It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankers will receive billions in bonuses in 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by girdermonkey84

I was once a banker!! I had to get out though 20 years back. So I have some inside knowledge. I hope you find this useful.

never have a credit card with the same bank as you normal current account. If you default on the credit card the bank has the write to clear your credit card balance by taking money straight out of your current account even to the point that it takes you over any overdraft limit. They can then charge you on that too. This process is called the right of 'set off'. So to protect yourself, if you bank with barclays, have your credit card with natwest.

If you have to let certain bills slide and go unpaid let the first one be your water bill, because there are loads of restrictions on the water companies, they can't really cut you off.

If you've got a mortgage that's bigger than the value of your home, walk away. hand the keys back. With kids you'll get help and a roof to live under.

Contact your electricity and gas companies, they have discounted tariffs for people out of work. With British Gas it's called the 'essentials' tariff. When I got onto the scheme I never had to provide proof of being unemployed. So even if i had a job i'd try and get on the scheme. Also energy companies have to jump through a few hoops before they can cut you off.

If you are out of work it's better to be in rented accommodation. You'll get much more help.

If you are in heavy debt consider an IVA (individual voluntary agreement), or bankruptcy. I am going to have to go for one of these in the next few months myself.

Never let a bailiff in. Don't even answer the door. they have no right to come in unless invited and they cannot break down the door to get in until after you have gone through the county court process. when that happens they'll turn up with a court order and often a copper or two as well (especially if you've had a history of verbally abusing them through the letterbox. Many years ago I had proof that i'd paid my council tax but they'd lost the the payment and wouldn't accept proof that they'd banked my cheque. So the bailiffs got involved and the bill rocketed. Anyway I managed to get rid of the bailiffs. Don't try this at home folks but i was so angry that i tracked down the bailiffs home address and started parking outside their house and making myself known. If they knocked on my door one day they'd get a knock on theirs as well. Only had to do it for about four days and they caved in and wrote it off.

If all else fails put food on the table and heat your home and everything else can go stuff it.

I wish you well.
edit on 7-1-2011 by spookfish because: bailiff story

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

i agree with what you are saying,but unfortunatly i am one of those sheepies that just goes along with it as i have my family that i need to provide for and take care of, power in numbers comes to mind! all youd need is a few hundred thousand to stick together,wouldnt they be powerless and have to start listening? what does it really take to start to be heard?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish

I was once a banker!! I had to get out though 20 years back. So I have some inside knowledge. I hope you find this useful.

never have a credit card with the same bank as you normal current account. If you default on the credit card the bank has the write to clear your credit card balance by taking money straight out of your current account even to the point that it takes you over any overdraft limit. They can then charge you on that too. This process is called the right of 'set off'. So to protect yourself, if you bank with barclays, have your credit card with natwest.

If you have to let certain bills slide and go unpaid let the first one be your water bill, because there are loads of restrictions on the water companies, they can't really cut you off.

If you've got a mortgage that's bigger than the value of your home, walk away. hand the keys back. With kids you'll get help and a roof to live under.

Contact your electricity and gas companies, they have discounted tariffs for people out of work. With British Gas it's called the 'essentials' tariff. When I got onto the scheme I never had to provide proof of being unemployed. So even if i had a job i'd try and get on the scheme. Also energy companies have to jump through a few hoops before they can cut you off.

If you are out of work it's better to be in rented accommodation. You'll get much more help.

If you are in heavy debt consider an IVA (individual voluntary agreement), or bankruptcy. I am going to have to go for one of these in the next few months myself.

If all else fails put food on the table and heat your home and everything else can go stuff it.

I wish you well.

thankyou very much for this info nearly all of it is relevant to me and im sure to alot of other atsers,why arnt there more people like you with this sort of info,ill let you know how i get on with some of the ideas you gave me

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

yep there's some heavy stuff going down in Australia. You are also a test bed for internet censorship. What they learn with you will be applied elsewhere.

Some of my credit cards are charging me over 35% APR (interest) and yet the cost of borrowing for the banks is the lowest it's ever been. They are winning at both ends. Some of these credit cards keep writing to offer me a loan to clear the credit card balance but in every case the loan rate has been even higher than the credit card rate. I wonder how many idiots get fooled with that.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Further to my post - just to reiterate, the collapse occured in 2007, and arguably, some of the banks were aware or complicit in the development of that crisis for some time prior to that.

So I think we should see more often tallies of all of the bonuses - and major retirement packages - the banks have paid out in either the four years 2007-2011 or perhaps going further back if you want to be really picky - see how their PR machines and the government excuses for innaction cope when the public can see those figures climbing up versus the increasingly painful and personal realities of cuts (and their figures in millions/billions) to their services....

i.e. comparing each fresh years bonus figures with the growing defecit/cuts isn't really the whole picture is it?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is good ol campitalism folks where the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer.

And the only way the rich will remain in power is by turning the masses and nations into debt slaves through well planned recessions and wars.

''Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws''-Mayer Amschel Rothschild

''Scary as hell when you look around and see what is going on right now. We have all forgotten our fore father's dreams and let these kind of men rule us with illegal taxation and fear and yet we do nothing. Our Father's would disown every last one of us for not getting off our knees''-Sinner, Minot nd

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype

So, 2007 we had the crash...2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 our governments dithered and pandered, bankers collected their bonuses as normal....excepting the unfortnuate minority who lost their jobs and weren't rewarded with either a massive pay-off/retirement package or an alternative banking job...

Now, in 2011, even if a government were to intervene it is unlikely to affect actual 2011 bonus payout/collection...so that's 4 straight years of normal bonuses, renumeration packages, and fat retirements collected - those at the top (and to some extent surely those at the helm in the lead up to the collapse) just won't need to stay in the game, they could retire on what they have collected in those 4 years!...AND...if nothing is done...or very likely a new collapse (Euro/Dollar) occurs, this will become old news, overshadowed by greater events, they will all carry on under the smoke screen of the bigger event, whilst further weakened governments grapple with the aftermath.

Perhaps a retrospective tax collection could be made? Hmmmmm.....
edit on 7-1-2011 by curioustype because: Typo- oops missed 2009 out..

but as we all know the government will NOT intervene in any way,like i said in an earlier post this has recieved close to none coverage! whats that all about? like you said this will be overshadowed like it has been for the last 4 years,i found it quite intresting that the this morning nothing was said on the news but breaking news was terror threats uk on high alert (but nothing to worry about apparently) might be a bit far fetched but is this to take the sheepies minds off the bonuses? excuse my ignorence but what do you mean by a retrospective tax collection could be made? thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I propose somebody set up a 'clock' website showing bank bonuses and executive retirement packages since 2007 collapse (and perhaps back to 2005?) climbing up each quarter/year on one side, and the amount of government spending cuts/increase in national defecit/rise in unemployment created in the wake of the collapse on the other...

Perhaps one last column with money re-couped by government from banks...probably quite empty right now?

I wish I had the skills to create it...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by girdermonkey84
reply to post by doobydoll

and i dont know what to say to you,i feel for you i really do but unfortunatley my friend you are one of possibly thousands! it is criminal and should not be allowed to happen,kicking people out of there homes! it truly is upsetting,i hope all works out for you mate

Thanks pal

To be honest with you I'll be glad to be free of the worry of it - it's only a house, a possession that's all. I've not got much but I'm still better off than many more unfortunate people in this world

Banks and their bosses will always come out the winners, cos the game is played by only their rules, which they make up as they go along.

It's their way - or the highway.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No worries. Lets see if we can get this thread past that 3 page wall.

I agree with you about the grouping together it's just it takes so much to rouse the british public from their sofas, their soaps, and their talent shows.

Have you heard of Freeman John Harris?

You need to check him out at:-

www.tpuc.org...

He's got loads of youtube vids as well. This site is a mine of useful info. He tells you about your true rights and talks about how with clever legal wording you can use the system against itself. I'm thinking of trying out his trick for not paying my TV licence. He also talks about the legal term 'person' as opposed to 'human being'. I haven't really been to the site in a couple of years but I learnt a hell of a lot in the days I did research him.

Here's something to get you started

www.youtube.com...

This interview was my first exposure to him but i can't find the full hr plus show this is only a 10 min clip

www.youtube.com...

It blew me away and gave me hope at the same time. Watch the ten minute clip first
edit on 7-1-2011 by spookfish because: vid links

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Indeed, there could be many such ways to 'lose' the public's interest in this story, in fact, I almost think people are so convinced nothing will/could be done by government, or are so broadly uninterested in anything other than MSM-news-chaff (c.), that there is really no need for any 'action' on the part of the elite to divert attention, it's almost not neccessary...

Of course with the dollar/Euro 'issues' expected to come to a head early in the year, it could always go the other way and be magically and almost incomprehensably 'sorted' by our great leaders, as we have all seen previously over the past few years...so all rosy and yet again nobody will remember the bankers and their several years of fat profits whilst everyone else suffered.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

All these bonuses for what?

Our leaders are officially insane now, aren't they?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

There is no need for ANYONE to be harsh on you. This issue is huge, and it is a worldwide phenomenon.

How it is usually allowed to happen is because the banks are RUNNING the political systems of most governments. They back and fund many of the gov officials campains, and in turn help steer policy once said candidates are sworn in as our "leaders".

Modern day politics are an absolute SHAM, dictated solely by wealth and power. The few victimizing the many.

DimensionalDetective is correct the issue is huge. This is the American side of it but it illustrates what he is talking about:

FDR, (Franklin Delano Roosevelt) my exploited father-in-law by Col. Curtis Dall

Canadian

Money Is Created by Banks: Evidence Given by Graham Towers

Some of the most frank evidence on banking practices was given by Graham F. Towers, Governor of the Central Bank of Canada (from 1934 to 1955), before the Canadian Government's Committee on Banking and Commerce, in 1939.

An explanation of money and economics for us interested novices: Mises on Money

And a thread by me: Bloodsucking Bankers

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Hehe, TV license-wise, I've been getting the letters for months, now, saying that they're in the area and will be coming in to see me. I hope they do, so I can give them a cup of tea and show them that I definitively do not have a television.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Yes indeed unfortunately we do have a short memory for this sort of thing. Thom Hartmann (US radio host) believes we live in an 80 year cycle of these economic collapses by rampant corruption etc. I can't say i disagree with him.

I've been researching these subjects since I awoke about 13 years ago and so far I haven't successfully woken one person up, and it's not for want of trying. People cannot and don't deny the evidence I show them and agree that this event or that even really happened as I showed them but then they have this unbreakable wall of cognitive dissonance. One of my mate who is still in the bank now eventually admits the Bank of England, the Fed, central banks around the world and the monetary system is a scam, but he just giggles and talks about fluff and stuff of no substance. I have another friend who loves conspiracy dramas, but can't understand why I'd research it. She gets enjoyment out of fake conspiracy dramas but finds real conspiracies dull and boring. More cognitive dissonance.
edit on 7-1-2011 by spookfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Also I hope I am wrong but...based on past experience this thread will die before page 3. No one even cares on here...

We managed to keep Federal Reserve Being Exposed as World's Biggest Scam! click going for 9 pages !

I think most people are shell shocked by now and feel helpless to stop this Worldwide looting by a few families.

WASHINGTON -- A recent analysis of the 2007 financial markets of 48 countries has revealed that the world's finances are in the hands of just a few mutual funds, banks, and corporations. This is the first clear picture of the global concentration of financial power, and point out the worldwide financial system's vulnerability as it stood on the brink of the current economic crisis....
www.insidescience.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

LOL. the greatest monopoly players. i am a much bigger fan of scrabble or hungry hungry hippos.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

I'd love to be there with you. Make sure you put some salt in their tea or better yet toilet water, the type that makes snow yellow.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Very true. I'm doing my best here to get past page three but i'm already hogging the thread and really should walk away.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Film a childs Birthday party = felony Charge.
felony charge for taping childs birthday with movie in background.

Crash an economy = Millions in bonuses and who knows what other goodies.

What a world we live in. So what's next?

This SUCKS!

I am going to court over an S.O.B. who stole my Semi truck and 48 ft trailer (Lorry?) drove all over the east coast of the USA with it for six months (Proof from electronic Prepass logs) has four previous convictions including attempted murder and the MAX this felon will get is a two month suspended sentence where he is free and just has to report in to a cop periodically. It cost me over $5,000 to recover the truck and that does not include all the damage he did!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join