I did not see any glimpse of them. Wherever they were they weren't too noticeable.
edit on 30-10-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Adios Philadelphia!! I saw the sites, sat with the Bros. of PA, and I didn't get peed on. I'd call that a successful trip. I didn't even let the traffic on the turnpike get the best of me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join