It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 200 Pounds of Explosives Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Police have located the stolen van containing 200 pounds of explosives and other bomb making equipment in Union City, CA. All missing materials have been accounted for.

www.kron.com
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Federal officials said Thursday they have recovered 200 pounds of explosives and bomb-making materials that were stolen over the July 4 weekend from a storage locker in San Mateo County.

A van stopped near a shopping center in Union City Wednesday night and a storage area elsewhere in the East Bay were found to contain blasting caps and other items, said Marti McKee, a spokeswoman for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

"It was a stolen van with stolen plates and we had information that possibly it was connected to the theft," McKee said.

Shops and homes around the van were evacuated while the materials were removed and agents continued to remove explosives from the other location early Thursday morning, McKee said.

"We think we've recovered all of the explosives," she said.

It was unclear exactly when the explosives were stolen or who took them. A man was detained by Hayward police but he was not arrested pending questioning by ATF agents, McKee said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know who was involved, or what the purpose of the "supplies" were intended for, but a stolen van with stolen plates leads me to believe that this was not a holiday search for the explosives.

C4 explosives were also found.

This amount of material in the Bay area, in the wrong hands could have disabled one of our 2 major bridges (The Golden Gate and The Bay Bridge), and caused much hysteria and financial loss. Glad it's out of the "wrong" hands.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"It was a stolen van with stolen plates and we had information that possibly it was connected to the theft," McKee said.

Wonder how they knew about that....

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The report says "tips" helped identify the van after the theft was made public .

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

They are all morons. The "Bunkers" were nothing but above ground steel sheds with a padlock in the middle of nowhere. What idiots, Ill sleep safer tonight

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

They are all morons. The "Bunkers" were nothing but above ground steel sheds with a padlock in the middle of nowhere. What idiots, Ill sleep safer tonight

I know, I'm surprised more stuff isn't stolen....then again, maybe it is and we just don't hear about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I know, I'm surprised more stuff isn't stolen....then again, maybe it is and we just don't hear about it.

Thats what worries me. The stuff we don't hear about. Its only by chance these idiots found out ....

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You do know that the key word in there is "think".

I am very surprised that they didn't split that all up or at least some it.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
or maybe more bs hype by the P.C.G. to keep the dumb ones agreeing with their war mongering policy, think?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
These men were on methamphetimines and only wanted to use the money to "come up" on more drugs...yes the news used it as a ploy for the b.s. "war on terror"

top topics

join