It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 pigeons found dead on farm near Quebec City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
More bird deaths just reported . montreal.ctv.ca...

SAINT-AUGUSTIN-DE-DESMAURES — Reports of dead birds falling from the sky have made headlines across the world this week.

Now police and wildlife officials are investigating a similar mystery near Quebec City after a farmer found 80 pigeons on his property.

Sylvain Turmel told CTV Montreal's Kai Nagata he finds the whole thing unsettling.

"I opened the door and there were 25 pigeons on the ground," he said Thursday.

Turmel said the pigeons flapped their wings for a while, then died.

Over the past three weeks, Turmel said that almost every day a few more pigeons have dropped out of the sky onto his property in Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures.

There are no obvious signs of physical trauma on these birds.

Wildlife officers have taken five birds to an animal pathology lab in Quebec City for further testing.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What a blow for them.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
omg .. its happening in quebec to

i will start looking outside for dead birds
im near Montreal

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
More bird deaths just reported . montreal.ctv.ca...

SAINT-AUGUSTIN-DE-DESMAURES — Reports of dead birds falling from the sky have made headlines across the world this week.

Now police and wildlife officials are investigating a similar mystery near Quebec City after a farmer found 80 pigeons on his property.

Sylvain Turmel told CTV Montreal's Kai Nagata he finds the whole thing unsettling.

"I opened the door and there were 25 pigeons on the ground," he said Thursday.

Turmel said the pigeons flapped their wings for a while, then died.

Over the past three weeks, Turmel said that almost every day a few more pigeons have dropped out of the sky onto his property in Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures.

There are no obvious signs of physical trauma on these birds.

Wildlife officers have taken five birds to an animal pathology lab in Quebec City for further testing.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

There is speculation that someone has poisoned them. news.nationalpost.com...

Quebec City police are also investigating to determine if a criminal act could be responsible for the pigeons’ sudden deaths.

Read more: news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

do they said .. that the bird were hit by something like in some US cities

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

There has always been dead birds......They used to blame the feed people leave in their gardens. Just search for dead birds and put a year...you will see.. The media has picked up on the story and is spreading their fear.....You are providing more fuel to the fire.
If I am wrong and its the end of the world well then I apologise ....but that wouldn't matter now would it??
Regards

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

www.torontosun.com...

“The cause right now isn’t known,” said Nicolas Begin. “It’s not related to what happened in the U.S. (But) we don’t see this sort of thing every day and we’re treating this as a serious matter.”
He has picked theses dead birds up in two incidents starting on Dec 18th

In Quebec, firefighters and police visited Turmel’s property to check for fumes or criminal activity. Wildlife officials assured him the birds weren’t killed by the avian flu or the West Nile virus, but he’s been wary about touching them without gloves.

He said wildlife officials took seven of the dead birds for analysis and told him not to speak with the media. Still, the feisty landowner called a local radio station to recount the incident.

“There’s something going on,” he said. “This is not normal.”

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This stuff happened on december 17th. I heard the guy who discovered it over the radio saying he didn't care until he saw dead birds all over the news.
[Tinfoil] Also, he said that the autorities told him not to talk about this to the media [/Tinfoil]

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

I am with you, I am sure there are logical and natural reasons these and other birds have died. It is still an interesting story though so that's why I posted it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I wonder how many other people that have discovered dead birds have been told not to speak to the media? Go figure!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
birds and fish dying everywhere in the world by hundred of thousand .. is no coincidence

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I wonder how many other people that have discovered dead birds have been told not to speak to the media? Go figure!!

That did strike me as rather odd, however I can only imagine they wanted to avert panic in the region.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Not to speak to the medis,why not? if they are thinking this a natural die off rhen why would they care who spoke to the media,trying to think of a good explanation fireworks anyone?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

IMO they only wanted to avoid the kind of $&?%storm like what actually going on the the media. It is probably only some guy ,tired of pigeon crap on his roof/car, that decided to get rid of those flying rats with poison. It happen a lot.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

I think this story ( that wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow two weeks ago) shows how the media and Internet work. Its a interesting example of how if you look hard enough you can make something from nothing. Its jurnalistic alchemy. Hacks are actually getting paid for this.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

This media crazyness is the result of media centralisation IMO. It's the same phenomenon that brought Joe the plumber to fame. Kinda like an avalanche of BS.

new topics

top topics

join