It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass animal deaths scrutinized as Google map cites numerous incidents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Mass animal deaths scrutinized as Google map cites numerous incidents

news.blogs.cnn.com

Five thousand blackbirds in Arkansas. One hundred pelicans near Jacksonville, North Carolina. Three hundred doves in Italy. Seventy bats in Tucson, Arizona. Thousands of fish in Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Brazil and the United States.

Google is now hosting a map of incidents of mass animal deaths around the world. Google Maps' distinctive blue balloons indicate where the deaths took place. Click on a balloon, and the map provides you with a link to a news report on the incident.

As of Friday afternoon, there were about 30 cases pinpointed on the search engine's m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Pretty cool that Google maps these mass die-off events.

You can see it here: maps.google.com...

Like the article says, click on a blue balloon, and you see the news report. The latest articles can be viewed on the left column.

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Great map but I think 1 or 2 incidents are missing on the map - mostly likely not updated yet. This is a good way to keep up with what is going on - I wish I did know what was going on!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
North America seems to be ground zero compared to the rest of the world, according to that map anyway.

edit on 7-1-2011 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with my computer that it would rather just load a regular google map with no markers or anything 9 times out of 10 when I click on the google map of the deaths? I would really like to understand this.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i am very surprised and little impressed that this is getting mainstream coverage.

getting a little concerned too as i was sure half these had been made up.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So make that 10 times out of 10 now, I can't even view the list of articles on the side like the person posted in the picture of what it's supposed to look like. I may as well be just clicking a link to maps.google.com...
I tried clearing my cache and all that other stuff. I read the help and troubleshooting on the google maps page. I use other google maps to view earthquakes and never had a problem with that one. WTF.. I'm getting really frustrated here. I would love to see this fricking map. Does anyone else have this problem??

I've discovered that it's trying to load the mass deaths map, then seems to decide to reload to the original google map page with nothing on it. Why would it do this to ONLY me? If I hit reload and then stop it works sometimes. What the hell could cause this? Way to make me frustrated...
edit on 7-1-2011 by elocin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
30 incidents in 1 week!

Geesh this is gettin nuts the more I learn about it..

Thanks OP

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

i have been having this problem.

click on the link.

then when it just brings up the plain map , click on something, anything, it doesn't matter what. then when you are brought to the new page, click to go back to previous page. for some reason it will bring up the proper details then.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Upon checking this google map I discovered it to be retarded! The one labeled "Fish" is in my own backyard so to speak and they are only talking bout a few fish. I think they(TPTB) are going to start bombarding us with ridiculous "who cares" stories like this so we all look like a bunch of wack jobs worried about a few fish. This is all misdirection. Keep your eyes open for the real stories even though well all have to dig a little deeper to seperate gold from shat!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Thanks for replying but that solution doesn't work for me and I'd still like to know why it does that.. I have to hit stop before it reloads the original google map page. I don't understand how it could be coded to reload into the link that I (or you) click, and not everyone else. It doesn't make sense. Glad to know I'm not the only one who is apparently not allowed to view this map.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

I put the map on my desktop yesterday, haven't had any problems and I usually have problems with almost everything. Refresh, refresh?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Tried refreshing like at least 80 times because this has really been bothering me since this map was first posted yesterday. I hate issues like this, I need to figure out wtf is wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

Try loading a completely different google map and see what happens. You may be having a Google problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I did try that, I have a google map that I view all the time of earthquakes that happen around the world, and that one I never have problems with. Part of the reason it's so confusing to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

What kind of operating system are you using? What web browser? Could be some kind of popup blocker or you need some kind of 3rd party plugin installed to view properly.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2011 by TomJoad because:

edit on 7-1-2011 by TomJoad because: no reason given

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by elocin

What kind of operating system are you using? What web browser? Could be some kind of popup blocker or you need some kind of 3rd party plugin installed to view properly.

I use firefox on ubuntu...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

Sorry I wasn't any help - I think I know the earthquake map you are speaking of. I use to have problems with that one but not for a long time now.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Nothing to see here folks. This is a natural and common ocSuperbowl. No need to be calling it the end of the world or apocalypse like you all are doing.

How about that BCS Championship game?

Who will win the Superbowl?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join