It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATER FLUORIDATION GRINDS MY GEARS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This topic really -erks- me. The government has NO RIGHT to put crap in MY water. If somebody wants fluoride in their water then GREAT! LET -THEM- PUT IT IN THEIR OWN DAMN WATER. But don't force the WHOLE POPULATION TO DRINK IT! Just because a few people don't take good care of their teeth doesn't mean that the whole population should be punished. And they say that it prevents cavities...well guess what else prevents cavities? TOOTH FRICKEN PASTE! And don't tell me that poor people can't afford toothpaste..I work at a damn food pantry and we have boxes full of the stuff just sitting there waiting to be given out. No poor people EVER ask for it though!
.. . And they say that only large amounts of fluoride is not harmful. HOW MANY STUDIES HAVE THE GOVERNMENT DONE TO PROVE THAT!? Even if they could prove it, I -STILL- don't want to consume fluoride, because it's -my- fricken body! The same way some people choose not to go through airport scanners to avoid radiation, I should have the option to NOT BE POISONED!!!!!!!!!!!!... I can choose what I put into my body, the government CANNOT- THIS is infringing on MY rights!@! even if they THINK it's for my own good. They STILL should not be forcing people to drink it!!! But I don't have a choice now do i? because I'm forced to drink public water until I can get a bloody expensive water filter. And what an inconvenience that is. AARRGGGHHH, I'm moving to Canada.
edit on 7-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

europe would be a better place because they don't have flouride on the water. Canada, Australia does

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Slapping the dang idiots we call a government in the back of the head and MAKE them fix it would be the best solution, but thats not gonna happen. Come to think about it, theres about 14 other areas they need to get the hell out of as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Bottled water only usually has about 0.3 ppm of fluoride ion so just buy bottled water man .

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Bottled water only usually has about 0.3 ppm of fluoride ion so just buy bottled water man .

Unfortunately I don't have cash flying out of my pockets. I wish I did.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Hon, can't you just make your own distilled water and be merry? You could always visit the local water store that sells water filtered by reverse osmosis. But you'd have to haul your plastic jugs to get the water.
edit on 2011-1-08 by pikypiky because: To correct for spelling and grammar.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
We have a well I can't get there water even if I want it. Wal-mart does sell distiled water for 99 cents a gallon last time I checked though.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

You can get home reverse osmosis filters, and they're cheeper than most home water filter systems/softeners. For 250 of our english pounds, you can get a home filter system. 50 quid a year on top of that for the filters. You can pay more, but that's the best price I've been able to find. You can also get travel kits, which just attatch to the taps, they're even cheeper still.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I'm unemployed atm, I just don't have the extra money to spend on a water filter. as soon as I can I will though. it's just a pain that the government is such an inconvenience. it should be the opposite...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

How do you make distilled water?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
basically boil the water and the condensed steam is distilled water

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We agree with the OP........If you want it add it yourself. We are getting a reverse osmosis filter system put in next month and can't wait to try it. Distilled water still has the fluoride in it and only reverse osmosis will remove it and some other nasty stuff like copper,nickle,mercury, lead, and so on.
We are talking filtering in the Microns which is very small particles indeed.
Here in Canada our system will cost $800.00 bucks installed and supply up to 75 Gallons per day of pure clean water for drinking and cooking.
Fluoride in concentrated doses is just as fatal as any intentional poison such as Arsenic or whatever your poisoning pleasure may be.

Did you know that fluoride is a slag left over from the production of products like tin-foil and tin duct works and such?
I think we all know that Aluminum Is a very good contender for playing a part in mental illness as google will tell you so.
Well this slag (Fluoride) if it was not added to our water supplies would have to be disposed of as a Hazardous waste either in a special land fill or incinerated in a special incinerator.

Just think HAZ MAT and thats your tap water in most cities in North America!

Star and flag for a good rant :-)
Regards, Iwinder and wife too!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

That's pretty disgusting. I'm still drinkng tap and trying not to think about it. Soon I will get a reverse osmosis filter...sometimes I wonder if I can attribute my bad memory to fluoride...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't drink tap water no more after living in a house with water that smelled like rotten eggs and had tiny rust particles in it and considering i had to take a shower in it but thankfully never drank the stuff and the new place now the water is better but still i don't want fluoride in my body. From time to time i drink a bottle of water but not as much as i should first gotta quit drinking that pop ..

Like hell this stuff is good for peoples teeth more like make them brittle and kill you slowly in the process ..
edit on 13-1-2011 by PS3Geek because: To correct a spelling error ..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you are wondering how fluoride can screw you up Just Google " fluoride and the third eye" don't laugh till you do a little reading.
My wife is a fully certified Yoga instructor and she is responsible for getting me reading up on this toxic waste that they add to our drinking water.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Try the PUR water filter. Removes the fluoride. Or get a cheaper faucet version.

Also, 60% of the country is still on well water, no fluoridation.

Though I agree that I don't think fluoride is good for you, but there are ways around it.

The reason its not illegal? 250 million lawsuits if the government were to come out and say it was bad for you.
edit on 17-1-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join