It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Violate Constitution Almost Immediatly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

No, I have faith in the Tea Party folks. Who is this GOP?

Oh, when Feingold began his downward trend to being a corporatist, I did not vote for him.

Hmmm, Like I said, I will deride them when there is something of SUBSTANCE to deride them for.

Until then, Hyperbole.

But hey, did you see on the News, BIDEN outsmarted a 2 Year old.

You folks must be SOOOOO proud.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You don't think that this is significant? A strict constitutionalist does not think that it is a problem for lawmakers to make laws without swearing their oath of office first? Would you be so lenient with the Democrats?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

So, has their been a Constitutional breakdown?

Like I said, reintroduce the legislation. Did they vote on anything?

Throw out the votes they tallied.

Tell me, can YOU POINT TO THE PART OF THE CONSTITUTION, that REQUIRES THE SWEARING IN CEREMONY?

Here you go, point it out to me-www.constitutionallibertarian.co.cc...

I mean, were these people NOT elected by their constituents? Are they NOT ELIGIBLE or something. There is not an ELIGIBILITY issue is there?

SOMEONE, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller

I mean, it is not like they have been hiding something for two years is it?

Want to do the hyperbole? I am very good at that.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
But hey, did you see on the News, BIDEN outsmarted a 2 Year old.

At least he did it without making the kid cry. He even offered up a trade for the the paper the kid took out of his hand. Very diplomatic solution in my opinion, considering his alternative was scolding the kid and risk being chastised by the right-wing media for being a Nazi kid hater.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
So, has their been a Constitutional breakdown?

Yep. Article VI, Section III

Emphasis is mine:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

You are correct it is not an eligibility issue. It is a Constitutional issue. Just like my job, in which I was unable to administer official duties until I was bound by Oath (which is silly, because I was bound when I gave my oath in the military and never renounced it.)

Post Script: I also believe that the House Rules (specifically Jefferson's Manual) gives direction that the Oath is to be administered by the Clerk, but I also believe that another Officer can administer it. Still researching that.

edit on 7-1-2011 by ownbestenemy because: fixed quotes

edit on 7-1-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

And the obfuscation begins. They also have no memory of the 8 Bush years, I guess that Presidency didn't happen. I can only imagine how the next two years will play out.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I am glad you posted it. As soon as I commented I said awwwww..........#.

I knew there was a reason for the oath of office.

Anyway, now that they have given their oath, I am sure they will be held to it, right?

Just like all of them have been held to it over the last 100 years.

Still think the Declaration is more important now than the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Don't worry, Democrats will get around to the Declaration of Independence in time to give it its fair share of disrespect and hypocritical conduct. And Republicans will be right there with them, helping them out

edit on 7-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

They, along with the Clerk, who is accountable to the Congress should be admonished at least. A slap on the wrist to show Americans that they are not just putting on a political show.

The reason I include the Clerk, is that in the first session of a new congress, the clerk is to read aloud all members of Congress.

2. (a) At the commencement of the first session of each Congress, the Clerk shall call the Members, Delegates, and Resident Commissioner to order and proceed to record their presence by States in alphabetical order, either by call of the roll or by use of the electronic voting system.

I also though have yet to find in the House Rules about how, when and under what circumstances the Oath must be administered. Can it be done remotely? Can it be done retroactively? Still scouring the House Rules on that one.

I might have jumped the gun in labeling their acts thereafter as unconstitutional though. Since the Constitution leaves each House to make its own rules, I have to research the rules therein to find out if there is a particular method that is the only acceptable form of administration of the Oath.

I believe this one is still up for debate.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Yeah last night I was reading at Pajamas and a side conversation got into that component. What is an acceptable format for the oath. I should have brought that up. I am a little haggard here reading as much as I do.

Thanks for the kick in the butt for the mistake. I have been known to make them.

One day I will be perfect, I just KNOW IT.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

This is what sets mankind apart from the rest of the animal kingdom. The ability to discuss, debate, reason, and critically think using not only our emotional (primal) states but also our logical (human) states to manipulate and form the world around us.

I haven't found any specific rules onto where and how the Oath is to be administered. My Oath was given in front of the flag, with my boss (an authorized officer) administering it to me. The Senate does all its members in one large fell swoop. The House does it in groups. The military does it groups where we must repeat the oath.

This is why I have backtracked a bit to find out if there votes were unconstitutional because the question still remains; To what capacity does the Oath need to be administered? Witnesses all saw the two representatives take the Oath did they not? Did they affirm or swear to the Oath?

Ultimately this is a gaffe that the Democrats will use to great lengths, just as the Republicans would do the same if the tables were turned.

Yet this thread and board is up in arms while they both continue to run the country dry....was it not George Washington state something to the likes of "The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury"? But by God we will point out all these mistakes that the other side has done! See! Look they are bad!

Now that I have morphed the later portion of this post into a rant, I will continue.

Grow up! Everyone! Start realizing that you are not truly engaged in your governance unless you actively either participate directly or indirectly starting at the local level. Yet we all blow those elections off even though they are the elections that directly and immediately affect upon your lives. They are the elections that shape your schools that you dump your kids off to. They shape your neighborhoods. Though they are massively ignored.

Then we have State elections. Again, no interest. Even though it should have a higher priority than any national election. We complain about the Electoral College, yet unless you open a new page, the large majority has no idea how and why we use it. Oh well. We die a glorious death as a Nation by failing to keep a Republic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join