It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8,000 turtle doves fall dead in Italy with strange blue stain on their beaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Another day, another mass death of birds and/or fish.
Source

Thousands of dead turtle doves rained down on roofs and cars in an Italian town in the latest in a growing spate of mass animal deaths across the globe.
Residents in Faenza described the birds falling to the ground like 'little Christmas balls' with strange blue stains on their beaks.
Initial tests on up to 8,000 of the doves indicated that the blue stain could have been caused by poisoning or hypoxia.

It could be just a over-reported natural occurance, however, I can't shake the "creeped out" feeling I am getting from all of this.
And what is with the blue beaks...Poison from what (gah, don't make me reconsider the chem trails conspiracy)...low oxygen..why would they fly too high?

I wonder...could these birds be flying through a random hole in the ozone and being blasted with radiation or something? (just fishing here)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12c1ef937912.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: Pics = 1000 dead birds words

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Any ideas about the blue stain?

Read this elsewhere:

“If it's blue stains in their mouths, it could be something ingested.I­f it's blue stains actually in their beaks that's far more interestin­g. A birds beak is basically a toe nail with magnetite and other metal deposits that the birds use for navigation­. The blue stains could suggest burning. Maybe with some type of radio wave, man made or from space.

Very interestin­g.”

So...lets do some research on blue toenails...

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Blue nails. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

•Agyria
•Mepacrine
•Lack of oxygen
•Wilson's disease
•Silver poisoning
•Methemoglobinemia
•Chronic lung disease (e.g. asthma)
•Insufficient oxygen
•Subungual hematoma
•Trauma
•Fracture
Read more at [url=http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/blue_nails/causes.htm?ktrack=kcplink]Wrongdiagnosis

Time to figure out what some of these are...hmm

-checks his own toenails to see if he is about to die-

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They are saying a pole shift may be responsible for incorrect migratory issues into bad weather....

Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths

What do you think HypnoToad?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
OK. This is just way to widespread to simply blame on fireworks (BS). I'm going with the canary in the coal mine notion that these die offs are an indicator of a much larger problem on the horizon. Day after day, more reports continue to fall into place.

Isolated instances are usually rather simple to explain but this is just bizarre... I rarely get bibilical and these events over the course of the past week certainly have me scrambling for the good book.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Another mass die-off?!

Now I understand that animal die-offs happen naturally, but why the sudden ones world wide withing a week! The first one was in Beebe Arkansas just a week ago on the night of Dec 31-Jan 1.

The blue beak situation is very interesting.

This situation really is odd. I mean why is this only affecting certain breeds of animals in an area and not all?

Is it purely situational? We need a Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Doolittle all rolled into one to solve this caper!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here is some good info about the movement of Magnetic North.

I wanted to visualize the movement of magnetic north. I used the info from Wiki: Earths's Magnetic Field and plotted them on Google earth.

The Distance Magnetic North has moved is 309 miles in the last 10 years.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/132b93a57d55.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/673017e49393.jpg[/atsimg]

The dance of the Magnetic North Pole from 1590-2010.

Note the rapid movement increase at the very end of the video 2000-2010... The most rapid movement the pole shift has experienced in 420 years is happening right now.

source: GEOMAG

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport
edit on (1/7/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You had listed silver poisoning as a possible cause for the blue beak which brought me back to the concept of cloud seeding in which silver iodide is commonly used. Note the mention of argyria discoloration.

Under the guidelines of the United States Environmental Protection Agency Clean Water Act, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and a toxic pollutant.

Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce “iodism”, which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache, irritation of the mucous membranes, weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression. Chronic inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with silver compounds may cause argyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Cloud seeding is done from the ground, air and by rockets (the Chinese method of choice)

Strange...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I was trying to find a thread a few days back of someone whom posted these wild pictures of the magnetic poles going wonky for a bit. (red lines that go up and blue lines that go down were all conjumbled for awhile). This thread was posted, then a bit later on we started hearing of these mass deaths. I have so far been unsuccessful in finding that thread.

I am not up on my avian biology to know how significant a 40 mile shift over time would effect a bird beyond make it slightly confused...the blue beak in this particular instance seems significant though...still trying to find that thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
OK. This is just way to widespread to simply blame on fireworks (BS). I'm going with the canary in the coal mine notion that these die offs are an indicator of a much larger problem on the horizon. Day after day, more reports continue to fall into place.

Isolated instances are usually rather simple to explain but this is just bizarre... I rarely get bibilical and these events over the course of the past week certainly have me scrambling for the good book.

Don't remember hearing about birds and fish dying off in the bible. people, sure...

Now, if it was like chickens and cows, then sure...you can make a case for famine (if these numbers were in the billions verses thousands or millions).

I am slowly feeling something is afoot, however, I don't think it is apocolyptic in nature...but thereis a shot across the bow here...we need to figure what the warning is if it is one...is it a atmospheric issue...magentic issue, etc...

Its time to get serious scientists on this to make sure everythings cool...or what to do if something is off...(even if it is just getting canned foods and finding a bunker, hope for the best).

Damn you Nibiru!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hm...found a nice link

Phytoplankton need two things for photosynthesis and thus their survival: energy from the sun and nutrients from the water. Phytoplankton absorb both across their cell walls. In the process of photosynthesis, phytoplankton release oxygen into the water. Half of the world's oxygen is produced via phytoplankton photosynthesis. The other half is produced via photosynthesis on land by trees, shrubs, grasses, and other plants.

Source

Now lets see...if those planktons are dying off (because of the Gulf Oil Spill for example) the Oxygen in the Water,and therefore in the Atmosphere is lowering,right?

Any Experts here in that Topic?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

Now lets see...if those planktons are dying off (because of the Gulf Oil Spill for example) the Oxygen in the Water,and therefore in the Atmosphere is lowering,right?

Any Experts here in that Topic?

OFFS!!!!

That better not be the reason!

Why must reality constantly try to imitate comedy disaster films!!!

Hopefully President Camacho can solve this

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I was trying to find a thread a few days back of someone whom posted these wild pictures of the magnetic poles going wonky for a bit. (red lines that go up and blue lines that go down were all conjumbled for awhile). This thread was posted, then a bit later on we started hearing of these mass deaths. I have so far been unsuccessful in finding that thread.

I can't find the thread either but it linked to this website:
Space Weather Simulation

I'll keep looking for the thread and if I find it will post it here.
------
Ha! Found it! pole flip happening right now!!! look at this!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I dont think so either,because it wouldnt explain everything...but just to add another insane little Theory...maybe our Atmosphere is breaking apart bit by bit

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I can't find the thread either but it linked to this website:
Space Weather Simulation

I'll keep looking for the thread and if I find it will post it here.
------
Ha! Found it! pole flip happening right now!!! look at this!

new topics

top topics

join