It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamophobia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
[The Rising East]This is war on Islamic extremism

john

Ever since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, President George W. Bush has urged the civilized world to join the United States in what he calls a war on terror. Voices are being raised now, however, to say that is misleading and the war should be fought not against terrorism but against an adversary defined as militant Islamic extremists.

Link

*Mod edit: do NOT copy-paste entire news articles, and always provide a link.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You have outlined in your opinion what the problem is. Now how do we go about resolving this crisis? To concede to there demands is not an option.
Cover our heads in the sand hoping it will go away is only avoiding the issue. Declaring a state of war is not an option.
I believe that all the thousands of what you called good Muslims are the only tool at our disposal to fight against the fanatics. Convince these good Muslims that there religious zealots need to be curbed. This can be done either through force or the spoken word.
If this does not seem appealing give me some further choices.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
WHERE are all of those good Muslims? Where were they when Berg was beheaded. Where were they when Johnson was beheaded? Where were they after 911 (except to say they are being persecuted...waaah). I really have yet to hear any of these good Muslims anywhere voice their opposition to what these terrorists are doing in the name of THEIR religion.Their silence is deafening!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
WHERE are all of those good Muslims? Where were they when Berg was beheaded. Where were they when Johnson was beheaded? Where were they after 911 (except to say they are being persecuted...waaah). I really have yet to hear any of these good Muslims anywhere voice their opposition to what these terrorists are doing in the name of THEIR religion.Their silence is deafening!

How about you open your ears and listen? I am of an islamic background (i dont really consider myself islamic though) ALL my relatives and islamic friends condemn terror attacks carried out by muslim extremists. Have you ever actually talked to a muslim? Or are you just watching the news and noticing the lack of coverage these good muslims get. I'll bet your noticing the silence in the media, which isnt because the muslims arent voicing their opinions its because the media isnt reporting it.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Oh yeah...I think the liberal media would put it on the air in a moment flat if anyone was talking. How about the Islamic LEADERS around the world. I don't recall hearing anything about them voicing their concern about what these terrorists are doing and invoking their religion while they do it. I'm listening....

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The 'liberal media', the great conservative myth... terror attacks are condemned by the majority of Islamic leaders around the world, its just no-one hears them. Even the 'evil' Arafat condemns the actions of Hamas. I'm not defending terrorists, i'm defending Islam. Keep in mind there are terrorists who are not islamic as well but no-one wants to go attack them.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

How about you open your ears and listen? I am of an islamic background (i dont really consider myself islamic though) ALL my relatives and islamic friends condemn terror attacks carried out by muslim extremists. Have you ever actually talked to a muslim? Or are you just watching the news and noticing the lack of coverage these good muslims get. I'll bet your noticing the silence in the media, which isnt because the muslims arent voicing their opinions its because the media isnt reporting it.

The fascist, warlike nature of Islam is embodied in the concept of holy war, or jihad. In Islam, humanity is divided into two groups, the umma (Muslims) and the Harbi (non-Muslims). The umma reside in the Dar al-Islam (the Land of Islam) and the Harbi live in the Dar al-Harb (the Land of Warfare). All acts of war are permitted in the Dar al-Harb. The ultimate goal is to stretch the boundaries of the Dar al-Islam over the entire globe. The Koran therefore instructs Muslims:

9.5-6.: "Kill those who join other gods with God wherever you may find them."

4.76.: "Those who believe fight in the cause of God."

8.12.: "I will instill terror into the hearts of the Infidels, strike off their heads then, and strike off from them every fingertip."

www.hinduunity.org...

Make no mistake about it: The Muslim terrorists are still at war with us. They will strike us again. It is a natural part of real Islam. The tragedy is that until we realize the darkness in Islam, we will not be able to properly confront and deal with that darkness.

answering-islam.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
what that atually fails to mention leiphasw, is that originally islam considered 'infidels' to be anyone who was of a religion that didnt follow 'the book' i/e not christian, jewish, or islamic. Obviously some extremists have contorted this teaching. Also where it states to fight, it doesnt mention to use violence, it basically means spread the word of allah, or 'fight' against other teachings by teaching the koran. Also those quotes and sites you gave are so obviously bias and part of the 'Islamaphobia' that plagues the USA and much of the western world.

I'm not fussed if people choose to be ignorant or bigoted coz its your loss if you choose to not learn about a rich and deep culture/religion, and i'm sure Osama doesnt care what you think, in fact Osama would love you guys to keep hating Islam coz then it gives the USA more excuses to attack Islamic nations, which in turn drives more people to Al-Qaeda. But i'm sure Abdul who lives down the road does care, as he is trying to live a life as a westerner but its the westerners who are blocking him out and shunning him because of their ignorance to anything outside their cozy little boxes, and their refusal to listen to voices that arent expressed through the so-called 'liberal' media (which is a joke but thats not the point being argued here).

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i hear you, specialasianX. I talked to muslims about terrorism and no one likes to be stigmatized becos of a few extremists. Jalengrma, your ignorance is mindblowing, have you ever actually talked to a muslim? And if i remember correctly, almost all leaders of muslim countries very strongly condemned the 911 attacks. Or is this something that US media missed? I live in a neighbourhood were most people are morocan and turkish, never had any problems though... u?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
what that atually fails to mention leiphasw, is that originally islam considered 'infidels' to be anyone who was of a religion that didnt follow 'the book' i/e not christian, jewish, or islamic. Obviously some extremists have contorted this teaching. Also where it states to fight, it doesnt mention to use violence, it basically means spread the word of allah, or 'fight' against other teachings by teaching the koran. Also those quotes and sites you gave are so obviously bias and part of the 'Islamaphobia' that plagues the USA and much of the western world.

Did you actually read the second link I provided? The pundit of that link goes into much detail explaining that Christians and Jews are listed in Koran as those that if they don't either convert to Islam or pay the extortion tax ("jizya") to the Muslims, must die.

That doesn't sound very non-violent to me. I don't consider it "Islamaphobia" if a people group, i.e. Christians and Jews, are a bit defensive against an entire culture that is raised and taught that they should kill you if you don't convert or pay a tax to them. Perhaps you don't understand the full Islamic faith you admit you aren't really one of.

Many people call themselves particular religions or denominations, but are so luke warm and ignorant of the actual teachings of the faith or denomination that it is really just an adjective they throw around to feel included. Most peope, if questioned by someone who actually does understand their faith, don't really know what their religion teaches.

Just because your Grandmother or Uncle or Aunt is a particular flavor of religion does NOT just naturally create some understanding of the teachings of that faith in you. Racially I am part (a microscopically small part) Cherokee Indian. That doesn't give me any special understanding of anything about the Cherokee beliefs or way of life. If I would go around touting my Cherokee-ness and defending some Cherokee custom based on my own non-factual conclusions I developed on my own, that would be a pretty illogical thing to do.

I feel that most people defending the Islamic faith as a peace loving faith just don't really know what they are talking about. They are describing a faith that is like they think it should be in their minds, not what the actual teachings of the Koran are. They believe that the Islamic faith is what they want it to be...not what it actually is. Even going to a Mosque and hearing a cleric "preach" from the Koran doesn't necessarily mean the cleric is any better off than the one creating the illusion in their own mind.

That last little bit isn't a slam on Muslim clerics in particular. You can go to many churches/mosques/synogoges and hear preaching that is totally unrelated to the teachings in the Bible, Koran, Torah... you name it. Most people are not taught the truth from whatever book they base their faith on. You must study it yourself.

The Christian Bible commends people for, "Searching the scriptures daily to see if these things [the teachings they are hearing] are so." (Acts 17)

[edit on 9-7-2004 by leiphasw]

new topics

top topics

join