It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Critique on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As I have been on ATS a while now, I find myself seeing a pattern which has begun to form into a thought. I feel as if all the information shared on ATS has a purpose to enhance the doom and gloomer agenda. While ATSers criticize journalists and the like, the job done by bloggers on ATS is tantamount to a far worse alternative.

Always to the negative, whether leftist or rightist, do I see the information deciphered, translated and understood on ATS. It is as if there exists a hopeless movement in the form of the search of truth and denial of ignorance. What little positive exists is usually relegated to tree hugging hippieness and etc.

I feel if ignorance is bliss then maybe truth should be buried and ignorance adopted as a faith. What growth can be had from suffering if all one sees is suffering as a consequence? At some point there must be balance. I feel the movement of truth should be along the lines and scope of the movement of hope. Not the movement of hopelessness as we tear down the old, as if we cannot adapt to change and find a better way. Are we that systematically programmed, that fear overtakes our steps to insure we do not repeat the mistakes of the past?

Hope is peace

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well, as ATS is a user based website, all you can do is post the things you think will make the site better. If you dont like doom and gloom, dont read those posts I guess.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Uh, everything you said is contradictory.

Are you promoting ignorance or change?

And ignorance leading to change will only lead to ignorant change, so.

What you call 'gloom and doom' others' see as *reality*. It does not necessarily follow that those looking at things this way are "gloomy" or depressed either.

I read about alot of "bad" stuff - I try to think of ways I could do something with it. You need to know about "bad" things too, for various practical (and ultimately positive ideas.)

For instance: Wouldn't you like to know if your new home were situated on top of a chemical pit? Or would you prefer to be 'ignorant' and think of the pink ooze under the house as cotton candy from fairy land?

Yeah, ridiculous example - but - this is WHY we need to *recognize* negatives. And assess them and work with them as needed. IGNORING things does not usually make them go away.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
Uh, everything you said is contradictory.

Are you promoting ignorance or change?

And ignorance leading to change will only lead to ignorant change, so.

What you call 'gloom and doom' others' see as *reality*. It does not necessarily follow that those looking at things this way are "gloomy" or depressed either.

I read about alot of "bad" stuff - I try to think of ways I could do something with it. You need to know about "bad" things too, for various practical (and ultimately positive ideas.)

For instance: Wouldn't you like to know if your new home were situated on top of a chemical pit? Or would you prefer to be 'ignorant' and think of the pink ooze under the house as cotton candy from fairy land?

Yeah, ridiculous example - but - this is WHY we need to *recognize* negatives. And assess them and work with them as needed. IGNORING things does not usually make them go away.

AHEM.... in no way does your post show any conclusive evidence that you possess hat skill of reading "comprehension" that would even deserve an adequate response from me to maybe stir up any form of "learning". Stating the obvious is ignoraance on repeat so ask yourself that very same question and as for you above me

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Well, as ATS is a user based website, all you can do is post the things you think will make the site better. If you dont like doom and gloom, dont read those posts I guess.

Rarely does the title ever give one the feeling of "doom and gloom" on ATS and stating the obvious must not be considered a valid form of response in light of your philosophy advice to me; for verily I say, verily for it is truth, a rant is a rant for that purpose of self expression and needs no correction.

top topics

join