It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New data collected from sensors left on moon in 1971...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

New data collected from sensors left on moon in 1971...

www.dailymail.co.uk

It's an unlikely marriage between state-of-the-art and 40-year-old technology that has yielded extraordinary results.

Signals from seismic sensors left on the lunar surface by Apollo astronauts in 1971 have revealed that the Moon has a liquid core similar to Earth's.
Scientists at Nasa applied contemporary seismological techniques to the data being emitted from sensors placed by their colleagues during the U.S. space program's heyday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.drudgereport.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
explore.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Odlie but a Goodie,,,That's What My Wife Calls Me,,,,,

Looks like Old Technology is still working and giving us some amazing finds.
Look at the Voyager mission, still sending back information after 33 years? That something,, but then again, you have to remember, Voyager is using a small nuclear reactor to power itself.

But, back to the Moon:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/455cb7a96b11.jpg[/atsimg]
Core knowledge: Nasa applied contemporary seismological techniques to data being emitted from sensors left on the Moon in 1971. Scientists now think the Moon has a solid, iron-rich inner core and a fluid, primarily liquid-iron outer core

Now how about the device itself that is doing the work after all these years:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e183270cc53a.jpg[/atsimg]
Old technology: The Passive Seismic Experiment, a component of the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments Package deployed on the Moon by the Apollo 14 astronauts during their first extra-vehicular activity.

I think this is a great little story and what about the Hollow Moon and The Moon is a Spacecraft theories? What happens now?

MODS: I checked the search option and found no listing of this story, but if I'm wrong, please remove and if I put in the wrong thread location, again, I'm Sorry.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Liquid core???

Finally... The whole "The Moon is a giant, hollow, space-station" theory can be thrown out. [again]

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting.... but it leaves me wondering a lot of things, like the "ringing bell" experiments done by NASA that indicate some hollowness to the moon...

Perhaps the outer crust contains enough metal to give it those characteristics and inside is normal as most planets? But lack of any volcanic activity leaves some room to wonder about it having a liquid center..

Maybe time will answer more questions..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Slight clarification. This isn't new data being collected. This is data that was collected during the expierements and applying new techniques and knowledge to that data set.

The Apollo Passive Seismic Experiment consisted of four seismometers deployed between 1969 and 1972, which recorded continuous lunar seismic activity until late 1977.

...transmitted data to Earth until September 1977.
Apollo 15 Experiements

Not that it makes any less significant. It is good to see scientist actually looking at old data with new methods.
edit on 7-1-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Very interesting. I hope we go back on the moon, I'd love to see a space station on the moon, if its at all possible.

Just something I was thinking about, for all the ET believers, I think the place where they could hide would be in orbit on the dark side of the moon.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

That is a good question, the Ringing Bell
I remember that now. You believe it was due to Volcanic Caverns or Large Hollowed out areas from volcanic action on under the crust of the moon?

That is an interesting idea.

edit on 7-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Liquid core???

Finally... The whole "The Moon is a giant, hollow, space-station" theory can be thrown out. [again]

no, it's still a giant space station. It's just filled with beer.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Liquid core???

Or Can It

I was just told by another member,,,This is all B S because we never went to the Moon

So, there you go my friend,,, they can still claim that the Moon is the Death Star or Hollow or just an Old Dead Alien Space Craft Covered In Cosmic Dirt and Dust and there to help control our weather and tides and mode swings

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
how would those little censors sitting on top of the moons surface(that have been there for 40 years and apparently their battery is still running....) be able to accurately determine the contents of the moons core? There is no gravity and I`m sure the moon`s magnetic poles are a lot weaker then the poles found here on earth.

I mean it`s cool and interesting and all, but I don`t see how they could accurately come to this conclusion that the moon as a liquid core. Scientists aren`t even 100% the earth`s core is liquid.

Also since the moon has no atmosphere and the temperatures range from 100 degrees C to -173 degrees C on the one side, and the other always remaining dark and freezing, surely the sunlight is not enough to warm the moon right to it`s core, thus if the moon had a liquid core it would be frozen solid, and this would show up on the 40 year old sensors as the moon then having a solid core. So umm, yeah I just debunked this.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

a lunar molten iron core surrounding the solid one means a magnetic field should exist,

and that implies 'moonquakes' must occur as well.

didn't they figure that out already?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

the sensors only lasted till 1977.

the data was re interpreted by using new data processing algorithms.

nasa lunar seismicity project link

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
loagun,

The Lunar Surface Expiraments are all powered with Plutonium 238 nuclear batteries. There are FIVE of those still on the moon running at 70% power. They won't quit making power until 2130.

NASA is a failure. One of the experiments was a Lunar Dust sensor made by a Australian Scientist.

Nobody EVER looked at the data and now there is no operational piece of equipment on Earth to evaluate the Tape Reels that were just found last year.

Whattta waste.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Also since the moon has no atmosphere and the temperatures range from 100 degrees C to -173 degrees C on the one side, and the other always remaining dark and freezing, surely the sunlight is not enough to warm the moon right to it`s core, thus if the moon had a liquid core it would be frozen solid, and this would show up on the 40 year old sensors as the moon then having a solid core. So umm, yeah I just debunked this.

I'm amazed people still think that..
The "Dark Side" of the moon is named that simply because it's always facing away from us..

It actually gets MORE sunlight than the side facing us...
It not continually in the dark and frozen...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Now now now....
Don't tell the folks on ATS that we actually went to the moon.
They will be in an uproar.

But needless to say, the hollow moon theory is shot.

Man. I though for sure it was solid gold.
Just like in the cartoons.

What interests me is the fact that they used a small nuclear reactor for the voyager 40+ years ago.
Yet, they won't develop something for automobile use now.
Hmm....wonder why?
OPEC?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ah ok I figured they would be solar powered or something. So if the information is from 1977 and they are just interpreting it now then, ummmmm the reading is 30 years old? and theres only that one reading from that one spot? Theres no way in hell with that little bit of information that came from the 1977 pathetic technology that they read anything about the moons core. With the shuttle being so small that means whatever they brought would have had to be not very big, and minimal. Here is a link to see the size of a seismic sensors on earth here being hoisted up that will be used to measure volcanic activity.

www.ov.ingv.it...

Okay so that`s for measuring volcano`s, and NASA is suppose to have brought some kind of seismic sensors in 1977 that would have had the same level of technology as a typewriter was able to shoot off a few sonars, and then have them bounced back revealing a liquid core.

Nope.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I will share my ignorance with you now. I thought that the general thinking was that the moon was formed after a collision of something pretty big with our planet earth blasting material into orbit around the planet which in turn formed the moon.

if the moon has a centre like this would it throw out this theory on how it was formed. would it?

i always looked on the moon as just a big lump of space rock.

now we been told it has a good bit more water than originally thought and now this news on its centre. Appears there is a lot more to the moon that we thought. We are just being told about this. It seems as though we had all this info already , just not properly analysed. thats the official line.

maybe i am a fool, but i can't help feelin somebody's hand is been forced. people have been told to start telling the truth or else it will be done for them. Its happening fairly slow , but it is happening.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by loagun

I'm amazed people still think that..
The "Dark Side" of the moon is named that simply because it's always facing away from us..

It actually gets MORE sunlight than the side facing us...
It not continually in the dark and frozen...

Oh really... my bad. That damn Richard C. Hoagland on Coast to Coast AM preaching about the structures on the `dark` side of the moon`.

Still, with sunlight and no atmosphere to keep the heat around the moon instead of bouncing off the core would be frozen solid if it is liquid.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

The moon's core would not be molten because of sunshine. Do you think the earth's core is molten because of the heat from the sun? Seriously, you really think THAT much heat is absorbed to melt the interior of a planet?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

sooooo..why is it they are finally studying this important bit now? new way of studying it I guess. that's good
but it sure is convenient truth that is for sure..a very good example of coincidence for all the hollow moon
theorists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join