It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankers will receive billions in bonuses in 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Bankers will receive billions in bonuses in 2011

www.myfinances.co.uk

Royal Bank of Scotland, (RBS) is likely to pay around £1billion, less than last years £1.3 billion in bonus payments, but still an eye-wateringly high sum for a bank that is 83 per cent owned by UK taxpayers. Barclays are expected to pay out £5 billion in bonuses. This is less than the amount due from its results.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

edit on 1/7/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
this is my first thread so be gentle with me,and if ive done anything wrong please let me know......how can this be allowed to happen? i know alot of people myself included that are finding it pretty damn difficult at this time,this has not been broadcast heavily in the media what so ever. what are your views guys?

www.myfinances.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/7/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am sick to death of british bankers and the culture of bonuses, which don't seem to be FOR anything other than having an already over-inflated salary. Yes, if someone's made a profit for the company that is over and above the terms of their contract, they should receive a fraction of it as a bonus, but these amounts? They are insane!

Thanks for posting, by the way, S+F for interesting (if aggravating) information.

EDIT: Particularly distressing because the government is making everyone else pay through the nose for what the banks, so far as I can tell, got us into.
edit on 7/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by girdermonkey84

There is no need for ANYONE to be harsh on you. This issue is huge, and it is a worldwide phenomenon.

How it is usually allowed to happen is because the banks are RUNNING the political systems of most governments. They back and fund many of the gov officials campains, and in turn help steer policy once said candidates are sworn in as our "leaders".

Modern day politics are an absolute SHAM, dictated solely by wealth and power. The few victimizing the many.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

you took the words right out of my mouth! it really does amaze me the coverage this has had! there was a small clip on the news lastnight but today nothing at all! im pretty sure the whole of the uk will have the same opinion as you and i, it really is an absolute joke how we the general public are continuously being made to suffer all the while a select few are living the high life! these sort of people really do not have a clue what its like to be the average working person, oh and thankyou very much for my first s+f

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't know what to say.

My home will be repossessed in a couple of months

They'll all get theirs one day.

What goes around comes around.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

reading your post just made me feel all fiery inside! because we all know this but there is nothing we can do about it! its just madness! when//how can this ever end? it just seems to be getting worse every day it makes you feel so helpless sometimes

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

and i dont know what to say to you,i feel for you i really do but unfortunatley my friend you are one of possibly thousands! it is criminal and should not be allowed to happen,kicking people out of there homes! it truly is upsetting,i hope all works out for you mate

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's also a trend here in Australia
Ralph Norris the CEO of the Commonwealth Bank recently tried to defend his $16,000,000 a year package
(thats $128/sec or $7700 per hour )
Yet the banks here are raising interest rates ABOVE the Reserve Bank's rise. The RBA will raise by 25 basis pts and the banks will play tit for tat by raising their rates by 0.40% +
Thats like $50 a week repayment difference on a $400,000 mortgage.

edit on 7-1-2011 by lavenlaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

can i just clarify with you, your saying 16 million dollors a year?? how is that ever justified! really! i thought we had it rough here! is the same sort of thing happening over there too then? people losing there homes etc?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hey this is a great first thread.

I find this sickening, it makes my gut churn not just because of these outrageous bonuses but because we in Britain have been so thoroughly conquered by the banksters that there will be no scandal over this.

Also I hope I am wrong but...based on past experience this thread will die before page 3. No one even cares on here.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Film a childs Birthday party = felony Charge.
felony charge for taping childs birthday with movie in background.

Crash an economy = Millions in bonuses and who knows what other goodies.

What a world we live in. So what's next?
edit on 7-1-2011 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thing is we're too apathetic. We don't do anything. I won't do anything about this news nor will anyone else on here. We aren't made to put up with this we've been trained to put up with this.

Whats that quote?

the amount of tyranny we'll put up with is exactly the amount of tyranny we'll get- or something similar.

Also

We get the government we deserve.

Best thing we can do is prepare for the collapse in each and every way we can. Learn new skills, try your hand at growing veg, buy gold and silver. download, read and try out some survivalist PDFs.

One other thing. It's not a very well known fact but in the UK you have a RIGHT to own a shotgun. You do not have to give a reason, be a farmer or sport shooter. You have the RIGHT. The burden is on the police to prove you are not suitable to be an owner of a shotgun. So if you don't have a criminal record and don't suffer with mental health problems they wont be able to stop you owning the best piece of security you can get in the UK. Unfortunately I don't fall into that category. doh!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is one of the biggest scams ever.
These bankers basically gamble with made up money and then pay themselves telephone number salaries and bonuses as a pat on the back, get the UK taxpayers to bail them out when their made up money disappears (short selling anyone!?) and then laugh in our faces by just paying out the same again despite the normal taxpayer going through job losses, repossessions, debt chasers, can't afford the car anymore etc etc.

Truly truly sickening what this country has become. If it wasn't for my kids being here I would pack up and start again somewhere remote away from this demoralising country -
Bankers
Politicians
Criminals
Violence
Drugs
Amongst other things!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
Film a childs Birthday party = felony Charge.
felony charge for taping childs birthday with movie in background.

Crash an economy = Millions in bonuses and who knows what other goodies.

What a world we live in. So what's next?
edit on 7-1-2011 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

..................................................................................................wtf

sorry I was speechless there for a moment. That's simply stunning. WOW I can say no more............

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
bank exec bonuses = hush money and wealth redistribution
a thank you card from TPTB saying:

we thank you for your support and ur silence.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

You are spot on there. the trouble is that in the UK we have too many sheeple, hardly any of the general public is awake and most of those is the higher professions know what's going on and are too scared to do anything other than play along. In many respects the NWO agenda is further along here in the UK than the US. What the US has going for it is the many millions who are waking up.

Well that's four posts, I'm doing my bit to keep this thread from dying.

edit on 7-1-2011 by spookfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

first off thankyou very much,and i understand exactly what you are saying,its enough to make you physically sick! i was off work for about 3 weeks over christmas,self employed so no money coming in,i got my first wage packet this week for 4 days and do not have a penny left,good old BANK charges took the lot,it is kind of my fault but i have a 2 and a 1 year old that need feeding! banks win again,getting kind of used to it now how pathetic,
and i hope it stays for a little while it really is a big problem and we are all in it together

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
bank exec bonuses = hush money and wealth redistribution
a thank you card from TPTB saying:

we thank you for your support and ur silence.

Wealth distribution?? I don't really call it that when it's the wealthy paying the wealthy.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So, 2007 we had the crash...2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 our governments dithered and pandered, bankers collected their bonuses as normal....excepting the unfortnuate minority who lost their jobs and weren't rewarded with either a massive pay-off/retirement package or an alternative banking job...

Now, in 2011, even if a government were to intervene it is unlikely to affect actual 2011 bonus payout/collection...so that's 4 straight years of normal bonuses, renumeration packages, and fat retirements collected - those at the top (and to some extent surely those at the helm in the lead up to the collapse) just won't need to stay in the game, they could retire on what they have collected in those 4 years!...AND...if nothing is done...or very likely a new collapse (Euro/Dollar) occurs, this will become old news, overshadowed by greater events, they will all carry on under the smoke screen of the bigger event, whilst further weakened governments grapple with the aftermath.

Perhaps a retrospective tax collection could be made? Hmmmmm.....
edit on 7-1-2011 by curioustype because: Typo- oops missed 2009 out..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join