It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Package ignites at D.C. postal facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here we go again... just breaking...

wtop.com

WASHINGTON - At least one package has ignited at a D.C. postal facility, D.C. Police tell WTOP.
Police say one or two packages ignited at a post office in the 3300 block of V Street in Northeast shortly after 3 p.m. Friday.

The incident comes a day after two incendiary devices were sent to Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley and Maryland Transportation Secretary Beverley Swaim-Staley.

another brief report found here:
www.wusa9.com...

edit on Fri, 07 Jan 2011 14:54:32 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yeah i just saw it on MSM: foxnews and cnn...

just sounds like more false flag to me

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am reminded of Magicians when I hear about these mail bombs.

Look here^^^^ while I reach in your pocket and take what you've got. Abbra Cadabbra!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The MD packages were blamed on someone being disgruntled at the electronic road signs telling people to report suspicious activity. Figuring that the current administration leans to the left, and many many right leaning/center citizens (in general, yes many left leaning citizens too.) think that Homeland Security, T.S.A. and etc are going to too many extremes with searching people needlessly and retaliating against people who tell the truth...sure seems like a way to tighten their grip even further on our presonal freedoms and liberties. Just gives them an excuse to clamp down harder on us. IMO

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I hadn't heard about the incident today - any updates?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Clearly our mail is not safe.. we should instead stand in line at post offices to have packages scanned before we mail them, and pay a surcharge to cover the cost, with an added tax. We should then submit to a background and credit check to make sure we are not terrorist before mailing our packages. And just for good measure, post office employees should open every package and look inside. Only then will our mail be safe!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

here's the latest....

3rd package ignites: addressed to Homeland security

WASHINGTON — An official says the D.C. package that ignited at a postal facility was addressed to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

The department official spoke Friday on condition of anonymity because it was an ongoing investigation.

The package at the D.C. facility ignited a day after fiery packages were sent to Maryland’s governor and transportation secretary burned the fingers of workers who opened them.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A recent update suggests yesterday's incidents may be related to today's.

WASHINGTON -- A package addressed to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano ignited at a Washington postal facility Friday, a day after fiery packages sent to Maryland's governor and transportation secretary burned the fingers of workers who opened them. It was unclear if the package had the right address, but a law enforcement official confirmed to Fox News that Napolitano's name was on it and it appears to be related to the packages that ignited Thursday in Maryland. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
S&F

the key word here is package of course,
expect new rules concerning the mail.

awww noo!! they're attacking the wicked witch of the west!!

obviously a FF

or they would have used a water-bomb to get her

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What is wrong with people? You don't kill to make a point!!! There are other, more logical and constructive ways to make a point or even to complain.

Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Homeland Security - I hope this sort of thing doesn't continue. I just ordered several things online and now I will have to get my hound dog to inspect the packages before opening.

top topics

join