It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine vet's 20-foot flagpole has homeowners association filing suit over a display of patriotism t

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow such idiots...

Dont they know who they picked a fight with... A retired US Marine....

If I was his lawywer I would advise him to kill them... Every member of the HOme owners association... Make an example out of them...

Had to double check, yeah buddy.... Texas...

TEXAS CASTLE LAW....

invite them over (the HA) verbally then hang em, because they have threatened him and the core...

US the republican strategy for punishing criminals... Make an example out of a few of them and the rest will fall in line.....

Oh I went there

I say kill them and do it now..... For freedom... For our children...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by kozmo

What you say is true and is the reason I have never moved into a place like that. You trade a bit of freedom for "property value". The choice is BEFORE we move into the place not after.

Thank you.

YES - the CHOICE is BEFORE you move in.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

If this honorable contract breaker truly feels he has right on his side then a petition seems perfect. Apparently he has two neighbors that would sign it. Perhaps someone should suggest he go that route.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by kozmo

I am always curious how someone can revel in breaking contracts and thusly ruining their good name? Your statement has informed us all that you do not honor your commitments and in fact take great pleasure in defrauding those with whom you have contractual relationships.

This is a behavior you seem to be proud of?

Yup, yep and yessiree!!! My good name is great, thank you very much!
In fact, I'm pleased to brag that through petitioning I have already had 4 bylaws completely repealed which resulted in 8 lawsuits being dropped.

Look I'm all for keeping your lawn mowed, house painted and no boats and RVs on the driveway, but when I need approval to plant some freaking flowers, that is bridge too far! A bridge so far in fact, that I will not venture to cross it out of principle. But thank you very much for your hasty generalization/ ad hominem/red herring. It was fun reading.

And for your information, the bylaws that I agreed to were 4 pages in length when I moved in. It now exceed 20 pages and not one was voted on by the community, they were implemented by the board. So as far as I am concerend, I continue to honor the contract I signed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
No one is saying he can't have a flag, What if the regulation is 18 feet? or 12 feet? Thats still nice and high.

To be honest, he probably has a limp wrist neighbor watching his every move looking for broken bylaws.

In a condo you can get away with anything, until someone reports you.

This Marine is at war with a local dweeb.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

You can song and dance all you want but the simple fact is you are not abiding by the HOA as you agreed to do when you moved in.

I can tell you now that I would never do business with someone whom holds contracts in the regard that you do.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by kozmo

What you say is true and is the reason I have never moved into a place like that. You trade a bit of freedom for "property value". The choice is BEFORE we move into the place not after.

Thank you.

Wow a lot of grandstanding by some people who have no idea what the freak they're talking about!
Sure, go on and pass judgement about people when you know nothing of their circumnstance. I know you and your ilk, looking down your noses at all of those inferior litle people around you who lack your level of character and good judgement.

I signed an HOA agreement that was 4 pages long. Today it is over 20 pages and the community did not vote to enact the additional 16 or so pages of by-laws. The board did that. So, I am honoring my original contract and disregarding the portion that have decided to enact by decree. But you knew all of that when you elected to pass judgement, of course!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

The marine is trying to do something that he specifically said he would not do when he signed the HOA contract. It is that simple.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by kozmo

You can song and dance all you want but the simple fact is you are not abiding by the HOA as you agreed to do when you moved in.

I can tell you now that I would never do business with someone whom holds contracts in the regard that you do.

Oh, I'm so sad!
I woke up this morning and set out specifically to have your approval of me as a human being. Looks like I should just go back to bed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Certainly the contract you signed had a provision within it covering the creation and addition of rules. Otherwise they are in complete violation of the contract altogether and you are an idiot for abiding by any of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It was probally one of those super huge flags that blocks out the sun for neighbors, f**king wh I would be pissed too, flags are pointless anyway, the shrink wrap the brain.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The contract would spell out a means by which additional by laws or codes would be enacted and if you did not like the method you did not have to sign the contract and move on to the property. Had you chosen to read the contract you would have known how the HOA code is expanded.

Its not good judgement or intellectual to read a contract that you sign nor is it a sign of an evolved person to honor an agreement they enter into; both are common sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by kozmo

Certainly the contract you signed had a provision within it covering the creation and addition of rules. Otherwise they are in complete violation of the contract altogether and you are an idiot for abiding by any of it.

I just love your self-righteousness! It is so... um, becoming? Sure it did, but would it be reasonable to expect that in 8 years it would grow by 500%. My favorite rule is that I only 51% of households to sign a petiton to repeal a rule, which I have done, and 2/3 of the househols to sign a petition to disband the entire HOA, which I am working on. So, now it is ok for you to move along and pass judgement on someone else - we're done here.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I passed judgement on no one. I was simply taking not of your um "logic." You say that you only adhere to the contract that you originally signed all while leaving out the fact that you ignore the part of that same contract you signed allowing them to make new rules. Claiming to abide by that all while claiming new rules break the contract is quite humorous. If you feel self rightious in your stance that the contract has been rendered null by their abiding and your not and therefore you ignore parts but still go ahead and adhere to others makes you feel good, by all means enjoy that. You are just going to have to accept that I find those kinds of "logical" acrobatics very entertaining. You move along, I was here first.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I'm glad you have a copy of my contract and have taken the time to read it in detail. It must be so satisying to live in such a "Black and white, I'm awlays right" world! I'm happy for you, really, I am.

link   
reply to post by kozmo

I am not passing judgement I am simply reminding you that you signed a contract and that you are obligated to live up to your word and the stipulations in the contract. I applaud that you are following the guidelines laid out by your HOA to repeal parts or all of the HOA control and hope that you succeed; if indeed the majority of the people no longer want HOA governance.

I do not applaud your having gone about cutting down trees and planting flower beds that are in direct violation of the HOA guidelines you willingly accepted when you purchased your home. Your actions there have placed you in breach of contract.

Your statements regarding me being condescending to you or other such distractions still do not change the fact that you are willfully violating a contract you agreed to obey.

link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by kozmo

Thank you.

Wow a lot of grandstanding by some people who have no idea what the freak they're talking about!

Assume - - well you know.

You assume I have never had any dealings with an HOA - - because they are not specific to your own. And you would know this how?

However - - - trying to derail the FACT - - that this man did know and sign a contract specifying how a flag can be displayed in his community - - - is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinnthia

I'm glad you have a copy of my contract and have taken the time to read it in detail. It must be so satisying to live in such a "Black and white, I'm awlays right" world! I'm happy for you, really, I am.

I am not exactly sure what is going on at your end of this conversation but I actually made a very clear GUESS based on the contract I SIGNED. You then went on to confirm it for me

Sure it did, but

Not sure what you are arguing. Do you have a point?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Obviously several posters in this forum are either a.) HOA board members or b.) Those who live in specially gated communities to avoid the hoi poloi, like me.

You all are too much. No really, you ARE too much!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thats the Home Owners Association for you. They have 911 on speed dial. Nothing but a bunch of housewife's, that have been watching Law and Order all day, desperately seeking meaning to they're miserable life's.

I've lived in neighborhoods with these so called "organizations" keeping guard. They just look for reasons to control your life. Which reminds me... There was an episode of Bulls... on Showtime, where an elderly man was jailed, due to the HOA pressing charges for him not treating his lawn properly. He had no money to do so.

edit on 8-1-2011 by baked because: typo

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join