It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Officials Recommend Reduced Fluoride Levels in Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

U.S. Officials Recommend Reduced Fluoride Levels in Water

www.businessweek.com

FRIDAY, Jan. 7 (HealthDay News) -- U.S. government officials said Friday that the amount of fluoride in the nation's drinking water should now be set at the lowest recommended level.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This year I've become concerned with the fluoride content in everything from my drinking water, to my toothpaste, and processed foods and drinks.

Personally I'm mostly concerned with the water. I've read many quotes by health officials who have condemned mass-medicating the public through the water supply - which is what fluoridating the water is. The only reason it is allowed is because fluoride was in use prior to 1938, and has, therefore, a grandfather exemption from the Food and Drug Act.

I'm glad they're at least lowering the amount we are forced to consume. Hopefully this will spread awareness about the dangers of fluoride to humans, and will be one step towards de-fluoriding the water supply.

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here:

Fluoride thread

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I am definitely not denying the evidence nor am i condoning the use of fertilizer production waste as a supplement for humans but i think that for the majority of my life i have been drinking fluoridated water and i don't to suffer any of the ill effects that have surfaced over the past few years. they say spending time out in the sun will cleanse your pineal gland of the fluoride buildup and i do quite a bit of that hence looking 5 years older than i am. i have never had a cavity in 25 years. being submissive, docile, dumbed down... i dont know if i fit any of those. either that or i am oblivious. either way i think it would be a good thing to reduce or eliminate fluoride in drinking water

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serenity08
This is already being discussed here:

Fluoride thread

Similar thread, but that one was posted 6 days ago on Saturday about the government saying there is too much fluoride in water, and this one was posted today about the new guidelines the government created today to reduce that fluoride amount. Since the decree was created today, a post about this decree being enacted couldn't exist before today... I saw your comment on the other one and starred it, though. If a mod decides to merge these threads that's fine with me; I used the search function and found nothing about 'reduce fluoride'.
edit on 7-1-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its a step in the correct direction but I would eliminate fluoride all-together. I am not sure if it really dumbs down the population at all as some say it does, but its possible. In any case I see no good reason for fluoride in water.

Having fluoride in toothpaste however is a different matter and probably necessary to reduce cavities. It was the unnecessary american overkill strategy that annoyed me and made me suspicious of a conspiracy...nothing to do with communism though!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just some morsels to contemplate, people; the flouride in your toothpaste and the flouride in your water are not one and the same; flouride will prevent cavities if used in a proper daily oral regimen; however, the flouride in municipal water treatment is in no way shape or form the same compound, but if one chooses to research the material, it is the same exact formula used by Nazi Germany in the concentration camps.

And I do agree, it needs to be removed from water treatment and banned; totally. But then again this comes from the same groups that use mercury(thimerasol) as a serum preservative in the vaccines they give to children.

seeker

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Well afaik fluoride in its natural state is a gas, so how exactly is the fluoride used in water different than the fluoride used in toothpaste and mouthwash? I am of the opinion that the over-consumption of fluoride IS the problem!

As for brushing your teeth 3 times a day? That is really, really, really silly!!! I tend to smoke 1-2 packs of cigarretes a day and if I were to brush that often I would have no teeth or gums to speak off. Brushing your teeth 1-2 times a week is plenty but to each his/her own. The old timers didn't brush their teeth at all and they didn't loose their teeth till they reached 50+. Something to think of....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Well afaik fluoride in its natural state is a gas, so how exactly is the fluoride used in water different than the fluoride used in toothpaste and mouthwash? I am of the opinion that the over-consumption of fluoride IS the problem!

As for brushing your teeth 3 times a day? That is really, really, really silly!!! I tend to smoke 1-2 packs of cigarretes a day and if I were to brush that often I would have no teeth or gums to speak off. Brushing your teeth 1-2 times a week is plenty but to each his/her own. The old timers didn't brush their teeth at all and they didn't loose their teeth till they reached 50+. Something to think of....
Friend, here are some links to several threads that may provide you with more information; however, I didn't recommend brushing 3 times a day, now, did I ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here are a few about the Nazi's and flouride

plus there are many more...

seeker

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
Friend, here are some links to several threads that may provide you with more information; however, I didn't recommend brushing 3 times a day, now, did I ?

I was not trying to put words in your mouth but I apologise if you took it that way. I simply used your post as a pedestal to attack the status&quo that likes to preach falsehoods to kids and grown-ups alike. Thanks for the links!

new topics

top topics

join