It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC's Jacob Volkmann visited by the Secret Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
UFC 125: Resolution was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on January 1, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Antonio McKee
Volkmann defeated McKee via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).

In the post-fight interview [@2:55 vid below], Jacob Volkmann made the following comments:

Interviewer: Alright, so now you've got a big win over a veteran; who do you want next?

JV: Ah, it doesn't matter. Ah, mm.. Guida. I donno, I... actually: Obama. (..like..)

Interviewer: Wow! You're calling out Barrack Obama right now, that's pretty big; that's ballsy.

JV: He's [Obama] is not too bright. He's made a lot of [poor decisions], like the [Making Home Affordable] plan and his, Health Care plan.. Someone's got to knock some sense into that idiot.

Jacob Volkmann then goes on to explain how he is a practicing Chiropractor and understands the stress Obama's Health Care plan would place on the system; and that the effects of Health Care would worsen an already bleak situation.

en.wikipedia.org...
He is a board licensed chiropractor, who graduated from Northwestern Health Sciences University. He operates his own practice in White Bear Lake MN, Volkmann Chiropractic.

Jacob Volkmann states in this follow-up interview that on Tuesday (January 4th, 2011), he was payed a friendly visit by United States Secret Service.

JV: He just wanted to make sure I wasn't goin' to D.C. to harm the President.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Seems a bit off tempo for what the SS.. er... Secret Service should be *really* looking out for.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Any threat made against the POTUS is going to be investigated, particularly if it's on a medium that has broad distribution. I don't disagree that it may seem that many of these investigations are trivial, but there is much precedent so I'm not surprised the Secret Service went to visit Mr. Volkmann.
edit on 7-1-2011 by DeusVult because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
LOL. That's funny.
The guy is a trained fighter and if he got close enough could do some damage.
It's the SS's job to check out all threats.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They just told him to keep his mouth shut about the president in public.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Exactly what I thought. One of those headlines you hear that make you go, "What?"

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The secret service are a group of people that have never heard of critical thinking, dunces spring to mind when i hear the name of this group.

If you thought the american president was a bad person like gw bush was, and your gov was stealing your thoughts and you never wanted to goto america in your life. The people taking your thoughts could ring up this crack pot group and say your a threat when you have no intention of ever going to america in your life and have never done anything wrong.

Just thinking usa pres is evil is enough for this dunce group to see you as a threat.

Shows how bad the system is. Get it, if our passive all your life and you just think usa pres is evil, these clowns see you as a threat when virtually everyone on earth thought gw bush was a murderer.
edit on 1/7/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Obama responds.

Click on the video.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That's right andy1033! Because YOU ARE A TERRORIST! According to the MIAC Report you are a terrorist if you:

- Displaying bumper stickers and other paraphernalia associated with the Constitutional, Campaign for Liberty, and Libertarian parties
- Supporting Congressman Ron Paul
- Supporting former presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin
- Supporting former Congressman Bob Barr
- Opposing the implementation of a North American Union
- Owning gold bullion
- Displaying historical U.S. flags
- Opposing abortion
- Talking about the documentary Zeitgeist

According to an earlier document issued by the Joint Terrorism Task Force (page 1page 2), the following behaviors, actions or interests are also signs of terrorism.

- Being interested in animal rights
- Being a “lone individual”
- Making numerous references to the U.S. Constitution
- Defending the U.S. Constitution
- Claiming driving is a right, not a privilege
- Refusing to identify yourself to an authority figure
- Attempting to monitor the actions of police
- Being bald

What about the Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Law Enforcement pamphlet where you're suspect if you are:

- Being a “nice guy”
- Wearing Levi jeans
- Communicating predominantly by cell phone, email or text message
- Looking “normal” in appearance
- Renting a car
- Staying in a hotel or apartment
- Renting a storage facility
- Using cash to make large purchases
- Using pre-paid cellphones or hand-held radios
- Owning large amounts of medicines, alcohol, or baby formula
- Gaining support for a cause by holding meetings, public rallies, or demonstrations
- Gaining support for a cause by using websites, posters, leaflets, or underground press publications
- Possessing a photo-copy of your drivers license, passport, social security card or birth certificate
- Possessing or purchasing GPS technology
- Walking, biking or driving near “potential targets”
- Taking photographs of “potential targets,” including bridges, power plants or government buildings

Or the Virginia training manual:
- Being a property-rights activist
- Trying to influence government or social policy
- Undermining confidence in the government
- Using a sketch pad, camera, map, binoculars or scuba equipment

Naw'mean?

edit on 7-1-2011 by igigi because: skulduggery.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
Obama responds.

Click on the video.
S* for you my friend! Don't watch Leno much (.. it ... blows?) but that tickles me..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

Funny the SS used to work for the people
you know, going after counterfeiters and such.
i understand they still do but that's all overshadowed by thir being a brainwashed Praetorian guard

my,my what is "the most powerful man in the world" so scared of.

edit on 7-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Well, when you're placed in a state-of-mind that forces your to think all actions are direct/impending threats to your agency and it's mission....

Wait, isn't that called being Paranoid Schizophrenic?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sending in the SS to speak to this man is, in essence a "knee jerk" reply.
Wanting to make sure that Volkmann wasn't making plans to go to DC to follow through is most
definitely a sign of just how TPTB know that joe public just might be powerful enough to turn things around.

They really didn't have to have a face to face with him, they could have checked him out and stayed behind the scenes, like they do with the most of us. He is a "celebrity" of sorts and they know he likes to speak publicly. Therefore, in an attempt to put "the scare in 'em"...cause they knew he would tell the world he was visited by the Secret Service...that way they figure they gain the upper hand. They are big on the "fear factor"

The whole political system we have to deal with in the US/World, is like a chess game. Never played? Maybe you should check it out....then you will know too.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d77d20b0c3d.jpg[/atsimg]
White to play and mate in three. Construct a game that will leave the position shown above after Black's sixteenth move.

new topics

top topics

join