It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankers will receive billions in bonuses in 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

I'd be cautious in saying it was as long as eighty years - there was a (medium-sized) one back in the early nineties, if I recall...

Any length of time between banking crises is just a miracle of human stubborness - our consumer culture is over-inflated with middle-men, and based on an economic model that requires population growth (to sustain the profits sucked out by all the middle men). We have no major exports worth mentioning (although we seem to lead the field when it comes to LED aquarium lighting... big whoop), and my current project of buying only british produce is... expensive, to say the least.

We are in a population that is pretty much static, and would in fact be declining if we didn't have such high immigration levels, and yet we are still in this "speculation" type economy which spends money in the (false) assurance that the economy will have generated that money tomorrow... hence the debt.

The funniest thing for me was when Gordon started talking about "quantative easing", = printing more money to throw at the problem. Germany's Great Depression, anyone? Or the Zimbabwean dollar? They've got no food, but there's more 0s on their banknotes than in a box of cheerios...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by girdermonkey84
reply to post by doobydoll

and i dont know what to say to you,i feel for you i really do but unfortunatley my friend you are one of possibly thousands! it is criminal and should not be allowed to happen,kicking people out of there homes! it truly is upsetting,i hope all works out for you mate

Thanks pal

To be honest with you I'll be glad to be free of the worry of it - it's only a house, a possession that's all. I've not got much but I'm still better off than many more unfortunate people in this world

Banks and their bosses will always come out the winners, cos the game is played by only their rules, which they make up as they go along.

It's their way - or the highway.

Hey in the rush to get info out and post i missed your original post. I feel for you i really do. I hope you have somewhere to go.

I understand from my research that a feeling of 'relief' is a common reaction. Its true what they say, eventually your possessions end up possessing you. True freedom they say is freedom from possessions. I don't know how i would react though because i'm a horder. If my CD collection ever got nicked or repossessed i'd be gutted for years to come.

Come on page three we can do it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Yeh the Quantitative Easing is nothing new despite what all the media outlets have told us. It's only new to call it this. Before QE the media just used to say the BoE has pumped money into the markets.

Why does the government have to borrow back from the system the cash that the BoE created out of thin air. The BoE was supposed to have been nationalised in 1949. If you do the research that's what it will tell you. However, the people who owned it before then still own the shares and receive the profits from it.

We need to run an open and honest resource based system and bring down the monetary one. Fractional reserve banking simply HAS to go. If a bank remained 100% honest it would literally be IMPOSSIBLE for it not to make money, and impossible to fail. Too many people who think they know about fractional reserve banking don't really know it. It is much much worse than the banks being able to create nine pounds out of thin air for every pound that is deposited with them. Because if those nine pounds were leant to nine separate people they could then pay those pounds back into a bank who could then invent 90 more, and so it goes on exponentially

RE: the 80 year cycle i mean a depression and total economic collapse just as in the 30s and if you go back 70-90yrs you'll find another one, and go back again and there'll be another one.

yay we made page three.
edit on 7-1-2011 by spookfish because: yeah we made page three

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

That's a great idea. There are some organisations in the UK that scrutinize government spending, government transparency and value for money issues for the british taxpayer. Seeing as most of these banks are part owned by the government I don't see why they couldn't do that.

Back in the day if someone or some other organisation owned 51% of a company they had the power at the shareholder meeting to force the company to do whatever they wanted including voting down remuneration increases and bonuses. It's still that way but we've been brainwashed into believing that the UK doesn't have the power to step in and stop these bonuses if they do own more than 50%.
edit on 7-1-2011 by spookfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish

and i dont know what to say to you,i feel for you i really do but unfortunatley my friend you are one of possibly thousands! it is criminal and should not be allowed to happen,kicking people out of there homes! it truly is upsetting,i hope all works out for you mate

Thanks pal

To be honest with you I'll be glad to be free of the worry of it - it's only a house, a possession that's all. I've not got much but I'm still better off than many more unfortunate people in this world

Banks and their bosses will always come out the winners, cos the game is played by only their rules, which they make up as they go along.

Hey in the rush to get info out and post i missed your original post. I feel for you i really do. I hope you have somewhere to go.

I understand from my research that a feeling of 'relief' is a common reaction. Its true what they say, eventually your possessions end up possessing you. True freedom they say is freedom from possessions. I don't know how i would react though because i'm a horder. If my CD collection ever got nicked or repossessed i'd be gutted for years to come.

Come on page three we can do it.

Well at least now I can say I'm a 'page 3 girl'

For those not in the UK or familiar with the daily rag 'The Sun', Page3 girls are topless pin-ups featured every day, obviously on page 3.

Not quite the same achievement but oh well

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Wealth distribution?? I don't really call it that when it's the wealthy paying the wealthy.

It is not the wealthy paying the wealthy. It is the wealthy sucking the poor and middle class dry. I explain all three mechanisms used for this wealth distribution in Bloodsucking Bankers

Briefly:
The First Method: BANKERS AND THE GOVERNMENT
Most countries have a central banking system with fractional reserve banking. When politicians pass a new law they have to fund it so they either print government bonds (IOUs) they sell to private individuals or they borrow money from the central bank (Federal Reserve System). The Central Bank “creates” new FIAT money on the spot right out of thin air (can you say legalized counterfeiting?) The Central Bank lends this new fiat money to the government. Citizens then pay the bankers or bond holders the AMOUNT and INTEREST out of their WEALTH (labor) as taxes on their income.

Money is Created by Banks: Evidence Given by Graham Towers

Some of the most frank evidence on banking practices was given by Graham F. Towers, Governor of the Central Bank of Canada (from 1934 to 1955), before the Canadian Government's Committee on Banking and Commerce, in 1939.
Q. But there is no question about it that banks create the medium of exchange?

Mr. Towers: That is right. That is what they are for... That is the Banking business, just in the same way that a steel plant makes steel. (p. 287) The manufacturing process consists of making a pen-and-ink or typewriter entry on a card in a book. That is all. (pp. 76 and 238) Each and every time a bank makes a loan (or purchases securities), new bank credit is created — new deposits — brand new money. (pp. 113 and 238) Broadly speaking, all new money comes out of a Bank in the form of loans. As loans are debts, then under the present system all money is debt. (p. 459)

Q. When $1,000,000 worth of bonds is presented (by the government) to the bank, a million dollars of new money or the equivalent is created?
Mr. Towers: Yes.

Q. Is it a fact that a million dollars of new money is created?
Mr. Towers: Yes. (p. 286)

Q. Will you tell me why a government with power to create money, should give that power away to a private monopoly, and then borrow that which parliament can create itself, back at interest, to the point of national bankruptcy?
Mr. Towers: If parliament wants to change the form of operating the banking system, then certainly that is within the power of parliament. (p. 394)

The Second method: Fractional Reserve Banking:
wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com...

Money is loaned out as mortgages, business loans and credit card loans. You know, those credit cards with interest rates that sky rocket to 30% or more if you miss a payment, where in three years you've paid the bankers the entire amount you owed, but STILL owe the principle!

Well at least here in the USA, it is a complete rip-off because the US Banks are Operating Without Reserve Requirements "...reserve requirements falling to zero over the last fifty years..."

Testimony by Mr. Morgan, the bank's president,First National Bank of Montgomery vs. Daly (1969)
Plaintiff admitted that it, in combination with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, . . . did create the entire $14,000.00 in money and credit upon its own books by bookkeeping entry. That this was the consideration used to support the Note dated May 8, 1964 and the Mortgage of the same date. The money and credit first came into existence when they created it. Mr. Morgan admitted that no United States Law or Statute existed which gave him the right to do this. A lawful consideration must exist and be tendered to support the Note.
www.webofdebt.com...

The Third Method: DEVALUING MONEY

In 1976 A typical American CEO earned 36 times as much as the average worker. By 2008 the average CEO pay increased to 369 times that of the average worker. timelines.ws...

Date.....$ /oz gold.. Money supply....minimum wage.....Pay in gold......CEO in gold
1959 .......35.25 ...........50.1 billion.........$1.00..................0.0284 oz.
1976 ......124.74 ......... $113 billion.........$2.30..................0.0184 oz............0.663.oz
1985 .....354.20 ...........$205 billion........$3.35....................0.0094 oz.
1994 .....409.80........... $ 406 billion.......$4.25.....................0.0104.oz.
2006 .....636.30 ...........$808 billion........$5.15.....................0.0081 oz.
2008 .....880.30........... $831 billion........$5.85....................0.0066 oz.............2.44.oz
2009...1,020.28...........$1663 billion........$6.55.....................0.0064.oz.

If you look at the price of gold, you can see how the value of the dollar has dropped and how the minimum wage no longer has the buying power it had in 1959. So while the real value of our wages has dropped the prices we pay for goods has inflated.

Because money is not capital, that is WEALTH, Mises concluded that an increase of the money supply confers no identifiable social value.

When new money is created it does not appear magically in equal percentages in all people's bank accounts or under their mattresses. Therefore money spreads unevenly, and this process has varying effects on individuals, depending on whether they receive early or late access to the new money

It is these losses of the groups that are the last to be reached by the variation in the value of money which ultimately constitute the source of the profits made by the bankers and the groups most closely connected with them.
www.lewrockwell.com...

Did you get that? This is the key point. When money is devalued the first pigs to the trough steal the wealth of the late comers. Newly printed fiat money does not create new wealth it just transfers it from the poor, who are always the last to the trough, to the rich.

There is a fourth method.
As the money supply expanses and wages and prices increase tax payers pay more taxes thanks to the "graduated income tax" here in the USA.

According to an article in The New Republic of Dec. 2, 1991, in 1948, a married couple with median income and two children, paid only 2% in state, federal, and Social Security taxes. In 1999, Social Security was 15.3%, plus 2.9% for Medicare, out of the first $62,700 in wages, or $11,411.40, and then perhaps 30% in federal taxes…[if you were lucky].... www.gold-eagle.com...

NOTE: You are actually paying 30.6% for Social Security and 5.8% for Medicare because the corporations consider it part of your wages and the self-employed like me actually get stuck paying it. That plus a federal tax of 30% gives 66.4% in Federal taxes before you add in state, local and property taxes! And that does not include the invisible taxes on everything we buy. (another 30% or more) This means our actual tax rate is some where around 80% if we could actually figure it out.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Perhaps a retrospective tax collection could be made? Hmmmmm.....

I was thinking more of Hung, Drawn and Quartered... At the very least I have been collecting feathers, Anyone have some tar?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by lavenlaar

can i just clarify with you, your saying 16 million dollors a year?? how is that ever justified! really! i thought we had it rough here! is the same sort of thing happening over there too then? people losing there homes etc?

thats just his salary ! not the ludicrous bonuses. Yes people are being forced to sell homes not so much repossession as in the USA. I just find it odd that these bonuses are paid on their profits being a publicly listed company and since the GFC here in Aus we could buy CBA shares for as little as $25 ea now as of today $55 ea
CBA last 3 yrs (i wonder where the GFC was)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by girdermonkey84

but as we all know the government will NOT intervene in any way,like i said in an earlier post this has recieved close to none coverage! whats that all about?

It is really very simple. The Banksters OWN the Media. They own the loans on the media companies, they own the loans on the companies that pay the media through advertising money and here in the USA they OWN the media outright!

U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917: J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media. www.mindfully.org...

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership: www.globalissues.org...

...by the end of 2006, there are only 8 giant media companies dominating the US media PDF formatted document, from which most people get their news and information:

* Disney (market value: $72.8 billion)
* AOL-Time Warner (market value: $90.7 billion)
* Viacom (market value: $53.9 billion)
* General Electric (owner of NBC, market value: $390.6 billion)
* News Corporation (market value: $56.7 billion)
* Yahoo! (market value: $40.1 billion)
* Microsoft (market value: $306.8 billion)
* Google (market value: $154.6 billion)

At the end of the 1990s, there were 9 corporations (mainly US) that dominated the media world:

* AOL-Time Warner
* Disney
* Bertelsmann
* Viacom
* News Corporation
* TCI
* General Electric (owner of NBC)
* Sony (owner of Columbia and TriStar Pictures and major recording interests), and
* Seagram (owner of Universal film and music interests).

As Robert McChesney, a media critic, and author of Rich Media Poor Democracy, (University of Illinois Press, 1999) describes, these are the “first tier” companies and following them are around 50 or so “second tier” companies doing media-related business at either national or regional level. All of these companies each do more than one billion dollars worth of business. (The previous link provides more information on the various firms, if you are interested.) Compared to the 1980s, this is quite a limited market in terms of diversity of ownership....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I've been researching these subjects since I awoke about 13 years ago and so far I haven't successfully woken one person up, and it's not for want of trying.

BOY Isn't that the truth! I have been trying to wake people up here in the USA for years too.

I hate to say it but I think the only thing that will wake these semi-comatose idiots up is a couple of centuries of "Dark Age" slavery. Unfortunately I think that is just where we are headed.

If your friend likes Conspiracy Theories. Here is mine The Ultimate Conspiracy Theory

It seems to explain the facts like Brazil's Economy is BOOMING! Just as well as anything else I have seen

Show it to her and scare the BeJeez out of her.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'd love to be there with you. Make sure you put some salt in their tea or better yet toilet water, the type that makes snow yellow.

No, No, Be REAL nasty. Add Phenolphthalein to the tea or make chocolate laxative cookies.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Very true. I'm doing my best here to get past page three but i'm already hogging the thread and really should walk away.

NAH, there is plenty to talk about, when it comes to the BANKSTERS.

You are not from the USA, did you have anything like the AIG derviatives (credit default swap) bailout/fiasco? It seems the tax payer funded AIG bailout PAID the Bankers to foreclose on struggling homeowners!

Senior investors, who are typically financial institutions, own the AAA tranches that are insured against default by AIG, and they WANT to foreclose on the Middle Class so that insurance payments kick in. Conversely, the junior tranche investors want workouts with homeowners because their investment is not insured.

“To ensure that the mortgage servicer pushes default instead of workout, the servicer is paid double (50 basis points versus 25 basis points) by the MBS to service a loan in default. Why do you think your servicer tells you that you must be in default before it will consider a mortgage modification, a practice known as invited default?

“Simply put,” says Parker, “the government bailout of AIG has actually encouraged foreclosures because the taxpayers continue to fill AIG’s coffers with enough cash to pay out insurance on defaulted home loans.”

“A credit default swap (CDS) is a credit derivative contract between two counterparties,” says Wikipedia. "The buyer makes periodic payments to the seller, and in return receives a payoff if an underlying financial instrument defaults. CDS contracts have been compared with insurance, because the buyer pays a premium and, in return, receives a sum of money if one of the specified events occur...

Instead of cars or houses, credit default swaps were used to guarantee mortgage-backed securities (MBS), a safe bet according to the best-available mathematical models. Why? Because most homeowners pay off their home loans with the certainty of an ATM.
The is no reserve requirement with CDS because there's no government regulation. Each insurance company can set aside as much — or as little — as it wants for reserves. In fact, a company could set aside nothing for potential losses without violating regulatory requirements.
The money NOT set aside for reserves can be invested in high-risk securities to create a larger cash flow for the insurance company. This means that with CDS, insurers expected not only premiums but also bigger investment returns then would be possible with regular insurance products.
CDS premium revenue is not restricted to those who might have actual losses or real assets to protect. You can bet as much as you want and create as many CDS as you want....
www.realtytrac.com...

In other words there maybe more than one CDS on a mortgage and therefore it is much more profitable to collect the multiple payoffs than to refinance the mortgage.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

...We need to run an open and honest resource based system and bring down the monetary one....

Spookfish, were you aware of this UK Parliament Speech Invokes Mises Institute re Honest Money and Sound Banking

At least it got to be heard in the UK Parliament.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish

No worries. Lets see if we can get this thread past that 3 page wall.

I agree with you about the grouping together it's just it takes so much to rouse the british public from their sofas, their soaps, and their talent shows.

Have you heard of Freeman John Harris?

You need to check him out at:-

www.tpuc.org...

He's got loads of youtube vids as well. This site is a mine of useful info. He tells you about your true rights and talks about how with clever legal wording you can use the system against itself. I'm thinking of trying out his trick for not paying my TV licence. He also talks about the legal term 'person' as opposed to 'human being'. I haven't really been to the site in a couple of years but I learnt a hell of a lot in the days I did research him.

Here's something to get you started

www.youtube.com...

This interview was my first exposure to him but i can't find the full hr plus show this is only a 10 min clip

www.youtube.com...

It blew me away and gave me hope at the same time. Watch the ten minute clip first
edit on 7-1-2011 by spookfish because: vid links

SPEECHLESS!! surely this man is a national hereo! why have i never seen or heard of him before? he is so spot on with everything he says! dont think that presenter was the best choice he seems a little bit lost in what he is saying,maybe in shock? i know i was, i have only watched the 10 min clip atm but i will be looking alot more into this chap! thankyou for enlightening me mate,the people of the uk need to see this man,oh and well done for pushing it to 3 pages!! quite impressed with my first thread

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

but as we all know the government will NOT intervene in any way,like i said in an earlier post this has recieved close to none coverage! whats that all about?

It is really very simple. The Banksters OWN the Media. They own the loans on the media companies, they own the loans on the companies that pay the media through advertising money and here in the USA they OWN the media outright!

U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917: J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media. www.mindfully.org...

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership: www.globalissues.org...

...by the end of 2006, there are only 8 giant media companies dominating the US media PDF formatted document, from which most people get their news and information:

* Disney (market value: $72.8 billion)
* AOL-Time Warner (market value: $90.7 billion)
* Viacom (market value: $53.9 billion)
* General Electric (owner of NBC, market value: $390.6 billion)
* News Corporation (market value: $56.7 billion)
* Yahoo! (market value: $40.1 billion)
* Microsoft (market value: $306.8 billion)
* Google (market value: $154.6 billion)

At the end of the 1990s, there were 9 corporations (mainly US) that dominated the media world:

* AOL-Time Warner
* Disney
* Bertelsmann
* Viacom
* News Corporation
* TCI
* General Electric (owner of NBC)
* Sony (owner of Columbia and TriStar Pictures and major recording interests), and
* Seagram (owner of Universal film and music interests).

As Robert McChesney, a media critic, and author of Rich Media Poor Democracy, (University of Illinois Press, 1999) describes, these are the “first tier” companies and following them are around 50 or so “second tier” companies doing media-related business at either national or regional level. All of these companies each do more than one billion dollars worth of business. (The previous link provides more information on the various firms, if you are interested.) Compared to the 1980s, this is quite a limited market in terms of diversity of ownership....

thankyou for your information! i didnt have a clue that this is the way it is! it all makes sense now,a very very big thankyou to you, now as someone else previously said what can any of us do about it? has it all gone too far already for any change? it just annoys me so much the way i see myself here is i must just get on with work,pay my taxes and keep my mouth shut! end of story! i am only 26 and i really am sick of it! the older generations i work just dismiss anything i say about it like they are brainwashed or something?? its all very scary

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
he Hunt Review

The BBA welcomes the opportunity to respond to the call for evidence to the independent review of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

The Rt Hon The Lord Hunt of Wirral MBE
Beachcroft LLP

Dear Lord Hunt

The BBA is the leading UK banking and financial services trade association and acts on behalf of its members on domestic and international issues. Our 225 banking members are from 60 different countries and collectively provide the full range of banking and financial services. They operate some 130 million accounts, contribute £50bn to the economy and together make up the world’s largest international banking centre.

We welcome this opportunity to respond to the call for evidence to the independent review of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). On the whole our members consider that FOS provides an efficient and effective service, enabling consumers to seek a free and independent decision on individual complaints that they have been unable to resolve directly with the firm. However, the environment within which FOS operates is changing and new challenges are emerging, which the service was not designed to face. We consider this to be an opportune time for this second review to take place and hope that our comments will help to shape a service fit for the future.

The review has focussed on the quality and effectiveness of FOS’s engagement with the public and industry, concentrating on the two central issues of accessibility and communication.

Our response starts by summarising our key points in relation to these two issues. We consider that a further important issue that needs to be highlighted separately is that of the governance and structure of FOS, and we have therefore also included additional comments in this respect. The remainder of our response addresses the detailed questions set out in the call for evi

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The banks are now saying we want to regulate ourself. the foxs are guarding the chickens lol

Originally posted by spannera
he Hunt Review

The BBA welcomes the opportunity to respond to the call for evidence to the independent review of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

The Rt Hon The Lord Hunt of Wirral MBE
Beachcroft LLP

Dear Lord Hunt

The BBA is the leading UK banking and financial services trade association and acts on behalf of its members on domestic and international issues. Our 225 banking members are from 60 different countries and collectively provide the full range of banking and financial services. They operate some 130 million accounts, contribute £50bn to the economy and together make up the world’s largest international banking centre.

We welcome this opportunity to respond to the call for evidence to the independent review of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). On the whole our members consider that FOS provides an efficient and effective service, enabling consumers to seek a free and independent decision on individual complaints that they have been unable to resolve directly with the firm. However, the environment within which FOS operates is changing and new challenges are emerging, which the service was not designed to face. We consider this to be an opportune time for this second review to take place and hope that our comments will help to shape a service fit for the future.

The review has focussed on the quality and effectiveness of FOS’s engagement with the public and industry, concentrating on the two central issues of accessibility and communication.

Our response starts by summarising our key points in relation to these two issues. We consider that a further important issue that needs to be highlighted separately is that of the governance and structure of FOS, and we have therefore also included additional comments in this respect. The remainder of our response addresses the detailed questions set out in the call for evi

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

hmm "dark age" slavery.please correct me if i am wrong but looking at the bigger picture arnt we already there my freind?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Thanks pal

no worries! i agree with what you are saying,a freind of mine made an intresting comment to me the other day about how people have changed over the years and how we all have to have the biggest and flattest tv,the nice flash motor,the nice big perfect house the best of everything! but as you quite clearly state the are just "possessions" they really dont mean a thing, why are we all like this? and also how alot of us just dont care about anyone except ourselves!! ever heard of "community spirit" it doesnt exist anymore which is really quite sad,oh and congrats on becoming a page 3 girl
lol

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great post to the person who made it, you have a big thumbs up from me.

Unfortunately i cant create my own post atm, and i know this might be off topic, but this one is the closest to what i wanted to write about, considering taxes we pay are directly linked to the banks etc....

The point i had in mind is the recent increase of 2.5% tax, now i am aware that we would eventually get that increase and it wont surprise me in the least if tax goes up to 25% in the future, there were a handfull of companies out there that did say they would hold off on raising the prices of there goods, a couple even said they raised there's very slightly just before christmas, i know this as i shop in both outlets, the raised prices weren't that much of an inconevience to me, but i work for one of the largest retail companies in the UK which i'll not name at this time, we sell both home furnishings and clothes for men women and children, all this week i've been at some point directly involved in changing the prices of the goods we sell and i am truely disgusted at the difference in price, take for instance a kids t-shirt that usually is sold for £5 has now been changed to £6, now i didn't pass my maths gcse but i'm no fool, thats a 20% increase in price, a ladies blouse that usually sells for £30 is now £35, thats over 16% difference, i've actually raised these points with other members of staff and managers also and there's been a wide range of excuses made up in support of such drastic increases such as the price of cotton has increased, the price of exportation has gone up, even the price of labour has gone up, for that last point i heard one of the greatest comebacks i'm ever likely to hear, one fellow worker asked if thats the case do we get and increase in wages also, i dont need to tell you what the answer to that was.

I'd like for anyone out there who has similar views to get back to me about this, i'm eager to see if anyone else has noticed this abomination against a public that has already been stretched to the point of breaking, what with the constant increase in oil and countless amounts of the public who are stressed to the max at the thought of just barely scraping enough money together to pay back over inflated mortgages ever month

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join