It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It does make sense.

I thought I had read on another thread, that the shift had sped up to 40mpy. Might have thrown off their sensors more than they were used to.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I don't think we disagree on the fact that this is rational. When a canary dies in a coal mine, it's rational as well. And the cause of death is typically COPD of some sort.. however the root cause of the death becomes the coal mine.

If the Immediate cause of death is the cold, then the root cause being the pole shift makes sense.

Though I agree that the "empty stomach hypothesis" requires more investigation.

Obviously we are all speculating right now and have to wait on lab reports... but there is also the frustration of this being dismissed.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

So a more rapid pole shift would be difficult for birds to adapt to.

Interesting...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The article is two years old, but yeah:

The magnetic north pole had moved little from the time scientists first located it in 1831. Then in 1904, the pole began shifting northeastward at a steady pace of about 9 miles (15 kilometers) a year.

In 1989 it sped up again, and in 2007 scientists confirmed that the pole is now galloping toward Siberia at 34 to 37 miles (55 to 60 kilometers) a year.

Link

But it seems like it was a gradual speed up, so the birds could have adapted.

Edit:

Interesting . . .

Note the date and compare with the above article that I posted:

Worthington MN, March 13, 1904: 750,000 Bird Fall.

edit on 1/7/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: Interesting developement

edit on 1/7/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Most of the birds were found early in the morning, which means they did not have time to eat yet. Your stomach is empty to every morning.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
Most of the birds were found early in the morning, which means they did not have time to eat yet.

Of course they didn't....they were dead.

Your stomach is empty to every morning.

Not always...and I'm not a bird. Apples & oranges.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was trying to explain the reason for the empty stomachs.As usual I can see that ATS is full of people that post crap like all birds had trauma, then after I explained it 3 days ago which people laughed at, now all of a sudden the vets are saying the same thing its due to the fall. The reason why these birds stomachs were empty when they found them is BECAUSE they hadn't had the chance to eat yet. Most normal people have an empty stomach in the morning, note that I said Normal.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
I was trying to explain the reason for the empty stomachs.As usual I can see that ATS is full of people that post crap like all birds had trauma, then after I explained it 3 days ago which people laughed at, now all of a sudden the vets are saying the same thing its due to the fall. The reason why these birds stomachs were empty when they found them is BECAUSE they hadn't had the chance to eat yet. Most normal people have an empty stomach in the morning, note that I said Normal.

You may be right, but the way you worded it...saying they hadn't had a chance to eat yet because they were found in the morning.

I believe it has been established that the birds died just shy of midnight, so we need to establish when the birds quit feeding and roosted for the night. Then we need to establish how rapidly their digestive systems work. Then we can determine whether we should have expected food to be in their stomachs or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Cold temps are not the ROOT cause.. .perform your root cause analysis and you get the trigger being the Pole Shift... which is not very common.. though natural.

You are referring to a magnetic reversal, not a pole shift which is sometimes called a crustal shift or more properly a TPW.

The changes of the pole are so slight that the location where the die offs occurred see little effect. Die offs are often caused by people in the form of wind turbines which are sometimes called bird cuisinarts. Storms brought pelagic birds into our area one year. The birds did not survive.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I believe it has been established that the birds died just shy of midnight, so we need to establish when the birds quit feeding and roosted for the night.

Most birds migrate at night, which is why these birds died at night. The cover of darkness protects the birds. People have the mistaken belief that birds migrate during the day because some prominent species do such as geese and ducks.

Some species fly tremendous distances without feeding. Birds fly from Brazil to the Chesapeake area without stopping. It's a 3000+ mile trip. There is no place for the birds to land. They need to complete the journey or die. At an average of 30mph the birds fly for 100+ hours day and night without stopping. They leave Brazil fat and ready and arrive on the US coast skinny and in need of nutritious meals. This is only a stopping point because they fly nonstop to Hudson Bay after feasting for 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
I've wondered this myself and it probably is a contributing factor in some of these deaths. I still can't explain why all these birds(usually of the same species), suddenly fall out of the sky, at the same time and the exact same location. I could understand if they froze or where dying off in strange locations. This does seem to be something we can't understand or explain. Sorry not fearmongering just saying we can't always explain everything and that makes us uncomfortable.

I want to thank OP for starting this thread. It was just going to get loss within mine with all the damage-control debunkers out in full force so...............thank you.

What I just heard is an interesting theory (IF....you want to consider all these events to be natural in design opposed to artificial) is....sky quakes.

Rather than trying to explain this in my layman's interpretation, I'll embed this video because this guy really seems to have a scientific handle on the situation.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: wrong video

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I believe it has been established that the birds died just shy of midnight, so we need to establish when the birds quit feeding and roosted for the night.

Most birds migrate at night, which is why these birds died at night.

The particular species of bird from the Arkansas incident have poor night vision. They fly by day and roost at night.

These birds did show signs of trauma and it turns out that because their night vision is so lousy, they have trouble finding their way at night.

animaltourism.com...

Some species fly tremendous distances without feeding.

It's all about adaptation. If a bird migrates across an ocean, then certainly they must go without food. Conversely, a hummingbird can only sustain flight for a few minutes without feeding. These birds were not adapted for long-term sustained flight without food, as nature has not necessitated that physiological adaptation in response to their environment.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths

Now, whats causing the magnetic poles to wander ?

some say its the hot, molten, inner Core of the Earth slowing down its spin rate.
the dynamo effect of the spinning molten iron-nickel core is what causes the poles to have
energetic magnetism....

when the dynamo slows the poles get weak and wander,
just where we are now in the process is thought to be near the End, after which
the N and S poles reverse and the inner core spin begins the long process of speeding up.

i have a notion that the inner core slowing has affected the heat distribution of the Earth's
Layers of molten Mantle...
the resulting below the crust Hot Spots are more numberous and in different areas,
and that is what's resulting in pockets of formerly trapped methane gas finding its way
to the surface ... these gas pockets being released can outgas in the rivers, lakes, oceans
and result in various sized die-offs of fish and shell creatures.
These other pockets of noxious gas, no longer trapped in the strata, rise to the surface and ooze into the atmosphere where flocks of birds fly into the cloud of gas and suffocate with just one-two
breaths of air, and fall to the ground.

this is not only happening in the Madrid Failt Zone, but all over the planet, all because the
inner core's reduced spin does not mix the molten Mantle as well and result in a new fluid dynamic
below our surface Crustal tectonic plates.

at least thats my try at an explaination for all the sudden increase of bird and fish kills all over
the globe.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by willie9696
I've wondered this myself and it probably is a contributing factor in some of these deaths. I still can't explain why all these birds(usually of the same species), suddenly fall out of the sky, at the same time and the exact same location. I could understand if they froze or where dying off in strange locations. This does seem to be something we can't understand or explain. Sorry not fearmongering just saying we can't always explain everything and that makes us uncomfortable.

I want to thank OP for starting this thread. It was just going to get loss within mine with all the damage-control debunkers out in full force so...............thank you.

What I just heard is an interesting theory (IF....you want to consider all these events to be natural in design opposed to artificial) is....sky quakes.

Rather than trying to explain this in my layman's interpretation, I'll embed this video because this guy really seems to have a scientific handle on the situation.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: wrong video

Whoa... I'm looking for information on this and can't find a whole lot... is there another scientific term for this?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

In trying to research this out myself I don't believe skyquakes are accepted in the conventional world of science (imagine that)
If you do a quick Google search it brings you to a bunch of conspiracy-like sites.

Personally, I think Scott (the video) is on to something.
You gotta go-alternative to find the truth because we're being lied to day after day after day by the official people in charge.

If I find out anything else, I'll post it on here.

Why don't you link this thread onto my thread? I'm sure a lot of the readers over there will appreciate this.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
DONT FORGET ALL THE DEAD BEES!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here is some good info about the movement of Magnetic North.

I wanted to visualize the movement of magnetic north. I used the info from Wiki: Earths's Magnetic Field and plotted them on Google earth.

The Distance Magnetic North has moved is 309 miles in the last 10 years.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/132b93a57d55.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/673017e49393.jpg[/atsimg]

The dance of the Magnetic North Pole from 1590-2010.

Note the rapid movement increase at the very end of the video 2000-2010... The most rapid movement the pole shift has experienced in 420 years is happening right now.

source: GEOMAG

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

When you say it's moved 309 miles in the last 10 years, has it ever moved the other way (back)? Or is it constantly moving in the same direction?

By the way, I love your name/spelling. Great name for a band!

Thanking you in advance

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thank you !
I agree about the band name as well.

Well the only data I have is this video. (I recommend being view at full screen. I promise no screaming zombies scares at the end!!!) The magnetic pole meanders around north Canada and Greenland. Never in the last 420 years has the magnetic pole been moving so rapidly.

But according to wiki:
Geomagnetic Polarity Time Scale and Geomagnetic Reversal

A geomagnetic reversal is a change in the orientation of Earth's magnetic field such that the positions of magnetic north and magnetic south become interchanged. These events often involve an extended decline in field strength followed by a rapid recovery after the new orientation has been established. These events occur on a scale of tens of thousands of years or longer, with the last one occurring 780 000 years ago.

A neat chart there shows that reversals have happened many times before.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The particular species of bird from the Arkansas incident have poor night vision. They fly by day and roost at night.

What I have seen about the Arkansas report is that blackbirds were involved. No species was given in the news reports I saw. Blackbirds do migrate at night. Here is an example of someone recording noctrnal migrations of blackbirds.
Redwing Nocturnal Migration 17/18-10-2008
Your claim that they are day fliers is not correct.

Also, the fact that there stomachs was empty is meaningless. They could have been in flight for a while. They could have nested in an area with little food.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join