It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Muslims defend Christians with their Lives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

I was hit with a mortar round
NT

Nice one.

I bet you hate the lying turds who tricked you into making the mistake of going over there.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I agree 100%. There was a post yesterday regarding protesters in pakistan demanding that a Christian woman be put to death for blasphemy. It was noted by people with their eyes open that we never see any of these peace loving muslims standing up against this so called 'minority' of extremists.

This post today seemed a little convenient. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is great news when Muslims and Christians stand united. Imagine how the msm will spin this. This needs to dominate the news coverage and erase alot of mistruths.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It is a beautiful thing, now let's follow suit on forums.
edit on 113131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I will not make a judgment call on anything that has been said in these last 4 pages. So, I will say only what I have observed on the subject.

I do not question that the Muslims were showing solidarity with their fellow Egyptians....but they were making a point as well...both poor and wealthy...standing together as a show of strength, despite their Religious beliefs. This is a beginning...and what the World needs is more beginnings...with enough follow through, surprise...guess what just happened?

To the fellow that felt it was necessary to enlighten us with his "qualifications" during his time with the military, sad to say, it was your choice in the first place to go. You and a bunch of others bought into the hype, it is you who is responsible for what has happened to you. I have no need to know your "qualifications"....if you and the others were fighting for PEACE and doing so intelligently, I may show more respect...as it stands, it is my hope that more of you make the opposite choice and refuse to join in the murder spree. Just because your buddies want to put their life in harm's way, loose what freedoms they have left, and become the total PROPERTY of Uncle Sam, kill and be expected to become a "machine" about it, doesn't mean you have to.

In conclusion...fighting for peace can be done in many ways....one does not need to draw blood to do it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I feel really happy when I read things like that...
Unity is important for the world, I'm really happy when I hear about people who don't want that war and the "Us vs. Them" mentality anymore, people who want to live in peace with their brothers...
Thank God/Allah/Buddah/Jehova and Darwin.
edit on 8-1-2011 by ZaphBot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A beautiful act of peace and understanding.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
To the naysayers, I think the majority of people want to look for the end of the rainbow, and cling to a brighter future.

WE are just looking for peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I can only say, take an example.burrie the past. We are living right now, here and we are one nation, one world. Humanity.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

WE have a mosque in our town, it has been here for years, it burned down and with the help of the Christian and Jewish community they help rebuild it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Oh the hypocrisy...

A thousand men in a Muslim nation become violent and spew hate and evil and it's "They are not indicative of Muslims, your a bigot!"

Yet a thousand men in a Muslim nation go hug christians and it's "SEE Muslims are good people. Oh why can't the world see, oh but wait for the evil islamophobes to arrive, them bigots!"

make your mind up guys, thanks.

Maybe it will become contagious, do I want to see reform in some of the more archaic laws of Islam , yes, but it has to start somewhere, I believe the Islamic people want change, many do, many don't, I think more do then don't.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Acts like this is why God isn't ready to give up on mankind just yet. This is evident in every new birth. Awesome .
Even gives me some hope for us. SnF all day long.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Originally posted by Bildeberg

slatest.slate.com...

And it only took them...lets see....hmmm....10+ years the way I see it? Nah go spread that deceitful propaganda elsewhere as it is too little, too late in my book.

You are not part of the solution. You Are part of the Problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle

I agree 100%. There was a post yesterday regarding protesters in pakistan demanding that a Christian woman be put to death for blasphemy. It was noted by people with their eyes open that we never see any of these peace loving muslims standing up against this so called 'minority' of extremists.
This post today seemed a little convenient. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

For those that doubt that this happened here is a photo of Mubarak's two sons in the church!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yep people are people, we're all humans, in it together on a pretty average rock spinning around a vast and empty cosmos. Life on Earth could be over tomorrow because of some random happening like a massive gamma ray burst or asteroid slamming into us. When we work together we achieve great things, when we fight we achieve terrible things.

However most people stilll don't see this, we are split along idiotic lines and why people don't wake up to the reality of all this i don't know. I would love to think that this is a sign of change but it's not, it's a nice thing to happen but it won't change the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What a beautiful story of the Brotherhood of Man. Imagine what we all could do if we stood together united as a species!

Judge not, love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wonderful story!!!

This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to happen to fight extremists no matter what their cause.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I haven't browsed ATS in quite a while, and the first thing I see when I come here is this?

Excellent! Glad to see something other than doom and gloom once in a while.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
What a beautiful story of the Brotherhood of Man. Imagine what we all could do if we stood together united as a species!

Judge not, love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

It is much harder to create than it is to destroy.

It is much harder to love than it is to hate.

War for some strange reason has a rejuvenating effect on human beings, as it tends to be the primary fuel of the creative cycle. Most modern innovations and technological advancements were developed by the military to aide it in killing and destroying and then passed on to us later, this even includes the Internet which was originally developed as an alternative communications system that could hopefully withstand a full nuclear attack and still enable commanders in the field to communicate with headquarters.

What we often destroy through war, and then we rebuild, better, and improved. Who made the Japanese Electronics and Automobile business so much better than America’s? American’s rebuilding it with our money and our latest innovations after World War II.

Rome in fact has always offered War or Peace and been blithely indifferent as to which the people decide.

All this jealousy, envy, distrust, suspicion and hate fuels the human competitive spirit and acts as a bizarre engine of growth.

Yet it remains very much a two sided sword. The latest crowd control techniques like Sonic Cannons and Microwave Weapons are tested in places like Iraq and then sold to American Police Departments for use against Americans too. Unmanned drones that relentlessly hunt ‘enemy combatants’ overseas, also have taken to American skies to hunt Americans.

The truth is we live in a world full of frustrated angry and remorseful people, always looking to vent that on someone or something, because they just can’t let those disappointments, slights imagined and real, jealousies, and fears go.

We could accomplish so much more, in the light, and with love, and sadly even here in this story, this act of charitable kindness and compassion is the direct result and response to one of violence and war.

Maybe one day people, people in general will realize that war and violence isn’t the answer, and that they will finally arrive at the right place, for the right reasons instead of the wrong ones.

In the meantime there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

People full of pride and stubbornness often have to learn their lessons the hard way.

Wouldn’t it be great if some people actually learned something from this?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The humble beginnings of a type one civilization, a world where no one judges on someones beliefs, I very much like this news, it brings me hope.

Futher more believe their courage should be celebrated by all nations, and taught, that this is people behave, even when they are strangers, they can be friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join