It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fracking the life out of Arkansas and beyond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Fracking the life out of Arkansas and beyond

www.thepeoplesvoice.org

the US military apparently drilled 500 deep wells in Central Arkansas to dispose of phosgene, a highly toxic gas that causes the respiratory system to explode. (As reported below, deep well drilling causes earthquakes.) According to the EU Times, Russia’s spy agency, GRU, reported that the US relocated 63,000 metric tons of phosgene from Iraq to the Arkansas' Pine Bluff Arsenal, the nation’s premier chemical and bio weapons lab. Some or most of this material was and continues to be relocated to Afghanistan.

The GRU report claims that while transporting the gas via a US Air Force KC-767
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Not only is this disturbing, but it may help explain the birds, and why so close to the New Madrid?

I have not taken much time to digest and formulate much of an opinion on this writing, but it will lead me down a road untraveled in my researching.
I do hope you enjoy, if that term may even be linked with this ugly news.
My heart goes out to any and all peoples who reside anywhere near these types of under ground wells.

www.thepeoplesvoice.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by recycled

What even makes them think that this Is ok?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I currently reside in central Arkansas, very close to where all the drilling is done. We experience small earthquakes weekly. When people ask questions they are pretty much called stupid. I know someone who is working on their masters in biology. She did her thesis on this stuff and presented a lot interesting information. In her home town Faulkner county, a crew of oil workers wrecked a truck filled with chemicals. These chemicals were the same ones used for fraccing. The area was shut off and simply cleaned with water and with my personal experience with hazardous chemicals, this is going to do nothing other than help spread them even further. This stuff gets in your drinking water causing cancer and other serious diseases.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yea this is scary stuff and not just the technique they use, but the chance that safety regulations and standards will be ignored and profits before safety will continue to cause havoc.
Here's a couple of relative links on this process and the associated problems.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
coto2.wordpress.com...

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A friend of mine says "If it was phosgene, there would have been massive fluid drainage from the nose and mouth of the birds. Phosgene causes the lungs to fill with fluid and when you are lying on the ground it tends to leak from the mouth and nose. I saw no evidence of this in the bird photos from Arkansas."

But would birds be affected in the same manner as humans? Their systems may in some ways be similar to humans, but enough?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Birds are not known for drooling, I don't think you'd see much "leaking" from a birds mouth if it was gassed with phosgene.

disrupts the blood-air barrier, causing suffocation.

If Birds are dropping from the sky from Phosgene ...get out of Arkansas and never go back.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
THe first thought that comes to my mind on this is that I was under the inpression that we didnt find any wmps. So why are we drilling holes in ARK to get rid of it? Seems to me that with the beatdown President Bush took in the media about not finding wmps he would have held up 5 lbs. worth as proof. what do you think he would have done with tons of it?

join